Sleep Quality Tracker started by Antibenzo7

[An...]

531290dog, I am sorry you did not sleep at all. It leads us to a lot of stress, at least for me it does. 

We somehow survive, so hang in there.

I am not doing so well myself, but I know that some sleep is better than none.

I was a 5 last night. Slept semi-ok IMO but still feel like total crap this morning.

Sorry 531290dog...hope things improve for you soon and me too.

3.5 which is better than 1. I forgot what it feels like to wake up feeling rested. It all went away while I was still on benzos and has not yet returned since I've been off because insomnia is still an issue.

Is insomnia the only issue now nightengale at 18 months off?

I was a 5 last night but still feel like crap this morning. Ugh!

Antibenzo, nah..it's not the only issue, but the one that seems to take me down the most. I also have muscle spasms in my right leg-knee/calf. Sometimes it is in my left leg, but not enough to really bother me. This all happens at night, though I do get RLS in the evenings while watching TV.  When I do wake up in the night, my brain starts racing/looping thoughts. I can calm it down if I read awhile, but then it comes right back.

Antibenzo, I am slowly getting better. My anxiety when I first began  my taper and initially getting off, was horribly high. I could barely walk through Lowes with my husband because of something the lights did with my vision. Kind of similar to having someone shining bright lights in my eyes while in the dark for lack of a better description. We stopped going out to eat because the noise and people stressed me out too much.  The crawly things under my skin are gone. I still have tinnitus, but mostly ignore it.  If I could rate my symptoms minus the insomnia,muscle spasms, and lack of energy, I would give them 3-4 out of 10 with 10 being the worst. When my sleep goes above 4 hours, I start feeling/thinking normal again. When it is a 6, I actually get bright ideas to clean the basement or doing a Marie Kondo on my closets and drawers.  :thumbsup: Actually a few months ago, I did take all of the clothes out of my closet and got rid of stuff. Though the bags are still in my garage, so I'm not there, yet.

Hang in there

5 - sleep was decent last night and anxiety and chest pressure are a little better than yesterday. I will take any reductions in these awful sx's I can get, no matter how small.

SaraSue, congratulations for finally getting off of benzos.

This is such a major accomplishment!  You did it!

Now to the reality of "once we are done." Life goes on and we do suffer. We feel like we are dying and suffering beyond belief. I've been there since before I started my taper, then during my taper and finally when I finished my taper. I was so naive believing that if I did everything "right" I would heal/recover in a fair amount of time, but it did not work that way. What kept me going was reading success stories on how people have healed. It helped ever so much when I was down and out in despair. I also made a few friends on here, who listened, shared and struggled along with me.

Please know that you will heal.  There is no timeline, just time and hope. It's not one person's story, it belongs to many. 

Hang in there.

Nancy

Nancy, has I known the pain and horror of getting off benzos, I may have not done it.  I read Success stories often and have made some bb friends.  Time and hope ... I am healing (slowly).

Congratulations to you getting off benzos.

SaraSue

SaraSue, congratulations for finally getting off of benzos.

This is such a major accomplishment!  You did it!

Now to the reality of "once we are done." Life goes on and we do suffer. We feel like we are dying and suffering beyond belief. I've been there since before I started my taper, then during my taper and finally when I finished my taper. I was so naive believing that if I did everything "right" I would heal/recover in a fair amount of time, but it did not work that way. What kept me going was reading success stories on how people have healed. It helped ever so much when I was down and out in despair. I also made a few friends on here, who listened, shared and struggled along with me.

Please know that you will heal.  There is no timeline, just time and hope. It's not one person's story, it belongs to many. 

Hang in there.

Nancy

You are so right. Many of us do feel like we are literally dying. I mean you feel that damn bad. It is really hard for anyone who is not going through this to understand so I mostly just suffer in silence and use sites like BB to vent and talk to others who truly do understand bc they are going through the same thing and experiencing many of the same bizarre sx's that you are.

I am still very much uncertain about my future and long-term prognosis.

[a5...]