Another One

[je...]

Another night with 0.00 sleep. If I let myself I could really freak out, but what good would thinking/worrying/wondering about any of it do??? I already know everyone is different when it comes to which symptoms they have and how long they last. last night I actually felt something like sleepy at bed and did sleep the longest time so far but it only happens soooooooo occasionally. Am trying the B vitamins. Maybe it helps.

Yup sorry you sleep deprived

Could you go to profile and fill in you meds as far back as poss and what your plan is ?.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Another night with 0.00 sleep. If I let myself I could really freak out, but what good would thinking/worrying/wondering about any of it do??? I already know everyone is different when it comes to which symptoms they have and how long they last. last night I actually felt something like sleepy at bed and did sleep the longest time so far but it only happens soooooooo occasionally. Am trying the B vitamins. Maybe it helps.

In another topic you wrote: "took Klonapin 30+ yrs and quit CT Feb '19."

What do you expect? After 3 decades on a med and just half a year off? I do not want to sound harsh - I want you to be kind to yourself and give your body more time to recover. A normal cell needs 3 months to rebuild! And your body needs to recover on so many areas:-)

Nearly everyone here has suffered from insomnia and it got better. Chin up! You are early in recovery.  :smitten:

Marigold

• 2 weeks later...
I don't expect anything other than what is happening. That doesn't make it painless however; as everyone seems to know night after week after month on (maybe) three hours/night is not a big bag of joy. I just don't like to get on here and complain...when I really need help, feel scared/desperate, that's different. But hey...I do try to educate myself about this so then it's just see it through and don't quit before it's over. If that's overly naive or whatever, so be it...

I don't expect anything other than what is happening. That doesn't make it painless however; as everyone seems to know night after week after month on (maybe) three hours/night is not a big bag of joy. I just don't like to get on here and complain...when I really need help, feel scared/desperate, that's different. But hey...I do try to educate myself about this so then it's just see it through and don't quit before it's over. If that's overly naive or whatever, so be it...

I did mention that you are early off because we need to be nice to ourself when it comes to sleep. I did not tell you like "shut up and stop complaining what did you expect!" - instead I wanted you to get hope because things might change cause you are early in recovery. Point.

3 hours per night are actually really good at the beginning. With time, the amount you can do during the day with only 3 hours or less sleep, will be bigger. Today, I can work with weeks on just 3 hours of sleep. I do not like it, I hate it, but when I am in a wave it is like that. BUT the difference, - and that's a big difference - is, that I do not feel the agony in these nights any more, I do not have the panic any more - the way I deal with sleep problems has changed. Not only because I learned to cope, its also my body - who can do more now, while getting not much sleep.

The pain that you have now because of your sleeping problems, will get better. I cannot explain it better, but it seems common. The "elder and wiser" members here, who are years off, seem to have the ability to cope with less sleep better, than in early withdrawal or recovery.

I hope it will get better fro you soon!

Marigold

Dear Jensie

So sorry the worst symptom of all recovery has hit you so hard. Sleeplessness is like torture and many of us are in it or have been there.

I am sure you have looked at all natural ways to get there.

>>There may still be ideas on here if you let us know what you have been through and what you have tried thus far.

Meanwhile my wish for you is a restful night, and many more,

Yours

Dick aka Forty

Hey, i'll share what works for me, but before I do you really should give us info.

Click the "Profile" at the top of the screen. it says Home Help Searh Helpdesk Profile My Messages Members Logout.

Click Profile and select Forum Profile and fill in some info about what you took, how long, and where you are in your taper or if you did a CT (Cold Turkey).

That said lets address the sleep.

I used to have terrible insomnia, and now I can sleep anytime I want. It all came down to 1 thing. Not thinking about real life issues.

If you stress yourself out while trying to sleep your body will not let you sleep. It will be in "Fight or flight" mode when you are trying to relax. They don't mix.

If you catch yourself thinking about what time it is, what you have to do tomorrow, how much sleep you will get if you fall asleep now, how hard tomorrow is going to be with so little sleep, etc, you are almost guaranteeing yourself a sleepless night.

To get over my insomnia I would picture a blank movies screen. Nothing else, no thoughts other than that image of a blank screen.

Once you have that in your mind you can watch a show or movie using your imagination. (Think counting sheep)

When you first try this your mind is going to want to drift to real life issues, when you catch it doing that, pull yourself back to the blank screen and go back into the movie or show. It's all about imagination.

Picture yourself as a character in the show if it helps make it more interesting, you need that "imagining" to be as strong as you can make it.

Just watch the story, enjoy the daydream, and make sure it has absolutely nothing to do with anything related to your real life or things that you are dealing with.

You might have to tug yourself back to the daydream over and over, but over time it will get easier.

If your mind is racing too much to relax and you can't hold an image in your head for even a second then you can try things that help with relaxation before going back to the above exercise.

I used ASMR videos on YouTube and a cheap gaming headset. Other things like a really hot bath might help or whatever helps get your muscles to release tension and calm you. Meditation wasn't as effective for me as the ASMR but it is still something. I use an Inversion Table to relax now, but for sleep I don't even need that. For sleep I just need a place to lay down and some quiet. I actually sleep in my basement instead of my master bedroom because there is so much less noise.

I hope that helps you. And again, please take 60 seconds to fill out that profile or you are going to run into it being an issue each time you ask for help.

Cheers.