Antidepressant after discontinuing the benzo?

[pu...]

I’m going to try this again:

Has anyone started an SSRI ****AFTER**** you discontinued the benzo?

If yes, which did you take, what dosage, how far out were you, how did you respond to it?

Purple Heart18,

Why do you want to take an antidepressant?

My general practitioner wants me to take one, because I’ve lost weight and I’m still dealing with some withdrawal issues, but I’ve been afraid to start a new medication. It’s been forty days since I jumped.

Best

Purple Heart18,

Why do you want to take an antidepressant?

My general practitioner wants me to take one, because I’ve lost weight and I’m still dealing with some withdrawal issues, but I’ve been afraid to start a new medication. It’s been forty days since I jumped.

Best

The depression is getting out of control, and I need to maintain my job. And I need to get some of this under control in the next couple of months, because I need to go back to full-time work. I am basically nonfunctional at home.  I have declined to the point where taking a shower is almost too much for me now.

I have been off 5.5 months.

Yes, I tried Paxil at around 6 months or so and it made me so much worse that i had to take several rescue doses of benzos. I ended up in ICU after that. But I think I'm one of the worst cases here on BB so I don't want to get you scared. But 5 months is super early into the withdrawal. Can you apply for medical leave or disability?

Yes, I tried Paxil at around 6 months or so and it made me so much worse that i had to take several rescue doses of benzos. I ended up in ICU after that. But I think I'm one of the worst cases here on BB so I don't want to get you scared. But 5 months is super early into the withdrawal. Can you apply for medical leave or disability?

I have no medical leave and disability would likely take longer to be approved than benzo healing takes, if I were even approved at all.

I am also concerned about the AD launching me into a manic phase, given the hypersensitivity of my CNS at present.

Though, I have several diagnoses and have had issues for literally decades......I just really do not want to set myself back this far out.......but the daytime symptoms are become really desperate and hopeless, considering I now have BWS in addition to my preexisting conditions.

I would share your concern and SSRIs and Venla and Trazadone can swithch folk to mania. I know to my cost. I am now on mirtazipine without seroquel and am very chilled, but am still on a benzo of course.

The antipsychotics "AD"s dont apparently but they are hell to get off.

Are you managing without ?

Best wishes

Dick