Help! I need a Support Person!!

[Sa...]

Help, I need a Support person, to be with me on this healing journey.

Preferably a long term benzo taker that CT that has healed.  Someone that won’t mind listening to my whine ... although, I try to not whine much!!  You need to have had tons of physical sxs. 

I’m 60.

SaraSue

Sarasue,

Not healed but surely had my fair share of physical s/x's.........Glad to listen to whining or just normal complaining....PM if interested..

Alan  (Northern Virginia)

Dear Sarah, I am always ready to listen to you! I really don't speak English, but I think you're used to it. You are a young woman ❤ All will be well!

Sara! We are young, I'm 64 years old. Humor is important, and I can laugh at myself. What the world is thinking isn't so  important. That is my salvation in life! :)

Nice post, Translator, am 69 and have been on BB for almost 7 years. I personally feel that we older people handle benzo wd a bit better than young people. We have a better understanding of life in general, and have a lot better skills at dealing with the real misery of benzo wd. Nevertheless, we do feel miserable. I went CT off benzos and ADS in 2012. I had a withdrawal from hell but here I am today, healthier and happier than I have been in YEARS. The really strange thing about benzos is how they can affect you over time, if you take them for perhaps more than 6 months. Over time I started having multiple bad symptoms. Extreme fatigue, pain, difficulties with balance, and personal judgements became faulty. My frequent falls caused several injuries, causing bone fractures. Spent too much time in hospitals and then in rehabs. Ended up using walker for about 4 years. At the very ene I evenb considered just giving up and becoming a patient in a Nursing Home. SO glad I did not do this, because it turned out that ALL my old symptoms had been caused by6 both benzos and ADs. I am now a very healthy6 69 year old woman. I am vibrant and active lady who has her own cleaning business. I am no lo9nger depressed or even anxious and the only time I now fall is when I trip on something.

We may be older than some here, but my opi8nions is that gives us a leg up. Never give up, friends. It is so worth the effort.

east

Thank you, Translator and east.

Yes, I believe being older may help cope (and if you’re like me, you don’t mind being stuck home as much (as many younger people do).

I appreciate both of you.

SaraSue :smitten:

Love you, lady. I often think of you as I work through my day. I know you are hurting, but you are also FIGHTING back, and that is a  very good thing. I am so glad you found BB!

east

Hi SaraSue, I'm Jensie, took Klonapin 30+ yrs and quit CT Feb '19. I'm not healed but healing and I'd love to talk with you. I don't work (retired, age 69) so I guess that makes it easier. My big symptom is insomnia but I can tell it's getting better. At first I just felt exhausted but not sleepy, but lately (I almost hate to say it...like don't tempt fate but I know it's not fate, just my brain healing) I feel a little sleepy late at night and I sleep a little more. I've had lots of weir sx, like things smell so strongly but nothing tastes very much, and leg/back cramps, tinnitus, trouble concentrating/remembering, recalling names & words I've known for years. What's going on for you? Anyway just wanted to introduce myself and let you know I'm here if I can help. We'll both just keep on keeping on :P

Love you, lady. I often think of you as I work through my day. I know you are hurting, but you are also FIGHTING back, and that is a  very good thing. I am so glad you found BB!

east

Hi east.

I am fighting back!  Exhausted and in pain, but fighting.  Almost at the end of month 5, post CT.  I’m winning (or whining) LOL!!!

Love you too, Sara  :smitten:

Hi SaraSue, I'm Jensie, took Klonapin 30+ yrs and quit CT Feb '19. I'm not healed but healing and I'd love to talk with you. I don't work (retired, age 69) so I guess that makes it easier. My big symptom is insomnia but I can tell it's getting better. At first I just felt exhausted but not sleepy, but lately (I almost hate to say it...like don't tempt fate but I know it's not fate, just my brain healing) I feel a little sleepy late at night and I sleep a little more. I've had lots of weir sx, like things smell so strongly but nothing tastes very much, and leg/back cramps, tinnitus, trouble concentrating/remembering, recalling names & words I've known for years. What's going on for you? Anyway just wanted to introduce myself and let you know I'm here if I can help. We'll both just keep on keeping on :P

Hi Jensie,

You are two months further along than me ... sorry for your symptoms (I hope those are all you’ve had).

Please pm me.

Sara

SaraSue,  you whine all you want to! It is okay to whine and to let this stuff out. Doing so will only help you make it through.

Jensie, I cannot PM right now due to technical issues, but I sure do wish I could. I too took benzos for 30 years. And went CT off them in 2012. I am 69 like you. I would love to hear more of your story. Is there anywhere on this forum I can reach you without doing a PMZ??? I truly would like to hear your perspective on this stuff.

I had the very same symptoms and they were truly weird and awful. Hard to describe this stuff. I had both DOP and DR for several years which of course distorted all of my perceptions. Took me about 3 years to truly feel well again and NOW I am so much more healthy and happier than I have been in maybe 20 years. That is the utter truth.

What helped me with intractible insomnia was listening to hypnosis videos on YouTube. I doubted they could work, but after about a month, they DID work. My sleep was still not normal but at least I COULD sleep. And I still; listen to them sometimes.

east

THUMBS UP!

LOL!!! You are not whining. You never whine. I am right here now. I wont be here long, as I no longer spend much time here now. But you know how to reach me, sweetie.

I will always reply to you.

Long day, and it is hotter than hell outside. We Floridians just want to hibernate now in our air conditioning . If God could grant me one wish, it would be to help me move back up North, somewhere it is not always summer.

Whine, whine, whine, all you want to. LOL! You made me laugh!

annie and of course, Bear

East!

Weeks like this ... I need to be reminded that “I am healing” ... by you (a CT healed person)!!

I think I’ve been whining, I can barely support new people!! 

I wish you could move up north if that’s what you want ... I’d freeze!!

Hugs to you and Bear! ❤️

Hi Jensie,

I will send you a pm.

Sara