The Best is Yet to Come

[pr...]

Greetings Benzo Buddies,

It has been quite a while since I've been on this.  For almost one year and a half I was on this site nearly every day.  Coming off klonopin nearly killed me physically, yet it basically killed me emotionally and psychologically.  I don't believe that anyone can truly appreciate just how horrific coming off benzos can be.  For one year and a half I had to find the will to live nearly every day.  There was even one occasion where I prayed in earnest to God to kill me.  I was nearly suicidal from coming off this.  All my hope and eagerness to live pretty much died.  I fought ferociously against the demon of benzo withdrawal.  And I'm here to state that I won the struggle. 

In order to win I had to make significant lifestyle changes.  For one year I gave up coffee (but now I'm back to drinking copious amounts of it daily.)  I had to clean up my diet.  I still try to avoid gluten and sugar as much as possible.  I needed to exercise, which I now do 3-5x per week.  I learned to meditate.  I learned to be kind to myself and love myself unconditionally.  I learned that acceptance of the moment is the entry to peace.  I should note that taking blood pressure medication (Prazosin) was the game changer.  Overnight my panic dissipated and I was able to begin the real work of making lifestyle changes.

I can't believe how many miracles have happened in my life in the years since.  I could give you a laundry list, but I don't want to come across as boastful.  Trust me, my life is awesome!

Do not give up.  Only God knows why the burden we have to bear, but you have to fight.  Fight like your life depends on it.  Experiment.  Try.  Be bold.  I know that it can be hard to believe, but one day you will no longer be crippled by the experience.  In fact, I hardly even ruminate or think or remember the hell and torment that I went through.  It is in the past and I'm thankful that I was given the second opportunity at living life.  Life is good.  So good and wonderful.  And amazing.  And such a blessing!

Fight like hell.  And don't give up.  Your best days are yet to come.  You will heal and move past this experience.  Sending all of you in pain positive vibes your way.

Thanks for the words of encouragement and congratulations on your healing. Roughly how long did it take you to get better?

I'm dealing with lots of anger for no reason. Just always feeling this intense anger inside, especially toward loved ones. I'm worried about it and concerned. Did you ever experience this?

Love reading success stories!  There is light at the end of the tunnel. Thank you for sharing and so glad to hear that you are enjoying life ! :)  :thumbsup:

Hi prince! Thank you for sharing your story. I saw on your posts that you commented starting Remeron. Did you try it?

Happy for you! Thanks for lending your hope for the day. Hope is all we have in this nitemare. Good luck the rest of ur life and have fun!

Greetings Benzo Buddies,

It has been quite a while since I've been on this.  For almost one year and a half I was on this site nearly every day.  Coming off klonopin nearly killed me physically, yet it basically killed me emotionally and psychologically.  I don't believe that anyone can truly appreciate just how horrific coming off benzos can be.  For one year and a half I had to find the will to live nearly every day.  There was even one occasion where I prayed in earnest to God to kill me.  I was nearly suicidal from coming off this.  All my hope and eagerness to live pretty much died.  I fought ferociously against the demon of benzo withdrawal.  And I'm here to state that I won the struggle. 

In order to win I had to make significant lifestyle changes.  For one year I gave up coffee (but now I'm back to drinking copious amounts of it daily.)  I had to clean up my diet.  I still try to avoid gluten and sugar as much as possible.  I needed to exercise, which I now do 3-5x per week.  I learned to meditate.  I learned to be kind to myself and love myself unconditionally.  I learned that acceptance of the moment is the entry to peace.  I should note that taking blood pressure medication (Prazosin) was the game changer.  Overnight my panic dissipated and I was able to begin the real work of making lifestyle changes.

I can't believe how many miracles have happened in my life in the years since.  I could give you a laundry list, but I don't want to come across as boastful.  Trust me, my life is awesome!

Do not give up.  Only God knows why the burden we have to bear, but you have to fight.  Fight like your life depends on it.  Experiment.  Try.  Be bold.  I know that it can be hard to believe, but one day you will no longer be crippled by the experience.  In fact, I hardly even ruminate or think or remember the hell and torment that I went through.  It is in the past and I'm thankful that I was given the second opportunity at living life.  Life is good.  So good and wonderful.  And amazing.  And such a blessing!

Fight like hell.  And don't give up.  Your best days are yet to come.  You will heal and move past this experience.  Sending all of you in pain positive vibes your way.

LOVE your story and the way you layed it out!!! It REALLY hit home with me!!!

So dam happy for you!! Your a true WARRIOR!!

Your words ring TRUE......."Fight like hell. And dont give up. Your best days are yet to come."

AMEN!!! Couldnt of said it better myself!!

Enjoy your NEW life!! You deserve it!