Sleep Quality Tracker started by Antibenzo7

[An...]

I was also about a 5 last night Lilac. I woke up about 4 times but was able to go back to sleep. Good morning everyone.

AntiBenzo, since my taper and recovery, maybe once or twice.

IC....you said in your signature>>>

Sleep was slowly returning but now I'm back in a wave

How were you sleeping then when it was slowly returning? Were you put on these drugs for sleep? I was actually sleeping ok prior to the drugs. I was put on them for panic and anxiety after physical things were ruled out for my chest discomfort.

goodmorning antibenzo, I am glad your chest discomfort was not physical. Was it from anxiety?  Has the chest discomfort gone away?

I see in your signature you have been on the drugs long term, also. Not sure if this makes much difference, as many people who were on a year or less have many withdrawal and recovery issues as well. How's your taper coming along?

In spite of my lack of sleep, I still am glad to be drug free and will never go back on them. When I went to my pcp after finishing my taper, he wanted to prescribe an anti-anxiety medication (non benzo,) which I said no thanks to. It would have been another issue down the road I would have needed to taper off of.

After this long of so very little sleep, I find I function okay on 4+ hours of sleep a night. When the rare night of 6+ hours happens, I wake up with a terrible headache and really feel no better energy wish, though my head is thinking what all I might get done that day.

I suffer a lot when I get 2-3 hours of sleep. Last night I think I slept around 4 hours, so I feel okay today.

There was an obvious reason for my lack of sleep before I was prescribed benzos, which no longer exists. Perhaps it is now a habit that will never resolve itself.

Yes, they say my chest discomfort is from my anxiety disorder and no, it has not gone away. I am still struggling with this sx. My taper is almost complete I think. I am on about 1.5 mgs of V but I have felt horrible the entire time. I also wish I could sleep more and that the quality of my sleep was better.

Antibenzos, I never felt human during my taper. It was one of those put one foot in front of the other to get through each day. My entire focus was how horrible I felt, as it engulfed my mind. Even though sleep is still quite elusive, I don't feel as bad as I did during my taper and initial completed withdrawal. Each day brings on a new and better feeling. It's not obvious, but quite subtle.  In all honesty, I believe if I slept well constantly, I would feel quite amazing. The tinnitus I can ignore most of the time, the dizziness is manageable, the muscle jerks at night definitely interfere with my sleep, so I can't ignore those. I've been having irregular heartbeats lately. Not sure why, as they were at their worst when I was on the drugs. The cardiologist and PCP never mentioned it could be from the benzos. I just figured that out when I found this site and started reading posts.

7 ... after months of 0-1 and months at 2-6, I consider 7 hours of broken sleep good at a 7 this 5th month since CT.

[8b...]