Positive Post: I am grateful for BB because . . . Are you too? If so, why?

[Jo...]

I am grateful for BenzoBuddies for so many reasons. Here are a few:

1. I have learned things about benzo tapering on BB that no doctor ever told me.

2. BB has helped me understand the Ashton Protocol better.

3. I learned the benefit of Daily Micro Tapering as opposed to cut and hold, which never worked for me.

4. Jim Hawk’s Benzo Tapering Application (at www.benzo.alwaysdata.net) has proved invaluable to me. Once I selected my taper rate (5%) and the Attenuated Phase, I simply printed out my 14 month tapering schedule. This made my life so much easier!

5. I have made Buddies through PM and we encourage each other. I am no longer alone!

6. I found Support Groups specific to me like the Daily Microtapering Support Group and the Under .125 Kolonopin Support Group. I even joined the Faith Based Support Group!

7. I read “What is happening in your brain” by Parker. I am therefore no longer afraid of my waves.

8. I now understand how to dry cut and to water titrate.

And so much more!

Are you also grateful for BenzoBuddies?

If so, why?

I am very grateful for the change of worldview! I used to think I was hopelessly ill. And now I understand that a lot of people feel the same as I do. And this is a normal process of recovery! Hugs to all and thank you ❤

Bc the members here are truly the only ones who understand what you are going through. We are all in the same boat. These bizarre SX's make you think you are literally dying sometimes.The support you get here is priceless IMO.

I thought I knew about benzo pain and management.....how wrong I was.

But take care, some of us get care worn or drawn into handbags at dawn.

We are human after all!

Dickie

Identifying with what others have or are going through, due to what these drugs are capable of causing, is invaluable to me.

I too went through several demoralizing events of trying to find a place…any place that would take me in. Yes, very demoralizing.

One of my friends made the comment in response to one place in particular that I came VERY close to moving into…."But it is an INSTITUTION!"

All I knew then was that I felt like I was going to need ongoing help. Considering, during that time(first year of benzo/z-drug w/d), I did not know what was wrong with me.

I am grateful for BB because pulling myself off of these drugs was a scary choice, and I needed someplace to go so that I didn't annoy my friends and my husband about symptoms and difficulties that they'd just never understand. Plus people in general have a tendency to get really annoyed when you talk about your health problems all the time. That said, my symptoms on Day 8 aren't so bad (better than yesterday), so it's kind of hard for me to relate to what some of you are going through. Having read some threads, I'm sorry so many of you are having such a time of it, but grateful that my particular version of hell is just a bit easier. BB gives me all the reasons and encouragement I need to stay off this crap for good.

It's nice to have somewhere to go where I can check out what has worked and not worked for people, and very grateful for that article "What is happening in your brain". It explained a hell of a lot of weird stuff that I've been going through for the last 10 years on these horrible drugs. I've seen all the horror stories and the cries for help, that make me look at myself, and make me almost be ashamed to be here. I'm in pain, yeah, the fatigue is bad, the muzzy headed crap sucks, muscle tension and insomnia sucks a bag full of marbles, but I don't feel like I'm suffering as much as most of you have or are. I wish everyone the best, and I'm happy to have found this site.

Because it was my only support group, my life line in the darkest days, months.

No one in the real world came even close to understanding what I was and still am going through.

BB was my only hope, my strength.

When everyone IRL was telling me I'm crazy, I'm imagining my unimaginable symptoms, that I'll never get better without drugs, BB was my backbone to stand tall, or most often - crawl, but keep moving, keep living.

You are all amazing!

Knowledge. Now I know, why I feel this way - I'm not crazy (almost).

Success stories give me hope.

Thanks!

:smitten: