PLEASE HELP ME

[Ne...]

I feel so alone going through W/D.  Most of my friends are married with kids and here I am dealing with such bad depression, thinking why can't I just have my normal happy life back.. I wonder whether all the things that use to make me happy ever will again. This whole thing being non linear is really taking a toll on me.  I know I cannot give up but this has ruined my life and I just don't know what to do anymore.  I am trying to find things to keep me busy but I feel like hell most of the time that it is so hard.  Please help me.

Welcome NewLife99, to bb.  You have come to a safe place and we will help all we can.  Could you do me a favor?  Go back to the Homepage where your profile is and click on it, look down and you will see signature, please fill that out with your drug history.  That way we can give you the best advice possible.  Welcome again, Mary 💙🙏

NewLife99, everyone here understands what you're going through. It's absolutely brutal. I often wonder too if my interests will return as I'm nearing 14 months off Klonopin. From what I've read, people's hobbies do eventually return, but it can take a while. Just keep distracting as much as possible. How long have you been off now?

Welcome Newlife99

You are not alone anymore, and you will get your normal happy life back. It's not an easy road but things get better for sure, sometimes sooner than you might think.

:)

Today is day 104. I was on Klonopin for 6 years 1mg a day. Then Xanax 1.5-2mg for 2 years.  Used Klonopin to taper off the xanax took about 5.5 months.  Now I am left picking up all the pieces wishing I never let the doctors give me anything.  I feel lost and hopeless. Complete opposite of what I use to be. 

Over 8 years of dulled brain is going to make you feel fearful and useless. And as you heal, which takes time then you get windows of lightness and joy.

If BB didn’t work through mutual support and advice it would have stopped years ago.

Welcome and do fill in you signature box in profiles.

Best w

Dick