Sleep Quality Tracker started by Antibenzo7

[An...]

Hi Sage,

Sorry you're not getting as much sleep as you want but glad you're getting at least 3 or 4 hours a night. As you know, a couple nights ago, I had a zero-hour night but last night I got about 8 hours. The weird thing is, I am still tired as Hell. I have chronic fatigue syndrome. None the less, 8 hours is better than zero or even the usual 4 hours that I get. I have read from many people that sleep does return eventually but it's such a long wait. I hate those 0 to 3 hour nights.

Professional massages are expensive or, at least for me they are. But they (if done right) are SO *healing* and nurturing. My favorite thing I have ever gotten in the world is an amazing massage. I have had 2 really good ones in my life by people I wish I could afford to see regularly. Hopefully, you can get a good massage soon.

HM

Good morning all, I spent 30 minutes typing and the log on had expired, so all was lost.

Anyway, a shorter version.

HM speaking of massages, they do feel great and are so healing. It would be amazing to have a personal one!

TS, congratulations on your four month anniversary of being free of diazepam! That is worth celebrating. Look how far you have come. 

Sorry to hear you are having foot pain. Hopefully it is less and you are sleeping better. 

How is your eye doing? 

My sleep is not the best, but I'll take anything I can get.

Take care,

NG

Hi NG,

My sleep is not the best either. I got about 3.5 hours last night. Praise God, it wasn't a zero hour night but it wasn't much either.

I'm hoping for a better night tonight. At least I had my 8 hours the night before last, so I know it can be done:)

Have a great day!

HM

Hi NG,

My sleep is not the best either. I got about 3.5 hours last night. Praise God, it wasn't a zero hour night but it wasn't much either.

I'm hoping for a better night tonight. At least I had my 8 hours the night before last, so I know it can be done:)

Have a great day!

HM

Sorry sleep has been so unpredictable for you!  I hope you have a better night tonight!

Hello everybody,

Have an enjoyable Saturday!

Thank you NG for your kind words!

I am glad to see some of you have had good sleep.  That's great. Sorry for the ones with less good sleep. Trust it is going to get better!

My feet are less painful at times, but nowhere near as good as they were this summer. I did start taking short daily walks again. Bike rides are still nice, although the wind is getting stronger now that autumn is upon us.

My right eye is improving bit by bit, but not back to what it should be.

Had my annual bloodwork done for prostate and cholesterol. Prostate fine! Cholesterol a bit high. No surprise there because it's a well known side effect of Paxil.

I am holding my Paxil taper atm. It does seem to help to feel less painful and tired. Think I'll hold for another week or so. My aim still is to be off of Paxil at the end of this year.

Take care!

Trochsetter

Hello.

I am seeing people say massage helps, and wondering what type might be best?  I can't get out of the house, really, am in poor shape.  But perhaps can find someone who'd come to me.  I can look, anyhow.  Wondering what am I looking for, tho...?  Have never had a massage and guess I should get one before shuffling off the planet...

Thanks.

Hello BarbaraAve,

Sorry you're in poor shape. Hope you'll get better soon!

I've had several massages in the past. Not right now, but am thinking about making an appointment  next week or so.

My massage was an overall muscle relaxing one. She looked for triggerpoints in spots like back, shoulders,  back of neck, etcetera.

I took the extended massage which lasted some 50 minutes. Sheer heaven!  Most of the time I had a series of 4 or 5, once a week.

Not sure if massage therapists do housecalls. They have to bring their table etcetera. But it's worth a try!

All the best!

Trochsetter

Hello guys,

I had about a one hour night last night. Sigh...

I had an 8 hour night a few nights ago. The night before last was 3.5 hours but last night I was wide awake until 4am when I finally slept for about an hour then woke up and stayed awake.

Please pray for me that there are many more 8 hour (or at least 4 to 5+ hour) nights coming for me.

Thank you!

HM

Hello guys,

I had an 8 hour night a few nights ago. The night before last was 3.5 hours but last night I was wide awake until 4am when I finally slept for about an hour then woke up and stayed awake.

Please pray for me that there are many more 8 hour (or at least 4 to 5+ hour) nights coming for me.

Thank you!

HM

So rough, HM!  I'm so sorry.  It's so hard to get through the day after a night like that.  I just said a prayer for you. 

Hello guys,

Thank you!

HM

Sorry to hear HM. My sleep is also erratic like this. I will get in a good 6-8 hours of sleep periodically and it is like my stupid brain then resets and I go back to getting the 2-4 hours. It (The sleep inconsistency) can be maddening. Ugh---hang in there.

I got another 8 last night:) It's so non-linear because I got 2 hours the night before. I go from 8 to zero just like 'that'. It's really hard but at least i slept last night. Let's hope soon that we all sleep all night every night.

Have a great day!

HM

I got another 8 last night:) It's so non-linear because I got 2 hours the night before. I go from 8 to zero just like 'that'. It's really hard but at least i slept last night. Let's hope soon that we all sleep all night every night.

Have a great day!

HM

Me too!  I hope you get another 8 tonight!

Hi all, hope everyone is sleeping better or at least some.  Fall is upon us and so it goes.

Last night I slept a good seven hours.  This all started when I took Costco over the counter sleep aid which is:Doxylamine succinate 25 mgs for three nights in a row. On the third night, I could not urinate and had this strange sensation/feeling over my body, including my chest, hands, arms, abdomen. I drank a lot of water and have not taken anymore of the sleeping aids.

The first night out, I didn't sleep much, but last night slept seven hours, only getting up once for the bathroom.

I did eat half a banana before bed, as that  helped with the urination issue and the strange body sensation.  Not sure if the banana had anything to do with the lovely sleep.

The sun is shining here which is always nice. 

Hang in there everyone. Though this battle is yours alone, but we are all in this together.

NG

Hi everyone,

Glad to see some of you have (had) great sleep!  Eight hours is really wonderful!  Keep up the good work.

NG,  again a trial that ended after some initial success. Even over the counter stuff isn't always innocent! Which you found out! Glad your body is back to normal now. Seven hours of sound sleep is formidable!  Congratulations! 

In the long run normal sleep has to return on its own.

My sleep is some 6 or 7 hours most nights.so that's good. Lately I 've had a few nights where I was woken around 6 am by pain in my left upper leg and hip. After getting up for a short while things usually improve so I can even get back to sleep again. Could be Fibromyalgia because of colder and wetter weather.

Feet more painful again.

My eye issues are still there. Stopped taking the meds which didn't make things worse. My pupil is back to normal,  but sight  still produces a misty,  foggy view of the world.  Still lots of floaters too. Another visit planned for next Friday.

Hope you're all going to have a glorieus weekend!

Sleep well!

TS.

( down to 7 mgs of Paxil this week. Tapering getting  a bit harder to do).

Hi TS,

Indeed even the over the counter stuff has its dark side.  My brain/ body are doing quite well at the moment, thanks. Today, my 2nd knee replacement is scheduled for January 7th.  I would rather not go through the surgery, but the end result really is worth it.  At least I know what to expect this time around. 

The seven hours of sleep that you typically get is wonderful. Sorry about the pain in your upper leg and hip.  Thankfully you can go back to sleep again after getting  up for a bit.  Fibromyalgia might indeed be the culprit with fall and wet weather making a come back. 

The lingering eye issue is a concern, but glad the pupil is back to normal. The foggy, misty view of the world sounds concerning. Hopefully another visit with the eye doctor brings some answers for you. I've had floaters over the years, but they are mostly not visible to me, now.  Does your doctor think yours will eventually go away?

Have a great weekend!

NG

Hey guys,

I have had 3 crappy nights in a row. A 1.5 hour night followed by two 3.5 hour nights. Right before that, I had an 8 followed by a 7. I hope tonight is a good night.

Take Care everyone,

HM

Hi all,

HM I could be writing your posts with the way your sleep is. Mine is so very similar.  At least we are not alone.

Three nights ago I slept 7 plus hours. The next night it was zero or close to it.

Last night Maybe two hours. Good grief.

My take on not sleeping is I start thinking about everything. Good stuff, bad stuff and everything in-between.

I try to tell myself to stop thinking and put everything aside, but in a minute or so, I am back at thinking.

At least I believe I understand what is keeping me awake. The why I am not so sure of.

Antibenzo, congratulations on the good sleep! I wish you many more of those good nights.

Thanks for the good wishes for the 2nd knee replacement!

NG

NG,

I understand the irregular sleep.

My sleep last night was 5 or 6 hours. I never know what I am going to get. Every time I get a 7 or 8 hour night I hope I am cured. When I first started my taper, I thought 5 hours was suffering and now I am grateful for it.

It's all perspective.

Have a great day,

HM

NG,

My sleep last night was 5 or 6 hours. I never know what I am going to get. Every time I get a 7 or 8 hour night I hope I am cured. When I first started my taper, I thought 5 hours was suffering and now I am grateful for it.

It's all perspective.

Have a great day,

HM

Five hours IS suffering.  It's just you didn't know how truly awful it could get.  I'm grateful for 5 as well.  So much better than 2 or less.

[8e...]

NG,

It's all perspective.

Have a great day,

HM

Five hours IS suffering.  It's just you didn't know how truly awful it could get.  I'm grateful for 5 as well.  So much better than 2 or less.

I remember before the drug trip to hell, 5hr for me would be a sleepless night. When I started healing, when I got to 5hr unaided, no supplements, no AD's, just a natural 5hr stint, I can honestly say it was the happiest day of my life.

[ff...]