Using Seroquel and Welbutrin...........thoughts on taper

[Ra...]

Looking for others that have come off 1mg Clonazepam - Using Seroquel and Welbutrin...........thoughts on taper with these meds.

Thanks!

razor,

I have to be honest. Once IU got off benzos AND SSRIS, I felt SO much better. I no longer beli8eve in SSRIs. I personally think they were designed only to make drug companies a lot of money. But that is just a very personal opinion.

Seroquel is an anti psychotic and benzos wd is NOT a psychotic condition. Only thing wrong with your brain currently is being on benzos. I went CT off Klonapin 6 mgs in 2012 and had a really awful wd. This changed my entire life but in a GOOD way. I also did a super fast taper off two SSRIs. Thus I will never really know what caused what. But I DO know that I am so much healthier and happier being off all those stupid drugs. I am no longer depressed, or even very anxious. My physical health is remarkably good for someone who is 69 years old. Getting off all those drugs was the berst thing I ever did, just for me.

Both Seroquel and Wellbutrin should be tapered off of. Because I didn't taper, I cannot suggest how you do this, but many others here can.

Let me know what happenes, please.

east

How long were your withdrawls?  I am on 1mg Clonazepam........I have reached tolerance and they do noting for me.  The Seroquel helps me sleep - not sure what the Wellbutrin does for me.  LOL  I am going through a divorce which is the cause of anxiety I believe.

Some of us feel very strongly about the waste of our and others’ lives on Seroquel.

I know that 25 is a low dose and used world wide for sleep. At that dose it may not have severe metabolic or brain shrinking phenomena we talk and read about. You could also argue that the antihistamine promethazine (also a phenothiazine) for sleep is harmless and rarely criticised.

Seroquel will dull your dopamine output and feeling of wellbeing. 

I have reduced my dose from 100 started 4 years ago to zero, whilst on benzos. The last 25 have been harder than coming off SSRIs or benzos in the past.

It is recommended that you liquid taper it using the 10% rule as described in the Ashton manual.

The longer you take it the more chance you have of developing tarditive dyskinsea, Diabetes, heart disease and even antipsychotic induced dopamine supersensivity with possible hypomania.

This is purely what I have gleaned in my journey and my lost 4 years. Others may take different view.

Professor David Healy and Dr Joanna Moncrieff talk about it in their you tube videos. 

I apologise for being candid but the evidence for it’s safe long term use is sparse. 

I wish you well ——and if you decide to taper it go to “other medicines” on the home page where there are several threads on it.

Best wishes

Dick. Forty

• 2 weeks later...

Since you are experiencing anxiety, it is probably because of tolerance to clonazepam.  I would suggest tapering that first.  Then decide between seroquel (can have metabolic issues, but does provide sleep) and wellbutrin (activating drug, and may give sleep issues during taper).

All the best