Sleep Quality Tracker started by Antibenzo7

[An...]

Good day, TS,

Thank you for sharing which magnesium you took. I will get some this week along with the L-theanine.

I may try the magnesium first and then add the L-theanine a night or two later, to see what happens.

Ten days from now will be here before you know it! I am getting excited.  It really is a milestone!

The internet did make us wiser. If the doctors had studied the drug manufacturer's handouts, they would have know what a mistake it was to prescribe these drugs to innocent patients.  At least they have learned, at our expense.

We discussed my "roots" a long time ago so I didn't expect you to remember.  Yes, the Scandinavians really are all close enough when it comes to languages!  I know many people speak English, but it would be nice to know another language. 

The weather there sounded perfect! The bike ride sounded like a great way to enjoy the day.

My Sunday was pleasant.

NG

Hi guys I am quite busy and my arms hurt to write but I'm reading you. Give my kind regards to Mr. Toad in the garden. About five hours last night. Let's see today, it's bedtime here. Nightingale I hope you find a remedy to help 🙏

Hello everybody,

Hope you slept well!

Val,  that's wonderful! 5 hours of sleep, wow! Really pleased for you.

Sorry you're still having pain. Hope it stops.

Nightengale,

How was your day? Not too much heat, I hope.

I got my second vaccin shot yesterday. Let's wait wether any reactions occur. 

Covid-19 numbers have plummeted dramatically these last 3 weeks! Things are looking very promising.

Today and tomorrow I 'm having all the brickwork of the house pressure cleaned by a specialized company. It's going to look like brand new again. It does make a lot of noise though.

It's foggy atm but is going to be a sunny day again.

Stay safe!

TS

Last night I slept around five hours.  Perhaps it was from laughing watching a funny TV show. I wish I could laugh more often. 

The raccoon paid another visit last night. Same window, as it is trying to get at a bird house with baby birds inside.  I wasn't stressed, as I knew it could not reach the bird house and it was an animal, not a human outside my window. 

TS, I hope you didn't have a noticeable reaction to your second covid shot or if you did, things are getting better. 

The covid numbers are going down here, too! Let's hope it stays that way.  When I went to the dog groomers, yesterday, the owner did not have a mask on. I asked if I could remove mine and she said sure! It was a nice feeling.

The pressure cleaned brick work sounds nice. I bet the house looks great!

It is sunny and heading towards 90F here.

NG

I slept 3 times last night for a total of maybe 2 or 2.5 hours. I am early in recovery and grateful for every minute I get. A couple nights ago, I got zero sleep. Insomnia is my biggest WD symptom followed by anxiety. Like I said, I wake up from my little bursts of sleep and realize I dreamed and think YES!, I slept. My brain can still do it. I tend to sleep 0 to 3 hours lately and it is mostly between 2 and 6am even though I 'go to bed' at 9pm because i am so tired. I keep reading that time will heal. I sure hope so. I am only 5 weeks into my taper and I had insomnia (not like this!) pre-Xanax so that's all the more reason for it to rear it's ugly head.

Anyway, congratulations on your sleep, if you got some, and have an amazing day.

HM

Hello nightengale,

That's amazing! 5 hours is a really good sleep! 

Yes, we should laugh more, but often there isn't much to laugh about ! Glad you had a good laugh! 

So Rocky Raccoon was back for another peep through your window. Nice. ( or not, of course).

So far I  didn't have any reactions to the Corona jab. Let's hope it stays that way!

The house looks simply great. Money well spent!

We' re having lovely weather,  sunny, not much wind and some 25 degrees Celsius. We don’t do Fahrenheit. (77 F )

Took a walk this morning ( went so so) and a bike ride this afternoon. Went very well! Visited an old aunt in a nursing home. She's 96 but still goes for a 30 minute walk twice a day!  And her head is perfect! Just one major issue: she's really deaf. But she can understand every word I say. Having been a teacher probably helps with that.

Have a nice day and hopefully a good sleep!

Hi HM,

Congrats on your sleep. Never mind it's just a few hours, as you say: you're stiil able to sleep. That's a wonderful and promising sign!

Trust that it's going to get better!

You have a nice day too!

Take care!

TS

Nightengale it's amazing that you got a five hour night! I'll be praying for more nights like that one. I've always been fascinated by Scandinavian countries as well, and I'd love to learn Norwegian. However I think is tougher there than we can imagine.

Trotschetter I'm so glad you're fully vaccinated.

HM, I'm happy you got a few hours. Wishing more hours of sleep come to you.

Hi everyone. I got five hours so I won't complain given the average sleeping hours in this group. Back in summer 2019 I went three months straight with between 0 and 1 hour every night. I was in terror 24/7 and it was agony. That's where my taper went wrong and caused all this glutamate damage which I think is the cause of never stabilizing since then and making my taper so complicate. No idea if I'll ever get there. Anyway, today I did an MRI of breasts and I didn't have much anxiety in spite of the lower back pain having to lay on my belly with my spinal stenosis. I definitely had a window all morning. I hope you wake up to a great day and that you had some decent sleep.

I'm posting a picture of the Northern Lights to inspire us, as we all seem to be attracted or connected to Scandinavia in some way.

How-to-See-the-Northern-Lights-in-Iceland-scaled.jpg

He Val,

That's wonderful news!  Congrats!

Glad you had a window. Hopefully the first of many more to come.

Thanks for that beautiful photo!  The Northern Light can be seen in the Netherlands as well but just once or twice a year, mostly in October. And rarely this wonderful.

My sleep was some 5 hours of tossing and turning. Don't know why. Possibly the warmth or because of my second Corona shot.

Saw an osteopath this afternoon for my backpain. Wait and see wether it helps

Have a pleasant day,  Val!

Trochsetter

Good day all, first of all, I slept for six or more hours.  Things are looking up!

Val, it is great to see you here and know that you slept better. Five hours is good! We know the horrors of not sleeping.

I hope your MRI went well. The low back pain sounds quite awful.

I'm due for a mammogram beings I didn't have one during the covid lock down last year.

Sometimes I get dizzy from the "smashing pain," so I was happy to skip a year.  Once upon a time, when I was young, I had almost no boobs, when I really wanted them, and now that I'm older and have boobs, I wish I they were small, again. good grief..

The northern lights are beautiful that you shared, as is the whole scene! I've seen them once, but not when we visited Scandinavia. One night many years ago, I saw the lights from my back yard. It was late in the evening and the news said we could possibly see them and I did.  I loved visiting my "homeland" and want to go back again one day.  I still have relatives in Norway, but not Sweden that I am aware of. 

Hang in there Val!

TS, Rocky did not make an appearance again last night, which is another reason I slept so well.

That's a real plus you didn't have a reaction to the 2nd corona shot. Hopefully we can all start getting back to normal, again. 

Your 96 year old aunt sounds amazing! Her 2 times a day 30 minute walks are impressive. No wonder her head is perfect. She's an inspiration!

The deafness is common as we age. My mother is also quite deaf, but can hear lower voices quite well. I'm happy your dear aunt can hear every word you say. Yes, no doubt being a teacher helped! 

Have a great day,

NG

Hi nightengale,

What a lovely and uplifting post again.

Congratulations on your wonderful sleep! So much deserved! :thumbsup:

I had to laugh ( good thing my mouth was empty  ;D), reading your comments about the " boob smashing " and the facts about hardly any then and large ones now. I remember my mom complaining about the mammograms. She said the brutal squeezing alone could give a woman breastcancer...

No Rocky last night. Great for sleep! Hopefully he'll stay away forever.

Last night my sleep wasn't what it normally is. Lots of "t and t". Maybe courtesy of the vaccin.

I have 2 uncles and 5 aunts left: the youngster are 80, 86 and 87. The older ones: 93, 95, 96 , and 98. Only one lives in a nursing home,  the others still take care of themselfes, some with the help of children.

Saw the osteopath today: did a lot of bending, probing etcetera. Hope it helps to ease the pain.

Enjoy your day!  8)

Trochsetter

PS: tonight I 'm down to 0,2 mg!

last night, I got about 4.5 hours of sleep which is good for me :) I'll take it. I just got up so I am tired but I am grateful. Gives me hope my brain will heal.

Hi HM,

That's just wonderful!  :smitten::thumbsup:

Try to keep that lovely sleep in mind all day long!

You will heal! It's getting better, perhaps not day by day, but certainly in the long run!

Have a marvelous day!  8)👋

TS

Hi everyone,

I really hope you all had a better sleep last night! You all deserve it!

Mine was a 7 or perhaps even a 8. After not sleeping very well the night before,  last night was good! I slept 6 hours straight. Then the call of nature woke me up. After the bathroom visit I went straight back to sleep for another 2 hours. Wow!

Have a nice day everyone!

TS

Another hopeful night for me. Probably a 4 or 5. I am grateful that my brain still knows how to fall asleep. I'd love more but I'll take what I can get. I am only 5.5 weeks into my taper so I have a long ways to go with insomnia being my biggest symptom.

HM

Hi HM,

That's quite a decent sleep.  I'm really happy for you! Let's hope it'll improve over time.

Remember,  every single day brings you one day closer to the end of the taper.

"Time and patience are our strongest weapons." -  ( Leo Tolstoj )

Enjoy your day!  :thumbsup:

TS

Troch,

I try to remember that; every day brings us one day closer to being done. I just read on another thread where someone said they felt better as they were cutting and getting closer. I hope that's me! I'm only 5.5 weeks into my taper and have a ways to go. I'd love to feel better and better on the journey.

Have an amazing day and thank you for the encouraging words.

HM

About five hours last night so I won't complain, right?

Nightengale I'm impressed at your six hours!! Wooohoooo you're becoming a sleeping champion! Try not to overdo it now  :laugh: I used to get so anxious in MRIs and now I'm so tired I almost fall asleep in them but not this one because lying upside down kills my back. I hope you get your mammogram soon and that it comes back uneventful. I wish I could travel to see the Northern Lights but I have to be realistic and my health issues are now quite numerous and incapacitating so I'll have to  just look at the pictures. Amazing that you saw them from your back yard. Present my respects to Rocky if you see him tonight. Or could it be a she?

HearMost I also hope you get better and better. 5.5 nights sleep is pretty good all things considered! In this group that's considered priviledged even  ::).

Trochsetter I hope the osteopath helps your back pain. Keep us posted. I have spent a fortune on those so now I just go to my insurance PT period.

VMN,

Thank you for the words of inspiration! I am 'working' on it! I am glad for this thread. It's good to know I am not alone with my sleep issues.

HM

Good day all, it has cooled off here a bit, which was nice.  Ninety degree temps in June is a bit much.

TS, you did amazingly well on the amount of sleep you got! Keep it up! Congratulations to being down to 0.2 mgs!!  Look how far you have come!!

Your mother was right on target when she commented on the brutal process of mammograms causing breast cancer. It's a thought!!

The ages of your aunts and uncles, and the fact that all but one lives in their own homes, is amazing!  You have a lot of impressive genes in your family.

Val, Congratulations on getting five hours of sleep last night!

I made sure not to over do the sleep by cutting back last night.  What I did feel good about, was that I was able to sleep fairly well for two nights in a row, which has not happened in some time. 

Rocky could indeed be a she, but if size is an indicator, I think it is a he. When this guy stood on his hind legs, he could almost see into our enclosed patio!

Today I was able to take an hour nap. Except for a good night's sleep, there is nothing better.

Have a good weekend, everyone!

NG

Hi everybody,

Hope you all slept a bit better.

My sleep is changing again, probably due to the warm weather we're having right now. Another reason is most likely reaching the end of my taper. I do sleep some 5 or 6 hours, but not deep.

Nightengale,

Tonight is the end of my taper! After 2,5 years this journey comes to an end! Yey! 🇭🇺🌈🌞😎

Thank you for all your wonderful support and words of wisdom!  I'm so glad we "met". You really are a rock!  ❣❣❣

I hope to be cheering you all on, on your way to better sleep!  😴😴😴

Have a pleasant day! 👋

Trochsetter

Troch,

Congratulations on reaching the end of your taper! I hope you feel amazing :) I look forward to getting 5 or 6 hours of sleep. I have a ways to go. Congrats again and thanks for sticking around for the rest of us.

HM

Hello HM,

Thank you for your kind words!  :smitten:

I wish you a speedy return of nights of long deep sleep!  😴😴😴😴😴

Trochsetter

Hi everybody,

Hope you all slept a bit better.

My sleep is changing again, probably due to the warm weather we're having right now. Another reason is most likely reaching the end of my taper. I do sleep some 5 or 6 hours, but not deep.

Nightengale,

Tonight is the end of my taper! After 2,5 years this journey comes to an end! Yey! 🇭🇺🌈🌞😎

Thank you for all your wonderful support and words of wisdom!  I'm so glad we "met". You really are a rock!  ❣❣❣

I hope to be cheering you all on, on your way to better sleep!  😴😴😴

Have a pleasant day! 👋

Trochsetter

Congratulations troch! Well done xx 💋

[0e...]