Liquid lorazepam

[Co...]

Changing from dry cut to liquid was recommended. I’ve read several posts and am totally confused by the process and the math. I’m currently on .5 in the am and 3 more doses of .25 via dry cut. Is a prescription for liquid lorazepam feasible? If not, I have no idea how to make my own or how to create a taper schedule. Going to the dr. tomorrow with lots of questions due to the help of others on this site. Any help on the liquid lorazepam would be appreciated. George

Making the mixture is MUCH easier than it sounds. I was terrified of going that route, but it's been so much smoother and takes hardly any time at all.

Making the mixture is MUCH easier than it sounds. I was terrified of going that route, but it's been so much smoother and takes hardly any time at all.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I'm not sure what you mean by dipping. But, it helped with everything really. I wasn't even out of the bed much before shifting to liquid. I'd almost stopped driving.

The biggest change was mentally. I had dp/dr with the cuts. I don't with the micro taper. I do have mild confusion still and fatigue, leg pain, dry eye and other annoying physical symptoms, but it's nothing like it had been from Jan - start of April.

I thought I was the only one who didn’t know what dipping meant. Sorry. I think it’s the same as interdose withdrawal symptoms. Sounds like it helped you to go with the liquid. George

Oh. Got ya. I played around with dosage and times. That's so easy to do with liquid. I put my dose for the day in a one cup pyrex measuring cup, and then I can take the amount I want when I want. I've found the best pace for me is four doses during the day a 1/4 cup each. I take them around 7 and 11 a.m. and p.m. That may change as my amounts continue to get lower, and that's okay, since it's real easy to adjust with one cup always the dividing start.

I do feel rough in the mornings, but that's nothing new. 

Thank you. My doctor is going to prescribe liquid lorazepam and help me with the dosages and tapering. I feel fortunate. Best wishes George

Great news! I'm glad some docs are starting to get involved. Let us know how it goes. I hope the liquid will be great for you and let you quit with little or no pain.

Thank you. My doctor is going to prescribe liquid lorazepam and help me with the dosages and tapering. I feel fortunate. Best wishes George

That's great news! Let us know how you like the prescription liquid. I am considering switching to that also instead of making my own solution. I suppose either should be fine.

Either would be fine, but I would always choose Rx liquid, it that option is available.

Just fyi, the Rx lorazepam is a 2mg=1ml concentrate.  Dilute it 19:1, then you have a convenient, easy-to-use, .1mg=1ml solution.

Either would be fine, but I would always choose Rx liquid, it that option is available.

Just fyi, the Rx lorazepam is a 2mg=1ml concentrate.  Dilute it 19:1, then you have a convenient, easy-to-use, .1mg=1ml solution.

Wow thank you! You're so knowledgeable. How would one dilute it? With just water? Will it stay stable that way? So if I'm understanding correctly you use 19l of dilution liquid + 1ml of concentrate?

I don't know how this forum would survive without you! 

Wow thank you! You're so knowledgeable. How would one dilute it? With just water? Will it stay stable that way? So if I'm understanding correctly you use 19l of dilution liquid + 1ml of concentrate?

I don't know how this forum would survive without you!

Yes, dilute with water.  Yes it will be stable and non-perishable.  The Rx liquid is not intended to be used "straight", its a concentrate, formulated to be further diluted.

You can dilute any quantity you wish, using the 19:1 ratio.  I usually recommend a 10-14 day supply.  So if your at .5mg, you could do 3ml (6mg) + 57ml water.  That would be 60mls of .1mg=1ml solution, and would be a 12-14 day supply.