PG diazepam solution dosing irregularities?

[Et...]

I am just curious if people have been having problems with their PG/distilled water diazepam solutions. I think I may have been using too much PG and it’s been messing up the solution. My first batch I used 2 10mg tablets, 40mL of PG, and 160mL of water and that batch didn’t give me any problems but it lasted forever so I tried to make a half batch but because my PG is in a big jug and I don’t want it to get contaminated, I ended up pouring 40-50mL of PG into the graduated cylinder each time and then I would just top the rest of the cylinder with water and then dump it in the jar but I would actually notice I was actually feeling the Valium the first couple times I took it and then I would end up going into withdrawal. I am going at a .02mg per day rate, I don’t think the speed is the problem but just in case I just dumped out my last batch and made another 2 10mg, 40mL of PG, 160mL of water batch and I’ll try that tomorrow.

I am curious if others have had problems with the PG and distilled water solution... I really don’t want to have to go to using alcohol because it will be a temptation when I’m stressed knowing there is alcohol in the house but now that I’m down to 4.22mg and I’m about to have to start taking 2mg in solution and working down instead of working down from 1mg like I have been, I need to make sure the solution isn’t causing me problems. I had 10 days to figure the solution out before I go from 2 whole 2mg pills per day to just 1 whole pill and the rest of it in liquid so I am just looking for some feedback.

I would be a lot more likely to believe that it’s regular withdrawal if it wasn’t for the fact that when I make a new batch, the first day to two days actually has me feeling the Valium.

Of course this could all be in my head like so many other things with benzo withdrawal which is why I’m here asking for help.

Thanks buddies!  :smitten:

Always use a 1mg:2ml PG:8ml water ratio.  (.1mg=1ml)

Always make 1 10-14 day batch.

You will never have any problems with this solution.

I had read on here that using more PG was fine, just not less, but that doesn’t seem to be the case as 1mg:4mL PG:6mL water (10mg:40mL:60mL per batch) doesn’t appear to work despite still being .1mg/1mL. I guess I will see if the 1:2:8 (20mg:40mL:160mL) batch I made last night ends up stabilizing me over the next few days and report back. Really don’t want to switch to vodka and chance having alcohol cravings again (it will be two years since I gave up my 2-3 handle a week habit on July 1st).

I had read on here that using more PG was fine, just not less,

You can use more, but why would you?  2ml is enough to completely dissolve 1mg of benzo.  Using more then 2ml per mg will not make the solution "better", or more potent.

Your taper only depends on the amount of benzo you take at each dose, or each day.  As long as you use enough solvent (2ml per mg of benzo), you will be able to create a uniformly distributed solution, and that's the only requirement.  If you are having difficulties, it is NOT due to any problems with the solution itself.

It just seems crazy to me that I was tolerating .5mg every 14 days but now I’m struggling with .6mg (.02mg per day) every 30. I mean that’s 1.5% of my starting dose every 14 days! If that minimal amount of a cut is destroying me like this, and I still have 21% left to go, I don’t think I’m ever going to succeed in getting off of this drug. I’m already a year and three months into my taper and my speed is getting slower and slower. My next logical step to .01mg a day would push my taper out another 14 months and it seems insane that anyone could possibly need to go that slowly.

I was doing 1mg to 4mL PG to 6mL in water simply because I have my PG in gallon jugs and it’s very hard to pour out the exact amount and I don’t want to contaminate it so I was ending up with 40mL in the graduated cylinder. I made a 1:2:8 solution this time and I’ll give it a few days. I guess one good sign is that I didn’t feel immediately better last night which seems to suggest it’s actually in solution so maybe doubling the PG has been causing it not to go into solution — we aren’t talking about pure diazepam here after all, pill binders could be changing things.

I guess I will see how I do over the next week but I’m honestly not doing well right now and I’m ready to just give up.

I have tapered from 5.78mg to 4.2mg since February so you would think I would be used to the micro by now.

So use a syringe to measure out your PG.  Get a 50-60ml syringe from Amazon.

The PG is only a solvent.  It's the product that converts to benzo to a liquid, so it can be further diluted with water.  It does not change the potency or efficacy of the benzo.  It only changes it state (from dry powder to liquid) And the PG has no medicinal or psychoactive properties. So the ratio of PG in your solution does NOT change the way your solution affects you.

I don’t want to stick anything in the PG. it’s fine, I just made a 200mL batch instead, but we can’t really say that more PG won’t cause a benzo to not go into solution. I can tell you just from the two days I have used this new batch that these is a definite potency change and I feel like it’s going to be okay. I’m not worried about bacterial growth so much when I’m using distilled water and I’m about to be taking 10mL of solution anyway.

Thanks for your help builder, I’ll report back how I’m feeling in a few days - I was going to hold for awhile but I’m feeling more confident in this solution now that I made it the same way u made my first batches.

Meh, I figured out what it is.

I have been tapering at a rate of .6mg per month which equals about 14.4% a month or 7.2% every 15 days now that I am at 4.14mg. I am slowing my taper to .5mg per month which will put me right around 6% every 15 days.

It’s so infuriating to think I’ll likely be one of those people who has to taper forever — if I were to maintain 6% through the rest of my taper, it will have me going from 2/2018 to 9/2020 before I’m done. That’s just insane and it’s going to be next to impossible to sell this to my psychiatrist.