No withdrawal at all

[id...]

Have you met people who had no withdrawal after stopping benzos or z-drugs? I met a person who stopped lunesta cold turkey and was just fine, not even rebound insomnia or anything. She was super active, happy, I was shocked to find out she stopped a z-drug recently.

I have heard of lots who were fine stopping but then I only gave them for a few days as a doc and referred, advised etc or did hypnosis rather than prescibe.

I have also met folk still on AD ten years on who are stuck on them and dont want to change! --So "my bad back" then in some cases.-Sadly.

Lesson for us all is enforced CT

My dad changed care homes and thus GP  He went into heart failure and they stopped his cipramil and oxazepam. He fought severe WD and died a frightened man--I shall never forget his distress over three days which they refused to treat and I was out of area so not allowed to help him.

Forty

Sorry to hear about your Dad Forty.

I have spoken to an occupational therapist who is goi g through WD who has seen elderly patients pulled off of Benzos in hospital and die.

I have heard of lots who were fine stopping but then I only gave them for a few days as a doc and referred, advised etc or did hypnosis rather than prescibe.

I have also met folk still on AD ten years on who are stuck on them and dont want to change! --So "my bad back" then in some cases.-Sadly.

Lesson for us all is enforced CT

My dad changed care homes and thus GP  He went into heart failure and they stopped his cipramil and oxazepam. He fought severe WD and died a frightened man--I shall never forget his distress over three days which they refused to treat and I was out of area so not allowed to help him.

Forty

So sorry about your dad! That's just tragic :(

Sorry to hear about your Dad Forty.

I have spoken to an occupational therapist who is goi g through WD who has seen elderly patients pulled off of Benzos in hospital and die.

So scary!

I am afraid this will happen to one of my relatives. Her mother was fine until she had some relatively minor health issues, went to the hospital and never came out. She went "crazy" and spent the rest of her life in an assisted facility suffering greatly. My relative thinks doctors missed a mini-stroke and I think they ripped her off of benzos in the hospital. My relative is on a large dose of benzos and elderly. I talked to her briefly about benzos and explained dangers to her son but they don't believe me. My f relative's biggest fear is "to go crazy like my mom" and I'm afraid it's a real possibility if she ends up in a hospital one day.

I'm so sorry, Forty!! So tragic. They don't know what they're doing when they pull people off SSRIs and benzos.  :'(

Thank you good people.

I could have slipped him some morphine from my bag but my family would not let me.

We all thought he would die any moment.

Thanks for your observations and kind words.

Dick

Yes I know some people who had zero withdrawal in real life after being on them a year or more daily.

I'm so sorry, Forty!! So tragic. They don't know what they're doing when they pull people off SSRIs and benzos.  :'(

I got pretty pissed at a prescriber on twitter because he was talking about deprescribing the elderly. He hates Benzos but doesn't seem to know how to taper and his patients have dementia so it's not like they can complain. When we suggested some ideas he blocked everyone and got really condescending and arrogant. His poor patients. Convo here: https://t.co/1KUtwnWPwU

That figures that he blocked everyone and got really condescending and arrogant. Doctors tend to be very ignorant when it comes to tapering ANY DRUG, let alone benzos.

You're right: his poor patients.