Curious about the ages of ppl who are withdrawing.

[An...]

I am just curious. I see ppl in their 60's and 70's who are trying to withdraw from these drugs after long-term use. Simply state your age please if you don't mind sharing.

**I am 56. I wish I had gotten off this crap 2 decades ago.

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [or...]

• [An...]

• [de...]

• [Sa...]

68.  51 years on drugs.

If I don’t make it OFF,  I am bloody well gonna try even if it kills me.

Dick

Xanax 1-3 mgs at night for 13 years. I'm down to holding at 1mg due to tapering too fast.

3rd attempt to quit.

I’m 62. 

Diagnosed many moons ago with panic/anxiety disorder.  Started low dose alprazolam at least 10 years ago.  By low dose I mean .25mg/day. Over the years it escalated to as high as 4mg/day!  When 4mg made me feel worse, I decided to wean myself off this crap. 

I’m now at 1mg/day in divided doses.  Tapering has been slow, tedious, and with lots of symptoms.  I’m definitely dealing with tolerance.  I’m wondering how much longer or lower I have to go before the symptoms stop.  Probably off altogether.....hoping 🙏🏼!!  Symptoms are daily nausea, paresthesia (burning skin), MAJOR weight loss (50 pounds...and I wasn’t heavy to begin with) due to not eating because of nausea), insomnia, agoraphobia (never had that before), and anxiety.  Probably more but my brain is fried!

Hoping to get off this hamster wheel soon!

Good luck to all! 💜🎈

Looks like I'm the 'oldest' person here, so far.  :thumbsup:

Like you forty, it. has become very personal now, and will remain 'off' even if it kills me.  I do not fraternise with the enemy.

Also, do not like pulling the 'age card' as reason to not succeed.  It's depressing enough as it is. 

Here's to success, whatever our age.  8)

Dee

In an attempt to be positive.

The 'older' we are, maybe less time left for suffering?    ;D

I'm so over it.  Got to laugh, it's all I have.  . 

Dee

In an attempt to be positive.

The 'older' we are, maybe less time left for suffering?    ;D

I'm so over it.  Got to laugh, it's all I have.  . 

Dee

I hear ya Dee...same here! These drugs have stolen so much from me over the years. I mean years and years of feeling sick and unwell!  :'(

A rather mature crew!  57yrs and c/t.  Hope to salvage all the years I can.  Not looking in the rear view mirror. (Or any mirror for that matter.  I earned every one of those wrinkles...more like creases.  w/d is just another battle scar!)  You guys are the best! 

Dove,

70% healing, congratulations!  I have those deep creases (didn’t have them last year).

SaraSue

Sara 💕

I do want to live when this is done.  And we will.  Just trying to dredge some humour from this most unfunny experience.  You are sounding better Sara. 

We take the prize Oregon.  Loud and proud. 

Dee