In your opinion what is the most dangerous benzo?

[Re...]

My vote is for Xanax because it’s highly, highly potent and has a very short half-life,  so users are more likely to experience interdose WD.  I’d also put Ativan up there  because I’ve heard of people who become physically dependent in as little as two weeks.  I took Ativan and can personally vouch that it is from the devil!! Lol

Thoughts?  What are the most dangerous or most addictive benzos ?

Pharmacologically it doesn't really matter, from what I know. They all act upon the central nervous system in the same way, they only actual difference being half-life and potency.

It's like the question "Which opioid is the most addictive?". They're all addictive (although I have read that methadone creates the worst and longest withdrawals, when it comes to opioids). Benzos I guess are similar in that they're all pretty much the same dependence-wise, with slight variances depending on the half-life of the drug.

[e6...]

All benzo are dangerous in my opinion it mess up GABA and it will be different from person to person,  our brain is working individual how we will react on the drug people heal diffrent too. Some had Xanax and heal in a year or oxazepam and heal in 3 years. I asked my doc said lorazepam is the most potent benzo.

I had Valium and a short term with klonponin because I couldn't metabolize Valium. Defect enzyme. Cyp2c19

Klonopin and Ativan. K from personal exp , Ativan from what I have seen . I ct'ed off of Xanax 15 years ago and it was nothing remotely like this . 6 months and it was over . This K withdrawal has been a nitemare that I can see will take awhile . 

Xanax is very addictive and it produces a pleasurable high for the first few hours.  Valium, my only other benzo, did nothing for me in that regard.  I've never tried any of the others.

Why is Klonopin the worst?

I believe K is SUPER potent. I actually found an article that compares benzo potency and half life and K looks pretty evil. Valium and Librium seemed more “gentle.”  I’ll see if I can find it and share.

I vote Ativan. I just took it 1.5months.

What dose did you take?  I took a small amount for eight weeks and went into withdrawal.  Most doctors and friends did  not believe me because I was taking a quarter of the standard dose.  I am four months out now and significantly improved, Though not completely healed yet.

According to this article  that compares potency and half life,  it looks like Halcion and Klonopin are the worst.  Of course there are other factors such as your dosage,  Time taking the drug and your medicine history, etc.

https://www.rehabspot.com/benzodiazepines/

My nurse practitioner prescribed me Ativan,  and even at  at a low-dose I believe that I got hooked very early on ( within 2 to 3 weeks).  I told her that I thought I was experiencing benzo withdrawal, and she denied it.  I actually suspect that she did believe me but did not want to take personal responsibility for prescribing this horrid drug.  During the same visit, she prescribed me Klonopin!!!  Ugh.  Thank God I never took it.

Klonopin and Ativan. That's what I took. I would say K is longer-lasting because of its cognitive issues and inability to exercise for many. 

Alprazolam/xanax.    It’s the devil on steroids!  There is no amount of panic or anxiety that is worth taking this crap .  Trust me

Shorter acting (short half life) and faster onset of action are the two key parameters.  High potency is the third parameter that can get one into trouble.

• 1 month later...

I vote Ativan. I just took it 1.5months.

What dose did you take?  I took a small amount for eight weeks and went into withdrawal.  Most doctors and friends did  not believe me because I was taking a quarter of the standard dose.  I am four months out now and significantly improved, Though not completely healed yet.

I was prescribed 0.5mg/day.But most of the time I only took 0.25mg.

I am 17 months out now and significantly improved too. Now 85% healed.