Tried celery juice, now what?

[Li...]

Someone on here recommenced the morning celery juice routine for healing and I figured why not? I’ve tried everything else, I’m 20 months out and just treading water as far as recovery goes (3-5 hours of broken, dream filled sleep). About 5 days in things got worse. 3-5 hours turned into 1-2 awful hours, which is a level I haven’t seen in many months. I stopped the celery juice, but symptoms lingered for 3-4 more days. I’ve seen people on here assert these moments of severe post withdrawal symptoms are the result of our healing brains. My question is this - was this awful downtick in sleep actually healing?  Is it possible there’s a light at the end of the tunnel with this?  Should I try this again and plow through it? 

I don't know if severe late-stage downturns are the result of healing or if they happen in spite of healing, but I do know that healing does happen. I had my fourth anniversary off of Ambien a couple of days ago and I still have on and off sleep disturbances that I did not have prior to withdrawal. I also have stretches of good sleep that would have been impossible several years ago and my bad sleeps are not as severe as they used to be. Maybe for me this is as healed as I am going to get. Only time will tell and if so, what can I do about it other than adapt and keep moving on forward with my life. Sorry, don't know anything about celery juice other than it is probably pretty tasteless.

Hello:

I am in the same boat sixteen months out. I have had great windows, but some family and personal stressors contributed to my sleep setbacks.

Yes Solyluna, we are going to have to learn to recognize the effects that these stressors have on us and learn how to address them before things get out of control. We also have to learn not to panic if we fail at this and that balance will return in time, like it always does.

• 2 weeks later...

Someone on here recommenced the morning celery juice routine for healing and I figured why not? I’ve tried everything else, I’m 20 months out and just treading water as far as recovery goes (3-5 hours of broken, dream filled sleep). About 5 days in things got worse. 3-5 hours turned into 1-2 awful hours, which is a level I haven’t seen in many months. I stopped the celery juice, but symptoms lingered for 3-4 more days. I’ve seen people on here assert these moments of severe post withdrawal symptoms are the result of our healing brains. My question is this - was this awful downtick in sleep actually healing?  Is it possible there’s a light at the end of the tunnel with this?  Should I try this again and plow through it?

I dont think the celery juice would set you back. I would look at your over all diet and see what you are eating and drinking everyday.

I juice every day and I know the juice doesnt bother me.

If you are consuming MSG, Sugar, caffeine, nicotine, nitrates, gluten, aspartame etc etc it will take longer for the brain to heal. All of the chemicals that are added to the food contribute to the damage to the brain.

Are you getting enough probiotics, kefir, fermented foods and other good bacteria into your gut? The gut is called the second brain and regulates mood and immune health. 

Are you detoxing? Sweating, breathing correctly, getting enogh fiber into your body so you can use the bathroom enough to get toxins  out of your body?

Excercise helps with the growth of new nuerons in the brain  --- supposedly, hard cario stimulates the growth of new neuro paths in the brain

Good luck.