Sleep Quality Tracker started by Antibenzo7

[An...]

Hi TS,

I think I might have gotten 6 hours last night. I wake up and go back to sleep a lot so it is really hard to tell how much I have slept. I did sleep though and that's good. I had a wonderful Thanksgiving with my family. It was fun. I hope yours was awesome too. I was rear-ended on the 24th and my car is not drivable. I have to wait until Monday, probably, to get the adjuster to look at my car and come up with an estimate.

Have a great Black Friday!

I hope you are great too, NG and everyone else:)

HM

HM, thanks for the good wishes. You too!

Are you okay from being rear ended? Yikes!  It sometimes causes a stiff neck.

I did not venture out on Black Friday. The traffic and crowds can be a bit stressful. 

TS, my dad was Swedish and no, the great grandparents wanted to blend into America, so never spoke their language once they learned English.

My mother's family came from Norway and because they wanted to blend in, they only spoke the language at home, so the kids were somewhat bi-lingual.

The reason I took Swedish at the university is because they didn't offer Norwegian.  I figured if I learned one, I could easily understand the other.

I learned Uffda as a child and a few other words related to food, such as kumla and lutefisk (uffda ha!) but that was it. I wish things had been different with not letting the language go, but it was not. Probably a sign of the times.

The is shining this morning with a nice day in the forecast. Stay warm and enjoy the snow.

NG

Hi NG,

The mind can play tricks on a person. I had it all mixed up: your mom and dad, Sweden and Norway. Well, never mind.

I looked up Uff da and lutefisk. You're right, lutefisk sounds awful and must taste even worse... :D

I hope you were able to enjoy the sunshine. We had another dark day. Not much rain or wind, but temps just above freezing. Even some snow in the hills. ( not were I live).

The situation concerning Covid-19 is still getting worse. Yesterday the latest mutant ( from South Africa) has arrived.

Scary times! Uff!

Stay safe! 

Have a nice weekend.

TS

Hello HM,

I hope you're doing OK after the accident. Must have been quite a shock to get rear-ended!

So glad your sleep keeps getting better! Yey!

Happy for you for having a great Thanksgiving.

Enjoy your weekend.

TS

Good morning,

My sleep is off again.

My mother turns 102 next month and so we are flying back to celebrate with her.

We decided against driving, as the roads can turn to ice in a blink.

My older sister is in charge of the celebration and so it goes.

TS, it is all Scandinavia, though each country stands on their own. Over the years there were wars and then they all settled into a civil distance.

Growing up in the states, each country seemed quite "cool" to me. It was some place I could have been born in, but wasn't because of circumstances beyond my control.

As for lutefisk, it has never crossed my lips, nor will it ever. ha

I hope the sun is shining over you today.

The covid is growing worse again. I just wanted to be back to normal, but perhaps this is it.

NG

Hello NG,

Enjoyed your post! You have a wonderful way of taking things the way they come. Really good way to accept what you don't control!

Sorry about your sleep.  It will improve again, like it always does.  :)

Wow, 102 years old. Good genes, right?

A very wise decision to fly to your mom's instead of driving. A few years ago it was your turn to organise the celebration. I remember you said it was a success back then.

Yes, you could have been Swedish or Norwegian,  but again, something beyond your control.  :laugh:

The skies were leaky again today. Rain and drizzle, but not chilly. Boring November weather. Windy tomorrow. 

Covid-19 wise: no further increase in numbers today, but things are critical in the hospitals. On the verge of code Black!  >:(

Sleep well, dear nightengale.  :smitten:  Sweet dreams.  :thumbsup:

X  Trochsetter

Good day TS,

I slept around 7 hours last night!! It feels so good.

My allergy rash started itching last night, so I went back to two pills. This morning, the rash has appeared by my right ankle, so I used the Betamethasone Dipropionate ointment, again. That should clear things up. I'll stick with the routine that dermatologist prescribed until I see her again in a few weeks.

The genes on my mother's side gave most of the 12 children along with their parent's a good life well into their 90s and beyond. Three reached 100 plus. They all ate oatmeal daily for breakfast growing up, so I wonder if that was a contributing factor. ha

We need leaky skies here!  The roses should be watered along with a fall mum I planted. 

The critical problem at the hospitals there is worrisome. Hopefully covid infections drop off soon.

Enjoy the rest of this first December day!

NG

Hi there, NG,

That's wonderful news! Fly your flag to let everyone know.  :D Yes, it does feel good, especially in your case. Congrats.

Sorry, your rash returned yesterday. Hopefully, the ointment is doing to do its job again. An itch can drive you almost insane. Some say it's worse than pain. Not sure about that, but itching can be an absolute bitch!

Sounds nice, doesn't it: Itch is a bitch. :sick:

In some families, many members grow old. But getting old and being able to live a good life is God's gift.

The oatmeal for breakfast gives me hope: I have it every morning! I love it so much, I could eat it all day every day! When you read the specs on the package, it is one of the most healthy food items a person can take!

Another wet and this time very windy day. Ugh. I went for a 2022 calendar on my bike during a dry spell but got home wet ( again_) That's twice in two days.  :tickedoff:

Today for the first time in over a week Covid numbers are down significantly. Looks like the latest restrictions are starting to work!

Yes, the final month of 2021 is here. Hope to finish my Paxil taper before the year is out.

The pupil in my right is getting smaller! Yes! Still lots of floaters though...Seeing the doctor again this Friday.

Have a nice day and a great sleep!

Trochsetter

Good day TS,

This is my flag announcing better sleep! Last night wasn't so good, as I have a lot on my mind with my sister planning my mother's upcoming birthday party.  She failed to ask what the cost of renting the party room in the restaurant was and now she is off to Las Vegas to watch their 9 year old grandson in a go cart race.  Life is never dull in my family.

Itches can be insanity driven. ha

Yes, an itch is indeed a bitch! Mine is better today, thankfully.

That's great you have oatmeal every morning. I wish you a good long life!

I like oatmeal, also, with some fresh blueberries on top.

The wet bike ride sounds memorable along with miserable.  Those we seem to remember!

Good news to hear the covid numbers are going down there. I hope this continues with the latest restrictions in place. We are back to wearing masks in public places/buildings, which is what I've been doing all fall.

On to better things...great news on your continued Paxil taper!  You've got this, TS!

I'm happy to hear the pupil in your right eye is getting smaller.  Sorry to hear the floaters are still there.  Perhaps the doctor can shed some light on your progress this Friday. Everything does seem to be going in the right direction.

Take care,

NG

Hello nightengale,

Worrying about certain issues can be and most often is a great disturber of a good night's sleep.

Letting go is easier said than done, I know!

Sorry it messed up your sleep.

Some people seem to go through life more relaxed than others. Your sister lets you do the worrying, or so it seems. Best to shrug your shoulders.

Glad to hear your itch is better.

Had a lovely, albeit cold, bike ride yesterday. The sun was back, with hardly any wind.

Wednesday my sleep was interrupted by a stubborn throat. I tried to clear it for hours. Last night 's sleep was awsome, thankfully.

This morning I saw the eye-doctor again. The imflammation has almost gone! Two more weeks of continued tapering the Prednisolon eye drops.

Next appointment in 2 weeks time.

It's going to rain for the rest of the day, so no bike ride outside.  But there’s always the stationary bike...

This weekend ( December 5th) it's the feast of " Sinterklaas." See the resemblance with Santa Claus? Right, same guy, different costume and date.. Families with kids celebrate with presents and lots of sweets, including pepernoten and chocoladeletters! Yummy!

Christmas was always celebrated without presents,  but that's changing. All to do with American influences. Oh well..The times, they are a-changing.

Have a pleasant day if you can.

Stay strong, stay safe.

Trochsetter

Good day, TS,

That is great news about your eye healing progress! The eye drops are spot on. 

That's good your throat is doing better. 

Enjoy your inside rainy day. The stationary bike is a great option when the weather doesn't cooperate.

I like the way you could celebrate Christmas without any presents. It sounds lovely. Things do change and not always for the best.

The Christmas sweets sound delicious, especially the chocolate letters. Yumm!

Indeed the Sinterklaas sounds familiar.

Last night I slept seven hours and fifteen minutes according to my new fitbit watch. I no longer have to guess, which is nice. 

Onward and upward.

You are so right that I worry for everyone, including my sister. ha  So, today, I shall put worrying aside and know that this will all work out just fine.  Ultimately none of it matters, except to celebrate out Mother's 102nd birthday with family and friends.

Yesterday my husband fell and sustained a bad scrape on his arm. His skin is so paper thin, it tears easily.  He was outside in the back yard when it happened.  He continues to decline, physically and mentally. Alzheimer's is a tragic disease to watch progress. On the plus side, he doesn't realize it. 

Enjoy Sinterklaas this weekend! Any special plans?

NG

Hello NG,

I'm starting to feel "the king of taper". lol

How was your sleep last night?

There was a "dry" spell this afternoon so I could just manage a short walk. But the strong wind combined with drizzle made it quite unpleasant. Warmed up afterward during a 30 minute spin on my stationary bike.

Do you still do your walks?

The sweets I mentioned are especially for the Sinterklaas feest.

At Christmas time we get through a lot of other high-calory stuff...

Most people still prefer to do presents at Sinterklaas, though more and more folks repeat the process at Christmas...

Not my idea of celebrating the birth of Christ, but there you go.

Have a nice day.

TS

Seems it's just you and me on this board. Wonder how the others are doing.

Hi TS, I was hoping HM would return to let us know if she got the job she had applied for. I hope she did! Perhaps no news is good news and she is just busy working. 

My sleep is still doing very well, thanks! I had 7.5 hours of sleep, plus an hour nap, yesterday. It was heavenly seeing the 8.5 hours of sleep on my Fitbit watch.

Every morning I walk for 30 minutes and two days a week, when I have the grand dog, I walk another 30 minutes. When I go to Costco weekly, I had another 30 minutes of walking, so I do get a fair amount of walking in each day.

The pain in my right knee is daunting, plus the knee does not want to totally straighten up. I'll be glad to move forward with another new knee in January.

I have a stationary bike and used it daily before the right knee gave out. Uff.

How fun there are two Christmas celebrations in December. The children must love it! 

It's true, that all of the gift giving does take away from the true meaning of Christmas.

NG

Hi NG,

Such wonderful news about your sleep!  More than 8 hours is unbelievable.

Well, nothing wrong with your exercises. You do more than enough. Hopefully the second knee surgery is going to be just as successful as the first. Soon you'll be training for the marathon!

I hope last night 's sleep was another 7 or 8 hour one.

Getting ready to start another week.

Stay safe.

TS

Good morning,

Last night my sleep was back to just a few hours. We went out to celebrate our granddaughter's 13th birthday at a favorite restaurant we had not been to since before the covid came to town. It was lovely and quite crowded. It was snowing as we drove home, but this morning there's no sign any snow anywhere. 

My right knee pain keeps getting worse. I'm still walking each day and doing physical therapy hoping that will help lessen the pain. Tomorrow will be four weeks until I begin to put this all behind me. 

TS, it is a new week and Christmas draws closer each day.  I plan to do some Christmas goodie baking to take for my mother to enjoy.  This week is it, so I must get busy.

NG

Hi NG,

Well, only a couple of hours is always better than none. Maybe tonight is going to  bring longer sleep again.

Glad you had a lovely evening with people close to you!

Maybe take it a bit easier with your knee. My feet were thankful for a few days of rest. Yesterday 's and today's walk went really well!

Good luck with your goodie baking. Sounds delicious!

Take care.

TS

Time is winding down for my trip to Iowa for my mother's 102nd birthday celebration. Hard to believe she is that old and I am as old as I am. uff

I have a two different kinds of Christmas goodies baked and will make more after another run to the store.

I am now using one of my husband's canes to get around beings my knee no longer wants me on it. Uffda

My ortho surgeon wants me attending a pre-surgery class next week on the day my plane departs, so that won't work. I'll give them a call and see what else we can work out.  I doubt they will present anything new from when I watched it last March before my left knee surgery.

TS, how is your eye doing? Has the weather gotten better? I hope you are getting out to enjoy those bike rides.

I read an article about Sinterklaas saying if you had been bad, you would be put in a bag and sent to Spain. I might consider being bad if that was the punishment!

My coffee is cold, so I'm off to the kitchen to get a refill.

Take care,

NG

Hi NG,

There's an upside to having an old mother: it makes you a lot younger! Great that your cookies are ready with a few more batches to come! Please send me some. I'm a real cookie monster...

No way you're going to that class, you have a party to attend!

Yes, that's the good part of the punishment, being sent to Spain. The bad part is you're going to end up being turned into pepernoten...So you better be good!

My eye is getting a bit better. The pupil is back to its normal size. I'm down to 2 drops daily in both eyes. next week the doc is going to focus more on the cataract. About time too,  I say.

It's been too cold and wet for any bike rides lately. So I go for a walk and ride my stationary bike. Counts too, I guess.

Enjoy this Wednesday!

TS

Good afternoon, TS, Agreed, I am definitely a lot younger than my mother.  I feel for her, as she is ready to leave this earth, but none of us come with an off button.  Her time has yet to come.

If I could overnight some cookies to you, I would! 

Ahh, so there is a downside to being sent to Spain when one is naughty. Becoming a pepernoten would not end well. ha

Having the cataract removed is probably the plan. I do not have any yet, but given time, I think we all get them. 

A stationary bike does count for exercise.  It is always good for us to keep moving, even if we are stationary.

Wednesday was a good day. I have started packing for the trip.  Tomorrow our son's fiancée will receive her nursing "pin" at the graduation ceremony. We will attend that and then go to a late lunch at their home. 

I wish you a good day to enjoy however you wish.

NG

Hello nightengale,

I hope you slept well!

My sleep has been well these last nights. The occasional weird dream is still there, but less crazy than earlier. Night before last I woke up around 5, and couldn't get back to sleep again. The muscles in my left thigh were really painful. Last night no such issues thankfully.

Getting ready for a trip is half the fun ( or stress...). I hope you're all going to enjoy your mom's birthday.

Have a pleasant day today. Having a nurse in the family is always a good thing!

Enjoy the lunch afterward. Nothing crowded, just the close ones. Ideal.

This morning was chilly and sunny with no wind. So I took a short and lovely walk. Too long and I get hip pain. Never a dull moment, right?

Covid-19 numbers are going down, but it's still touch and go in the hospitals and ICU's.

Greetings!

TS

Good day TS, we have snow on the ground, the streets, and everywhere! It is lovely!! Can you tell I love snow?!? I do!

I don't have my snow tires on, yet, but my all weather tires do quite well.  (Hopefully!!)

My vehicle is also four wheel drive, so I can do this.  The reason I have not had the snow tires put on is because one tire always looses air in it for no good reason. There must be a small anomaly in the tire that causes this air leak.

I'm glad to hear you are sleeping well and the dreams are not so crazy. I've had a few, but not recently. 

The 5 o'clock wake up is not ever fun.  Are those muscle spasms you have in your left thigh?  That's good you didn't have any last night. 

Our soon to be daughter in law, soon to be RN, comes from a big family. Well not really big. she has one half sister, but her mother was married three times and gets along very well with her ex-husbands and their wives, so they all are invited.  I'm always impressed with them, as the men chat like old friends as do the women. 

Enjoy the walks and make them long enough to enjoy, but short enough to keep the pain away.  Life is never dull. 

That's great news the covid numbers are going down. Hopefully the hospitals and ICU's will settle into a more normal routine.

Take care,

NG

Can't sleep. Don't feel tired at all. Currently in tears. Don't know what I'm doing wrong.

Tempted to just jump because I'm miserable and scared as hell.

knightnightly, I am sorry you are going through this. Insomnia is most difficult. 

You are not doing anything wrong. In fact, as I look at your taper schedule, you are on the right track. 

I jumped from clonazepam at around 0.12 mg. How did it go? My sleep was a little worse for a time, but eventually it evened out.

I've had tearful nights, I've had nights when I thought I would never survive this ordeal, but here I am.

The things I do to help with sleep:

I do a self hypnosis or talk down once I am in bed and comfortable. 

I also use pressure points on my wrist, hands and neck. typically holding for a count of 30 each time

Then I go to deep breathing. 4, 4, and 4 works well.

I also read with a soft reading light attached to my book. Sometimes I start yawning and so I put the book down and typically go to sleep.

If not, I go back to deep breathing, talk down, pressure points.

What I noticed is when I don' t sleep, my mind races. I talk to myself and ask what I am there for *sleep* what am I doing? *thinking*

So I say to myself stop thinking and it works for a bit, sometimes I drop off to sleep, sometimes my mind goes back to thinking about anything and everything. I'll tell myself to stop thinking again and hope my brain listens.

You are on this journey, but you are not alone. We are a very large group of survivors in spite of the medications we were put on. 

Hang in there.

NG

Hi everyone,

Today is a day of celebration for me. It's been 6 months since I had my last tiny bit of Diazepam! Never looked back!

Things had already improved a lot at that time and have just kept getting better.

The extreme exhaustion, daily nausea, and terrifying chemical anxiety had already disappeared a year before. I started taking Paxil at that time and had held the Diazepam for 6 months. I believe both have played an important role in my healing process.

Because of all those improvements, I was able to exercise again, eat much better, and sleep so much better too.

At the moment I'm in the last month or two of tapering off the Paxil.

Does it mean I don't have any health issues left? No way. But I stopped trying to figure out what causes them. That's such a huge weight off my shoulders! I taught myself to accept things as they are. Stop worrying makes life so much lighter and easier to handle.

There were many times I absolutely "knew" things weren't going to get better again. I was wrong! They did.

I wish us all complete healing and a great life!

Hi NG, 

I hope you slept well last night.

Getting ready for the trip to celebrate your mom's birthday?

Wishing you a safe flight and a lovely time!

Stay strong and stay safe.

Trochsetter.

TS, what a great celebration post. You said it so very well. Life does keep getting better after benzos. 

With each milestone, you can celebrate life coming back. It just takes time.

I am home from my mother's birthday celebration. It gave us happy memories.

On another note, a terrible wind and rain storm came along and so a good portion of the middle to eastern part of the state was left without power.

My mother had no heat, electricity or water. At least her home was still standing after the  80-100 MPH winds and rain blew through.

We left her home and took her to a cousin's to stay, while we went to a motel in another town so we could catch our flights out the next day.

Last night the power was finally restored after being out for three days.

The sun is shining in Colorado, but was 7 degrees F. this morning. Winter is here.

NG

[a1...]