100 Days Post Jump Today- Need some support

[Ne...]

Hi Everyone. I think I have made one post in my life on here but I am struggling right now. 

Today is day 100 since I jumped.  I was on Klonopin for about 6.5 Years and then I switched to Xanax 2mg/day for about 2 years.  I was doing ok and actually had 2 weeks of feeling almost back to normal, then a week ago I went to the doctor for an EKG and while they were doing it my anxiety spiked.  The last 5 days I feel like absolute hell and I am trying to figure out if this is normal at day 100.  The head pressure and brain fog came back, my anxiety is awful especially in the morning.  I just don't know what to do at this point I am starting to get the depression again, and just feel totally off. I also have this tightness in my chest and it freaks me out everyday thinking its something else but I know its WD. I know a lot of people experience this between months 3 and 4 from jumping but I am really starting to lose it. 

Any help or positive encouragement would help greatly.  Every damn day feels like a battle and its truly hell. Thanks All.

Sounds par for the course. It gets better the further out you get. Im at 7 months off and Im much better than I was at 3 months off. Be gentle with yourself, try to relax, and remove yourself from stressful situations when possible. It will get better, but you have to be patient and take it one day at a time. Look at your progress from month to month. It's too up and down to look for day to day improvement, but the "trend" for me has been some improvements month to month.

Take care,

FP

I’m so sorry you are suffering.  Month 4 was brutal for me (after CT).  I’m at 4.5 months and still struggling.

However, I am better!  We are healing!!

SaraSue  :smitten:

I am 12 weeks free from my Valium taper.  Even though I was on a pretty low does and took the benzo only for about 7 months, my withdrawal has not been easy.  Unfortunately, it feels like things have gotten worse during the last two weeks -- particularly my insomnia. I had been getting about 4-5 total hours of sleep broken up in chunks. But, once I decided to stop taking Gabapentin because I just wanted to be completely free of all medication, my sleep has gotten worse. There are nights like last night when I only two hours of sleep.  I wake up feeling like the nerve endings in my hands, feet, back and sometimes even my face are on fire, and the physical discomfort is so intense I cannot get back to sleep.  And, the lack of sleep is making my sense of despair even worse.  The only thing that keeps me going is the reassurance of others who have gone through this ordeal before me who say it does get better and that we all will heal.