Ativan vs Seroquel for anxiety

[t4...]

Buddies I am tapering off 2mg Ativan in decrements of 0.5mg as my psychiatrist told me. However, he also recommended me to use 12.5mg Seroquel if I felt anxious during the taper. I prefer Seroquel as the psychiatrist told me it is not addictive and can be dropped off whenever I want.

Any experience with Seroquel? Thanks buddies

I have taken a very small dose of Seroquel since I began tapering, it is the only thing that keeps the insomnia away.

Buddies I am tapering off 2mg Ativan in decrements of 0.5mg as my psychiatrist told me. However, he also recommended me to use 12.5mg Seroquel if I felt anxious during the taper. I prefer Seroquel as the psychiatrist told me it is not addictive and can be dropped off whenever I want.

This way to taper is really too fast, you need to go much slower. A cut = 10%. Read the ashton manual and follow it - would be my advice. Ativan is hard to taper, maybe a liquid solution could help.

I would not add any further med, you never know if you suffer because of taper or of side effects from the other med - or both.

Seroquel, like any other medication that has impact on your brain, can cause addiction like benzos and always needs to be tapered. Have a look at survivingantidepressants website.

Have a look into the ashton protocol!

Best wishes,

Marigold

Getting off 12.5 of Seroquel was not a walk in the park. It is highly addictive. Yes it gives you a good nights sleep.

I am now in the throws of serowithdrawal which Is sleeplessness  nauseating and grim.

Please don’t add another drug.  BB have been getting folk off Ativan with slow taper for over decade.

Good luck.  Hope you get it right.

Suggest you google seroquelsurvivors

Dick

Hi all,

My doctor put me on  Seroquel too to help with anxiety along with the Xanax.  It made me feel exhausted and did not help with anxiety.  I only took it for a few days and stopped without any issues.  I do think that if you go on it for a while it could be hard to get off too as again, it affects the brain.

Getting off Ativan is not easy but it can be done.  My advice is to find people on here that have and are doing it and to also listen to your body.

My psychiatrist  also told me to start out cutting by .5 mg each month but I knew that was WAY too much of a cut so I was fortunate enough around the same time to find this site and did alot of reading.  I started out doing .25 mg cuts for a couple months and and now I am getting ready to do a DLMT.  I started at 3.5 mg  (some days 4 mg) Xanax and on January 11, 2019, I started my taper.  I am now at 2.25 mg and will be going down daily on the liquid taper.

I wish you well and the people here are so supportive and wise and listening to what they say is a good choice to make.  People here really do care about you and will help you anytime you asked.

Julia

I have been on Seroquel low dose for 7 years and it is hard to get off, even at low doses.  I was only on 6 mg per night and still could not sleep when I tried to cut it out.  I'm now at 25 mg during all this junk.  I started it with K a long time ago and got off K after a few months and cut down to the 6 but stayed on it b/c it really did help me sleep.  If you can go without it, I would try.  It's a powerful drug, even at low doses.

.50 mg cut is way too much, IMO. .125 mg is better (not perfect) and that's what I went with beginning mid-April to now. I dropped down a little too much too soon when I started my taper... but I survived.

As far as Seroquel is concerned, I never messed with it...and don't plan on it either.

I've been taking 5-HTP which IMO has helped me a lot during my taper.

I was put on seroquel 3 years ago. Since then, I have gained 40 pounds, suffer from grogginess and headaches, and don't like how it makes me feel. It has numerous side affects, some serious.

It is addictive for most people, and has to be tapered off of.

I find myself now tapering both my benzo and the seroquel. For me, the seroquel cuts are harder to get through than the benzo cuts.

For some people, low dose seroquel does help without any problems.

And, honestly, for me it has helped sleep.

It's a touchy drug, proceed with caution.

her is one of several seroquel support groups for you to look through:

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=223541.0