Sleep Quality Tracker started by Antibenzo7

[An...]

Thanks for checking in NG. I have been staying off the internet a lot too. Taking care of your hubby has to be a little exhausting at times.

@ TS, when is the surgery for the next eye scheduled for?

Hi NG,

Glad to see you back on here. Hang in there.

AB, my next appointment is for July 4th. I hope my other eye is better by then.

TS

Hey folks,

I have had a few weeks of consistent 4 to 6 hour sleep. Occasionally 6 or 7.  I still have a long way to go to get back to my organic 8 to 9 hour nights. I have a much easier time functioning on 5 hours than I did a year ago, though.

The cool thing that happened recently is that I drank coffee (Starbucks Frappucino!) and I was actually able to sleep 6 hours that night! I LOVE coffee. It tastes great and gives me clean energy. I gave it up around May 1st 2021 because I wasn't getting any sleep. I feel so different when I am able to drink it. It's almost like an antidepressant to me. Anyway. the fact that I got away with drinking it 2 days in a row and still slept is amazing! Mind boggling. Didn't have any today. Baby steps getting back on to coffee every day. So awesome to read about you all getting sleep! Yay!

Hey folks,

I have had a few weeks of consistent 4 to 6 hour sleep. Occasionally 6 or 7.  I still have a long way to go to get back to my organic 8 to 9 hour nights. I have a much easier time functioning on 5 hours than I did a year ago, though.

The cool thing that happened recently is that I drank coffee (Starbucks Frappucino!) and I was actually able to sleep 6 hours that night! I LOVE coffee. It tastes great and gives me clean energy. I gave it up around May 1st 2021 because I wasn't getting any sleep. I feel so different when I am able to drink it. It's almost like an antidepressant to me. Anyway. the fact that I got away with drinking it 2 days in a row and still slept is amazing! Mind boggling. Didn't have any today. Baby steps getting back on to coffee every day. So awesome to read about you all getting sleep! Yay!

Thats great! Is it less broken too?

Hi HM,

Congratulations!  Coffee and still sleep,  amazing!  But wise of you to take it easy, no need to rush and overdo it.

You sound so much more relaxed and happy! So glad for you!

I slept better than the previous night. I couldn't get much worse, to be honest. I had a number of sleep cycles. After waking up I could get to sleep by completely giving in to gravity and fate, if you know what I mean by that.

This morning I woke up at 6 am and couldn't fall asleep. Nerves kicked in. I felt an anxiety I hadn’t felt in a long time. Even some nausea again.This cataract business is getting to me. Ugh. Hope things are going to get better asap!

Oh well, a brand new day. Sunny and nice, so I 'll try to enjoy that.

Sleep well, HM and take it easy on the Black Gold!

TS

Hi HM,

Congratulations!  Coffee and still sleep,  amazing!  But wise of you to take it easy, no need to rush and overdo it.

You sound so much more relaxed and happy! So glad for you!

I slept better than the previous night. I couldn't get much worse, to be honest. I had a number of sleep cycles. After waking up I could get to sleep by completely giving in to gravity and fate, if you know what I mean by that.

This morning I woke up at 6 am and couldn't fall asleep. Nerves kicked in. I felt an anxiety I hadn’t felt in a long time. Even some nausea again.This cataract business is getting to me. Ugh. Hope things are going to get better asap!

Oh well, a brand new day. Sunny and nice, so I 'll try to enjoy that.

Sleep well, HM and take it easy on the Black Gold!

TS

Good luck with the cataracts.  I got in 6.5 hours.  My usual schedule is 10 p.m. - 5 a.m., but had to stay up till 10:30 last night to hear the end of the ball game.

Greetings all,

I will write with the promise of not rambling, as my world grows smaller, caring for my husband.

My sleep has become less at around three hours a night.  I am relieved when morning comes.

Yesterday, I was diagnosed with IT Band Syndrome, which is why my year-old knee is causing me pain and stiffness.  It was a relief to know and so a new round of physical therapy begins.

Congratulations HM on sleeping so well after drinking coffee!

I wish you all good sleep and less stress.

NG

Hi everyone,

RnR,  thanks. Sleeping some 6,5 hours is nothing less than wonderful!  Hope your team came out on top!

NG,  not much chance of you rambling! And...what if you did? We all need that at times. You are having enough to deal with.

I followed up on your suggestion and phoned the hospital this morning. Were able to come in this afternoon. Nothing seriously wrong,  most likely a floater that got stuck to the back of the lens. Can be treated with laser, but not for another week or 8. ( just had cataract surgery on this eye). So, just bad luck. Hope this takes my anxiety away...

Enjoy your day, everyone!

TS

Hello everyone...

A little over 5 hours for me last night.

6.5 hrs sound great RnR. Hope it continues

Enjoy your coffee HM. I can tell you really enjoy it.

Hang in there NG.

Try to enjoy your Wednesday everyone.

Thanks so much, you guys, for the congrats on getting away with coffee.

TS, Glad your sleep is usually OK. I hope your anxiety goes away soon. I HATE anxiety. I listen to guided meditation to help mine.

NG, I am not exactly sure what IT Band Syndrome is but I am glad you are relieved at having a diagnosis and hope your PT goes well.  I have had many, many 3 hou rnights and, as you know, you will come around again to the 4+ hour nights soon.

AB, So glad you are getting in those 5+ hour nights! Yay! anything over 4 is a win in my book:)

RnR, So happy you are gtting in those 6+ hour nights. How nice.

Everyone is doing fairly well. That makes me smile. Last night was my first 'normal' night since my fiasco with Xanax over a year ago. I actually slept 8 hours AND it was deep, heavy, beautiful sleep. I have had a (scant) few 7 and 8's here and there but the quality of sleep was not  at all like last night. I know it's hit and miss for a long time so I know better than to start counting chickens but boy it was so nice! I woke refreshed and energetic. Unusual for me. Had a shot of espresso this morning. Hopefully, it won't keep me up tonight. Last night was like the sleep Xanax used to give me, minus the drug. Hope to have it again soon.

HM

Hi,

HM, so happy for you! Sounds amazing. Wish you many many more great sleeps and tasty cups of coffee!

NG,  Sorry your knee is giving you issues again. Hopefully the PT will make the pain go away soon!

I had an amazing sleep last night! Over 8 hours!  Woke up a couple times, but went straight back to sleep every time. No anxiety, no worrying.

My eye is the same I'm afraid. Lots of floaters and misty clouds. The brain is working overtime to correct all that. Makes me feel tired.

It's going to be very warm today,  possibly ending in thunder tonight.

Enjoy your day if at all possible.

TS

Hi,

HM, so happy for you! Sounds amazing. Wish you many many more great sleeps and tasty cups of coffee!

NG,  Sorry your knee is giving you issues again. Hopefully the PT will make the pain go away soon!

I had an amazing sleep last night! Over 8 hours!  Woke up a couple times, but went straight back to sleep every time. No anxiety, no worrying.

My eye is the same I'm afraid. Lots of floaters and misty clouds. The brain is working overtime to correct all that. Makes me feel tired.

It's going to be a very warm day today,  possibly ending in thunder tonight.

Enjoy your day if at all possible.

TS

Good to hear you got over 8 hours of sleep.  I logged 7.5 hours.  I don't count the two times I got up to pee.  :-)

Fantastic HM, really happy for you. Hopefully, any drug induced insomnia is ending for you and good natural sleep is returning.

TS and RnR, you both got really good sleep last night. I hope it continues for both of you.

I did not wear the FitBit but I think I got over 5 hours that I am grateful for. The anxiety is still hitting me hard tho.

Enjoy your day my friends.

It is really hot here and I think the AC compressor is starting to fail. Ugh! I just spent over 2 grand to replace the air handler inside and now this. This stuff causes anxiety when you don't have a lot of money. I hope my 17 year old car does not break this year. :'(

Hello,

Good you both had a good amount of sleep.  Let's hope it continues to be good and get better.

Yes, anxiety is awful. I had anxiety on Tuesday morning, as I mentioned earlier. It's paralyzing and impossible to run from. Hope yours passes soon, AB.

Rain and thunder expected tonight and tomorrow after a hot day.

Stay strong.

TS

Good day everyone,

You are all doing well with sleep!  We really are an impressive group!

AB, hopefully the compressor is not going out on your AC! The air handler was very costly repair. Uff

We'll keep our fingers crossed concerning the car holding up. 

RocknRoll, you certainly did well with sleep! Indeed don't count the bathroom breaks. They are just a little blip on the radar screen.

HM, nice sleep without any drugs is so wonderful and refreshing. Keep it up and enjoy the coffee!

I had to google the TS Band Syndrome as I had never heard of it before the doctor told me.  I'm glad PT will help this to go

away. 

TS, I hope your eyes clear up soon. I am glad you are getting some much needed sleep. It helps with recovery.  Enjoy the cool rain/weather.

I slept a little over 8 hours last night. It was broken, but sleep is sleep!

NG

10:30 p.m. --> 5:30 a.m.  I've read that sleep before midnight is very restorative to the mind and body, so I try to get some sleep then.  I think it has something to do with the circadian rhythms. 8)

REM sleep restores the mind and DEEP sleep restores the body.  You can't control how much of either you get each night.  Your body decides.  My Fitbit said I had 2 hours 4 minutes of REM last night and 1 hour 5 minutes of DEEP sleep.  I normally get about 90 minutes of each and some nights it less than an hour of each.

Hi lady and guys, (and there's many of us on here atm! There were times I was the only male in a group of women ..).

Nice to read so much good news! That alone is worth the visit to this BB- group!

My sleep wasn't much to speak of last night. Too warm in the bedroom for any cover or pj's, too cool to do without. I kept waking up, feeling a bit cold.

After this morning 's rain the sky cleared and the sun came out again. Nice weather now.

Hoping for a better night.

Enjoy this June Friday. Boy, those nights are short at this time of year. But I love the never ending evenings that come with the package!

Hold on!

Trochsetter

GM everyone...

My sleep was decent last night. I got over 6 hrs and only woke up once to pee. Anxiety is still pretty bad however. AC is still creeping along but the compressor is dying I think. The unit is over 10 years old. I need to squeeze all I can out of it bf replacing because finances are really tight ATM.

Enjoy your Sat. buddies.

GM everyone...

My sleep was decent last night. I got over 6 hrs and only woke up once to pee. Anxiety is still pretty bad however. AC is still creeping along but the compressor is dying I think. The unit is over 10 years old. I need to squeeze all I can out of it bf replacing because finances are really tight ATM.

Enjoy your Sat. buddies.

-----------------------

You got over 6 hours --not too shabby.  I fell asleep during the 8th inning of a ball game.  Woke up, turned off the radio, and then got 7 hours of sleep.  However, I kept waking up after my dreams.

Good day everyone,

I am so glad you are all doing well with six or more hours of sleep. We do seem to be healing from our benzo nightmare.

My sleep did not do well the first half of the night, but towards morning, I did start sleeping better. I ended up with an hour and seven minutes of REM sleep and 57 minutes of deep in that time frame. That's about as good as it gets. 

Have a good weekend everyone.

NG

Hi Guys,

I am still drinking one shot of espresso a day. The same caffeine as one cup of coffee. Since my super deep 8 hour night a few nights ago, I have had 5-ish hour nights. Maybe 6. Still, the amount and quality of my sleep is dramatically improved since this time last year. No comparison! Praise God!

On a note so hot note, I have gained weight! I am out and about and eating out too often. Also having cocktails. I have gained 12 pounds in the last 3 to 4 months. Yikes. I'd like to lose about 25 pounds but haven't gotten the mojo to go to the gym and watch my diet.

Last year I was actually 20 pounds less than I am now because I had no appetite from horrific insomnia. 0 to 2 hour nights for several months. I am sleeping and eating better now but eating too much! and not getting any exercise.

HM

[f2...]