Still having trouble figuring monthly taper cuts?

[jo...]

I reduce .03 mg of valium a day, which takes approximately 33 days to taper 1 mg. I can not for the life of me figure out how much my % cut goes up after every 33 days of a 1 mg cut as my dose gets lower.

I started at 15 mg and now after 33 days at .03 mg cut a day, I am down to 14 mg.  This was relatively easy with no wd sx.  But, say if I stay at cutting .03 mg a day (33 days per 1 mg) and get down to 8 mg or 7 mg or 6 mg, how do I know what % cut that is for the month?  I know it will be a higher % cut than it was at 15 mg. 

When I get to 10 mg and cut 1 mg, that is a 10% cut ,that is the easy one to figure. I know if I stay at the same 1 mg cut each 33 days, the lower dose I get down to on my taper, the % cut decrease will go up and more than likely start causing wd sx.  Ex: 2 mg down to 1 mg in 33 days staying at .03 mg a day is a 50% cut.

Does ANYONE know the formula to keep your % cut the same, or close to it, after each mg decrease?

I have posted this under another topic, but the response I got did only caused more confusion.  I know I have to slow my cuts down as my doses get lower, I just need help with the math in how to do it.

Thank to anyone who can help.  My brain is not functioning well enough right now to do this math formula.

Disregard the 1st posted question. I found a post that Sierra7 sent me awhile back detailing the math.  She is no longer a member with us, but for the short time she was here she was glad to help anyone struggling if she could.

First, find out how much you decreased in a month:  .03 mg/day x 30 days = .9mg/mo decrease.

Then, divide mg decrease by mg start and multiply by 100:  .9 mg / 15 mg = .06 x 100 = 6% per mo decrease.

Hope this helps.  You're doing great!

xo,

sierra  :smitten:

Next month, your starting amount is 14.1mg (because last month's start was 15mg, so we subtract the decrease of .9mg to arrive at 14.1mg).  Presuming you continue decreasing at the rate of .03mg/day, so .9mg/mo, your calculation will be:

.9 mg / 14.1 mg = .064 x 100 = 6.4% per mo decrease.

You get the idea.  :)

Enjoy your Saturday!

xo,

sierra  :smitten:

Yes Libertas. That's a good one. I like it. Thanks.

You’re welcome.  The one you recommended is also a keeper!  I don’t want to hijack this thread but since you’re online I really appreciate the info you shared with another Buddie about how you liquid taper.

Thanks to both of you for the website % calculators.  They will be very helpful as I get to a lower dose. :)

I don’t want to hijack this thread but since you’re online I really appreciate the info you shared with another Buddie about how you liquid taper.

Where can I find this thread about how you liquid tapered, if you don't mind my asking?

I think this is the post referenced. I've spoken about DLMT other places but not in as much detail.

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=223645.0

I put it in the progress section. Maybe it would be better in blogs and less specific to one starting amount.

Anyway, I hope this helps, and I'll think about how to have the info someplace where I can find it easily.