Sleep Quality Tracker started by Antibenzo7

[An...]

Hi Xray,

Great! Sleep we must, albeit with the aid of a pill sometimes. Marvellous you were able to go back to sleep after the thunderstorm!

Wishing you a great sleep again tonight!

TS

Good to hear you got some sleep Xray, even tho not 100% natural.

Thanks TS...I did a COVID test and it was negative. Good to hear about the 7 hrs of sleep.  :thumbsup:

I still feel pretty bad and I have not eaten today...gonna lie back down. I hope for a better tomorrow.

I got 6 or 7 hours of sleep last. That’s 2 nights in row. The seroquel seems be working. Now I just hope it doesn’t poop out me to soon. I also hope that it doesn’t interfere with organic sleep returning. I also hope that it doesn’t mess up my brain. I tried so hard to do this Med free but the lack of sleep broke me and I had to try something.

I hope everybody else slept well last night. Have a great Sunday.

Do not feel bad about having to take the Seroquel Xray. We all have in us only so much that we can take before we literally break. They gave me Seroquel during an inpatient hospital stay in 06 and it was the only way I could sleep. No one is saying you will have to take the seroquel the remainder of your life. Just think of it as a temp. crutch until you can get over this hurdle.

I did not wear the fitbit to bed last night but I think I got approx. 6 hours but the sleep was restless and  I awoke 3 times. My temp. is back in the normal range and my stomach is not hurting as bad this morning. I still have no appetite. Hopefully, the appetite returns today or tomorrow.

Enjoy your Sunday everyone.

Hi AB, sorry to hear you are not feeling well. Rest is the best, until you do.

I agree with your comment to Xray, when we feel so terrible that we might break, then be kind to ourselves and take something that might help catch some much needed sleep, as long as it isn't a benzo. 

Last night I slept almost 8 hours. I'm happy with that. 

NG

Hi NG,

Nice to hear about the 8 hrs of sleep. I am so happy for you. I have not seen HM around. I hope she is doing ok.

Good morning everybody,

Seroquel is still working for me. I was able to get about 7 hours last night and I woke up this morning feeling better than I have in a long time. That makes 3 straight nights of good sleep. I hope it keeps working. I also hope it doesn’t interfere with my organic sleep coming back. Have a great day everybody.

X-ray...that's awesome...

I highly doubt Seroquel will mess with your regular sleep returning.  I'm glad it works for you and hopefully you'll have zero issues coming off of it.

Hoping and praying it keeps working for you.

Hi everyone,

Good to hear Xray.

I got a little over 6 hours of fair quality sleep.

I am still having some GI issues....not sure what is going on there.

Try to enjoy your Monday everyone.

Good morning everybody. Last night was not so great. I got about 6 hours last night but it wasn’t very restful. I think I overdid the activities yesterday because when I went to bed last night my anxiety was thru thru the roof.  Today is my 6 month anniversary and I truly hoped that I would feel better by now. I hope everybody else had a good night.

Good morning everybody. I got about 6 hours last night. It wasn’t very restful sleep though. I think I overdid it yesterday and couldn’t calm down at bedtime. Today is my 6 month anniversary and I really hoped that I would be more functional by now. I hope everybody else had a good night.

Xray,

6 hours of broken, restless sleep is always better than zero....always....just keep reminding yourself of that fact!

Every night won't be unbroken sleep even with the help of something that induces sedation.

Whatever it takes to sleep as long as it's NOT a Benzo!  :thumbsup:

Enjoy the new sleep regardless...

Thanks TW,

I’ve been thinking about getting back into jogging. Before all this I was able to jog half marathons and could average 7 minute miles. That physical activity helped me get deep restful sleep every night. I know that what works before benzo doesn’t always work after benzo but I did read a book called spark that says cardio exercise releases chemicals in the brain that help it regenerate. The book was mostly for alcoholics and opiate addicts but who knows maybe it will work for benzo recovery as well. Nothing else had worked so far so I’m gonna give this a try. Maybe it’ll help boost my sleep drive.

The cardio may help Xray. You have been off benzos for a while, and you were not a long-term user. Have you deconditioned or are you still in pretty good shape?

FitBit says about 7 hours last night of good quality but IDK. I felt I did not sleep as well as the fitness tracker says. Hmmm

I woke up a few times and had a hard time getting back to sleep. (I thought, maybe not tho). I am still having some GI issues and low back pain has flared again. I am gonna try and stretch some.

Enjoy your day buddies and stay safe.

Hey AB,

I am extremely out of shape right now. I tried to keep jogging the first month but after that the sleep deprivation started catching up to me. I’ve been walking 2 miles almost every day but that really isn’t great exercise. But now that I finally found something that is giving me rest I thought I would pick it up again. I just got back and I was able to jog about a half mile of my 2 mile walk. It really picked up my mood. I can definitely tell it takes my body a lot longer to calm down than it used to. I’m just tired of sitting around waiting for a miracle.

I do cardio and lift weights 6 days per week....it does help, but maybe don't overdo it right away...start slow and build up the distance, but you already know that!  :thumbsup:

But you know how your body responds better than anyone else.... 

Waiting and rest are good things Xray but I also feel as you do. After awhile, you have to try some other things to see if they improve mood and help you to feel better. I would also take a close look at diet and try to ensure you are eating as healthy as you possibly can.

I know if I lie in bed a lot or sit for long periods, I tend to feel worse, not better. Like TheAway said, don't overdo things but try to incorporate some exercise into your life at least 5 days a week if you can. Diet, exercise, sleep, and stress reduction are all crucial to feeling well and energetic each day, esp. as we age.

Good morning,

Last night was pretty good for sleep. I fell asleep at about 9:30 and slept until around 6:15 with only 2 short wake ups. Im still taking 150mg of Seroquel but it seems to be working. I just got back from a walk/run. It’s a 2 mile loop and I jogged about half a mile of it. Im hoping that this will eventually help with sleep. Hoping everyone else got some sleep last night.

I am happy for you Xray. :thumbsup: Keep up the exercise. It will help immensely IMO.

I got about 6 hours of fair quality sleep.

Enjoy your Wed. everyone. :)

Hi people,

Glad your sleep is improving.  Keep it up!

My sleep is fairly good atm, but on the short side. I don't fall asleep as quickly as I did for months and wake up much earlier too. Sleep feels to be of a good quality, though. So the last couple of weeks now I get up around 6 and go for a walk or a bike ride. Exercise beats just lying in bed imo. Last Tuesday morning I got soaked to the skin when the heavens opened. O well, shit happens I guess.

Our Summer weather has changed into a more autumnal type. Colder with much needed rain. Lots of wind on some days too.

Wishing you all a peaceful sleep and a lovely day!

TS

Hi Buddies,

I am being hit hard with an anxiety / benzo tolerance flare again. I slept maybe 4 hours last night but it was broken and very restless.

I hope everyone else is doing much better.

Try to enjoy your Friday.....stormy weather here today. :)

Hi,

AB,  sorry you're having a hard time atm. Anxiety is a real bitch! I hope the flare ends soon.

My sleep is OK in that I sleep some 6 hours without interruptions, but wake up a bit too early. The last couple of nights I did manage to get back to sleep,  but just very light sleep. 

Our warmer Spring weather is gone. Only half the temp we had for weeks.  Strong winds, showers.  No fun right now. But getting better again next week.

I was on a waiting-list since early March to have cataract surgery. Now it turns out I was put back on that list just last week. That means having to wait another 4 months!  Sh*t, f#ck! Excuse my French..!

Have a lovely weekend everyone!

Trochsetter

Hello,

Recovering after a bad night. I woke up somewhere in the second part of the night sweating like an otter and having a mean nausea.  My whole body hurting and ever so tired. Oof,  what a bad couple of hours.  Finally things settled down and I even slept some more.  Got up at 9 am. Had to kind of get back to life the entire morning. Now, after lunch, I feel ok again. But, what happened last night? Something I ate, a touch of some flu? Who knows. Could be the latter, because I had a number of waves yesterday where I felt an extreme tiredness come over me. Hope it stays away.

Hope you all slept well.

TS

Good morning every one,

I slept ok last. Maybe 6 hours. Yesterday and today my anxiety has really ramped up. I am really jittery with elevated heart rate. It has my stomach in knots. I’m a little over 6 months out from a short term use and a ct. I really wished I would be farther along than I am by now. I sometimes think maybe this is as good as it gets. I’m still using Seroquel to sleep at night so I can’t even say I am sleeping on my own. I hope everybody else had a food night.

[f4...]