Been better if you got advice please share

[Fk...]

I have been off Xanax 2-6mgs for 8 years for 28 painful days o went to detox/rehab for the first 15 days and feel like it is only getting worse I’m 32 and feel hopeless I got back and neck tremors with my feet feeling like there on fire went to the doctor told her my story and she put me on Zoloft and trazodone with I’m not crazy about either I sleep maybe 5 hours a night and have lost my appetite the other day went to the er and thought I was dying they gave me a elf and a blood test and everything came out good. If anybody has some advice or just a few words to give me some feedback it’s much appreciated

Oh dear, Don't worry you will make it through it. Do you think your doctor might help you reinstate a little and then reduce your dose little by little? With sleeping 5 hours a night that is better than alot on here. The burning feet is a common withdrawal symptom and I have that also. It comes and goes. My butt burning comes and goes too. I think Zoloft is an antidepressant. The sleeping 5 hours a night will help you feel a bit better than no sleep. Why did you go to detox instead of coming off slowly? Please don't feel hopeless, you are  very young. Don't read the scary stories here it scares the hell out of anyone. Are you going to see your doctor soon?

I saw my pcp last week along with a trip to the ER thanks for your kind words I’m trying to do the right thing it was a tough choice I had a coming to Jesus meeting and decided I was tired of it gave up 25 bars and a script for 90 more kind of regretting now that I feel like this but just trying to white knuckle it and see if it gets better

Maybe you can tell your doctor that you threw out your pills and she would refill it if it becomes unbearable. I was taking 1 mg lorazepam  for 10 years for sleeplessness. I have been tapering very slowly. Your doctor should have had you come off slowly. You wouldn't have ended up in an ER. The prescription you could get refilled and start a taper schedule. I do a liquid taper and it really isn't  difficult once you see how to do it. I don't want you to suffer. If this gets worse maybe you really need to get your Xanax and reinstate a little until you feel better. Then maybe you won't have to take the other antidepressants. The coming to Jesus meeting, he doesn't want anyone to suffer and that's why you came across benzobuddies.

That might have to be the plan...every time I get in a car I start having brain zaps and my body starts to shake It’s awful I felt better last week but you have been a great help and your right about this web site it helps to k ow your not alone in this

Fk,

I was CT off Xanax by my docs.  I’m at the end of month 5. 

I did not sleep month 1, month 2 a few microbursts of sleep.  Month 4, I was getting 2 hours of sleep, now 7 hours of broken sleep most nights.

My withdrawal was brutal for 5 weeks.  It has only been better in the last week.

No advice.  Just I believe I will heal and get through this.  Healing is not linear.  The only way out is through it.

Feel free to pm me.

SaraSue  :smitten:

I have been off Xanax 2-6mgs for 8 years for 28 painful days o went to detox/rehab for the first 15 days and feel like it is only getting worse I’m 32 and feel hopeless I got back and neck tremors with my feet feeling like there on fire went to the doctor told her my story and she put me on Zoloft and trazodone with I’m not crazy about either I sleep maybe 5 hours a night and have lost my appetite the other day went to the er and thought I was dying they gave me a elf and a blood test and everything came out good. If anybody has some advice or just a few words to give me some feedback it’s much appreciated

FK,

I think you are still in the acute wd stages, when symptoms are the worst., Most detoxs just cold turkey you off, which sets up a huge wd problem for the patient. If I understand you correctly, you cold turkied off 2-6 mgs of Xanax. 6 mgs of Xanax is a big dose. But bo matter how huge the benzo dose, going CT is a bit risky for some. I did it but I would never suggest someone else do this.

What I can tell you for sure is that you WILL heal from this. No matter how bad you feel today, you will eventually feel much better. Healing from benzo can be a long and scary process, with so many weird symptoms you may think you have gone insane. But you haven't. Benzos work on your brain, in particular the FEAR center of your brain. Benzos change to chemical balance in that tiny part of your brain, making you feel calmer, able to sleep, etc. But when you take AWAY the benzo, all hell can break out.

Acute wd usually lasts about a month but it is possible it could last a bit longer. Going cold turkey seems to make wd worse, but for every single person. I know many taper people who are suffering just as badly as I did, after I went CT off huge doses of benzos. There does not seem to be any rhyme or reason to this stuff. I know I felt completely and utterly insane for several months. But in the end, I did heal, and I am SO glad I fought this out and won.

You will, too.

east

Hey guys thanks for the concern I decided to get a way lower dose of Xanax for now taking the tapper route rather then the hell I felt like I was experiencing I feel a lot better God bless

I did a CT at a detox center as well. Im sorry your suffering as I did.

The good news is you will heal like me and all the bullshit your dealing with WILL fade away...PROMISE!

I would never stear you wrong when it comes to any of this!!

Dig deep...you have the inner will to prevail.

I did a CT at a detox center as well. Im sorry your suffering as I did.

The good news is you will heal like me and all the bullshit your dealing with WILL fade away...PROMISE!

I would never stear you wrong when it comes to any of this!!

Dig deep...you have the inner will to prevail.

The conviction of healing in all of your posts is highly appreciated and go along way to reassure me and I'm certain others as well, that this f-ing nightmare ends, even though it's dragging the hell out.......thanks KRock!

Hi there. I’m so sorry for what you’re going through. I can relate, I went off 8-10 mg of Xanax in February 2019. I was on the stuff for about 4 years, I’m 29 years old. All I can tell you is it does get better with time. I know it isn’t great advice, but for me that’s all I’m holding onto. I had to accept that I’m going to feel horrible for awhile and just go with it. And be happy knowing Im off that horrible drug and slowly healing. I force myself to take short walks and take hot baths. Find some good shows and movies to watch. Hang in there!

You guys are the best I have taken a lot from all the support and stories of what everyone is going through and I just have to say very inspiring appreciate all the support and I’m praying for all of us