Bad wave

[Fl...]

I am 4 months CT. I was doing really good and out of no wjereI get hit with this wave. The lights are bright again, head hurts, nausea, bloated and anxiety with chest pressure.  I was feeling good for a bit. It really depresses me that I am not well yet like i thought. It also scares me that it can happen anytime these waves.  It's a tease,  you feel better for a bit and the waves knocks you down hard. Food are also my triggers. No junk food and  very very small amount of sugar. I don't know when it will end.  After a wave, you feel so exhusted. 

Sounds familiar.

It will pass. Early days yet.  Propranolol is non addictive and  might abort these attacks or waves or at least lessen them.

Dick

From what i've read we should expect recovery to be around 3 years. The people who are claiming to be completely free of WD symptoms all tend to be somewhere after that time period.

I pulled a muscle in my left pectoral the other day and kept getting waves from it. It's annoying but I consider myself lucky that it is obviously getting better.

The fact that you thought you were feeling good after only 4 months actually is a good sign for me. :)

You are so much closer to total recovery than I am. 

It is scary to realise that waves can pop up out of the blue.  So unpredictable. 

Not a lot we can do except keep the faith and turn the pages on the calendar, knowing we are healing at every turn. 

June looks promising.  ;D

Dee

Thank you!! I really am praying to make it the 5th month. Hoping it will lessen. It's very emotionally draining.  I wished i never touched this  poison.

Fly, you will get through this. Benzo wd truly is awful, and can cause so many symptoms and some of them are really scary.  I never had waves or windows. Just real slow time consuming healing. Took me 3 years to feel pretty good, but keep in mind I went CT off a 30 year addiction to benzos. NOT a good situation.

Each person has their own special rate and way of healing, so comparing yourself to others is a waste of time. We are all SO different in this.

Like you, I still regret the first day I started taking benzos for insomnia. That stupid act led me to a 30 years habit and addiction. I knew benzos were addictive, but I had NO idea how awful wd can be for  few people. Well, now I know. And will never forget this, ever.

Look, none of knew this can happen. And for MOST people on benzos, it doesn't. Most people get off benzos going CT or a very fast taper and have NO wd symptoms. Seems just a fraction of people have awful wds.  So we both belong to a very exclusive club.

You can and will get through this, as long as you have a basic understanding of what is causing your miserable symptoms. I can try to direct you to some truly great articles on BB that try to explain WHY we feel this bad.

Please let us know how you are doing.

east

Thank you for the encouragement! You're absolutely right everyone heals differently.  Yes, please if you can share your articles that would be great.  I am physically exhausted having to fight my own body everyday. It helps to see others doing well and gives me hope.