Can DLMT be used to taper antidepressants?

[Re...]

It’s been about four months since my last benzo. I’d like to start tapering the Zoloft next.  Does anyone have experience doing this? I cold turkeyed Ativan so I’m a newbie to tapering...

• 2 weeks later...
There is a board called other drugs. You might be spotted faster there. I'd respond, but I only know about Xanax tapering. I know I've seen where others at BB were tapering other drugs though, so I feel sure someone can help.

I did a rapid taper off 2 SSRI back in 2012. T.

this, I will never know what caused my awful wd. I am fairly sure it was mostly benzos but I have no way of truly knowing.

Several people recently have mentioned this issue to me, and all of them said something like "NO ONE knows what is the best and safest way to get off these drugs." I agree. Completely. On this forum, one method is usually suggested. On other forums, maybe a little less so.

It seems to me that whatever way you choose to get off benzos, there is a risk of having a bad time of it. But since you cannot predict that, once it happens and you feel terrible, you cannot help second guessing yourself. "Why did I do such a fast taper?" "Why did I go CT?"

This stuff truly seems to be a roll of the dice, and no one anywhere knows the perfect solution. That alone is frightening.

But one thing I DO know is that if you get through BWD, your life will be so much better. Not being dependant on some stupid little pill is just wonderful.

any drug that has a liquid version, or can be dissolved can be DLMT'd.

You would need to determine what solvent will dissolve it, and in what ratios.  If you can't get that info(most pharmacists can advise you) or it is not readily soluble,  then it can probably made into  a suspension and successfully use that for a DLMT

You would need to determine what solvent will dissolve it, and in what ratios.  If you can't get that info(most pharmacists can advise you) or it is not readily soluble,  then it can probably made into  a suspension and successfully use that for a DLMT

hey builder. By suspension, do you mean crushing the pill into powder and mixing it with Oraplus?  I believe that solutions and suspensions are two different things???

hey builder. By suspension, do you mean crushing the pill into powder and mixing it with Oraplus?  I believe that solutions and suspensions are two different things???

Humco Flavor Blend is almost identical and 1/2 the price of oraplus..it's on amazon. i'm using it now and i mask the cough syrup taste of the suspension vehicle with 2 parts apple juice and 1 part tart cherry juice. tart cherry juice helps some people with depression also.