Sleep Quality Tracker started by Antibenzo7

[An...]

So the acute in the second wd wasn’t as extreme as the first. The first time it was like grip the bed and hold on for dear life. The second time it was much more subtle. It was bad, but not as extreme. I really can’t put a time frame on it. It was mostly marked by severe intrusive thoughts, anxiety, and panic. Those are pretty much gone, so I’m guessing I’m out of acute.. Now I’m left with extreme fatigue, really bad sleep, tinnitus, poor cognitive ability, etc. Yea, that job didn’t work out. It’s a shame.

1 maybe 2 hours of sleep. meh

valiumnomore, I use prayer a lot, but my insomnia hangs on.

My husband has Alzheimer's, but when I was in the hospital, he did remember to bring my clonazepam. He has not driven since 2013, so my daughter was the one who took me to the ER. She was perturbed because she thought I had taken an Ambien that I had CT six months before the transient global amnesia incident.

My PCP sent me a medical journal write up after I returned home from the hospital and went to see him. He said I did not have Ambien amnesia. The ER doctor really didn't know, except he went by what my daughter said, that she found an empty Ambien pill bottle in my nightstand.  I honestly didn't know it was there.  It is difficult when we mostly have ourselves to rely on. Except for my BB friends, I am walking this benzo journey by myself.

1 maybe 2 hours of sleep. meh

valiumnomore, I use prayer a lot, but my insomnia hangs on.

My husband has Alzheimer's, but when I was in the hospital, he did remember to bring my clonazepam. He has not driven since 2013, so my daughter was the one who took me to the ER. She was perturbed because she thought I had taken an Ambien that I had CT six months before the transient global amnesia incident.

My PCP sent me a medical journal write up after I returned home from the hospital and went to see him. He said I did not have Ambien amnesia. The ER doctor really didn't know, except he went by what my daughter said, that she found an empty Ambien pill bottle in my nightstand.  I honestly didn't know it was there.  It is difficult when we mostly have ourselves to rely on. Except for my BB friends, I am walking this benzo journey by myself.

Nightengale I hope your daughter can help in an emergency sometimes? Let's see if tonight you get a bit more sleep. I'm going on  a trip tomorrow so really praying for sleep. As you're out of benzos maybe some OTC stuff could help, though I guess you've tried it all.

So the acute in the second wd wasn’t as extreme as the first. The first time it was like grip the bed and hold on for dear life. The second time it was much more subtle. It was bad, but not as extreme. I really can’t put a time frame on it. It was mostly marked by severe intrusive thoughts, anxiety, and panic. Those are pretty much gone, so I’m guessing I’m out of acute.. Now I’m left with extreme fatigue, really bad sleep, tinnitus, poor cognitive ability, etc. Yea, that job didn’t work out. It’s a shame.

DBM I'm glad the terror and anxiety are gone. Those are the worst. I'm still there and I'm not even off this crap yet. I went into acute without even being off the drug, and had to updose. I hate the situation but it is what it is. Let's hope for some sleep tonight, we can get another 5 hours tonight, let's believe in that.

Valiumnomore,

I went into acute too while on the full dose with interdose withdrawals, so there was no point in a slow taper since I was screwed already, so I can relate!

Got 8 hrs of broken super light rem sleep with vivid nightmares, feels like no sleep. Like the whole night I'm on the cusp of awake and light dreams. Ugh.

DBM I'm glad the terror and anxiety are gone. Those are the worst. I'm still there and I'm not even off this crap yet. I went into acute without even being off the drug, and had to updose. I hate the situation but it is what it is. Let's hope for some sleep tonight, we can get another 5 hours tonight, let's believe in that.

We will make it. Hoping we get plenty good hours!

My sleep was awful last night (maybe a 2 on the sleep scale). Maybe 3 hours of broken sleep was all I got.  I am hoping tonight will be a lot better. Hang in there everyone.

For the last two nights I cannot go to sleep. I find this so unnerving and have no idea why.

Anyway, I slept maybe 3 hours.

I had a really hard time too for some reason nightengale. Hang in there. Not being able to sleep is one of the worst things imaginable. Sleep is sometimes my only escape from this hellish nightmare. :-(

antibenzo7 not sleeping really is a hellish nightmare. You said it perfectly.

I wish there was some way to reason this out, but I've tried with no clear cut answers.

3am wake up with sweats. The absolute worst. Now extreme fatigue and ill feeling. Have to work all day like this. Really getting tired of it.

Last night I got about 4.5 hours of broken sleep.

I can relate to feeling a bit hopeless, DBM... We’ve just gotta push through no matter what. What else can we do? And a ton of people that do heal say that they felt utterly hopeless at points during the healing process.

8 hrs broken, one vivid nightmare after another, wake up screaming

Ptsd did you taper very fast?

I'm not reporting because I'm getting 5 hours thanks to trazodone, gabapentin and that the updose could be finally working who knows. I feel I don't belong to this group because you're all off the benzo and toughing it out. A month ago I was sleeping two hours and sometimes less though.

Valiumnomore,

lol I almost typed "vividnightmare" just now instead of your actual name. You can see how much this quality of sleep affects me. Got same amount last night with crazy ass Long vivid nightmares. I can write a sci fI novel pretty much now.

Yeah I did a super rapid taper. I was on for about 2 weeks straight, then off in another 2 weeks. Jumped at about 0.25mg Ativan. Thrown into the pits of hell. I used trazadone initially to help with sleep, and it did to some degree, but I was waking up every hour soaked in sweat, and couldn't sleep past 3am.

What medicine did you updose recently? Keep in mind I'm still on mirtazapine, which has always bene heloing with my sleep, I preferred it over trazadone.

Valiumnomore,

lol I almost typed "vividnightmare" just now instead of your actual name. You can see how much this quality of sleep affects me. Got same amount last night with crazy ass Long vivid nightmares. I can write a sci fI novel pretty much now.

Yeah I did a super rapid taper. I was on for about 2 weeks straight, then off in another 2 weeks. Jumped at about 0.25mg Ativan. Thrown into the pits of hell. I used trazadone initially to help with sleep, and it did to some degree, but I was waking up every hour soaked in sweat, and couldn't sleep past 3am.

What medicine did you updose recently? Keep in mind I'm still on mirtazapine, which has always bene heloing with my sleep, I preferred it over trazadone.

Miracle I'm sorry you're having such a hard time. Look it up in my signature, it's all there I think. Got down to 1mg Valium, crashed into acute wd, incapacitated, updosed to 1.40, didn't work, took Ativan, zolpidem, was going crazy. Three weeks later updose to 2.50 that was on July 10th. Still didn't work. Holding at 2.50 and slowly very slowly improving. Psych Dr added gabapentin and trazodone. I didn't want it but was desperate to become functional and finally took it. I don't regret it. My daughter needs a mom, not a lunatic.

Valiumnomore,

That's pretty amazing you're functioning as a mom through all of this! I couldn't take care of myself since taper. I see now your meds history , didn't look more carefully at your sig before. I think going at the pace that your body's comfortable with is the most important and that seems exactly what you're doing, AND you're functioning and not a lunatic so you should be proud!  Hope our sleep will improve. It's a long ass marathon that's for sure.

[1e...]