Need some advice

[Gr...]

Hi,

I thank everyone here for their input. I am doing much better but I was taking 50 mg trazadone for sleep as my doctors suggested as it will help me sleep. I am trying to wean off it as I am sleeping better and overall feeling better. I found a compound pharmacy and following 40 mg for 5 days, 30 for 5 20 and then 10 for 5 days. I am done with 40 and I am starting to feel like falling sensation at times. Not sure if this was trazadone related or benzo. Please let me know your thoughts and if you have experienced it. Also any suggestions on getting off this med?

Thanks,

Way too fast IMHO --AD should be treated as are benzos as far as recovery is concerned.

PM me if you want a paper on AD reduction.

Dick

Sounds more like benzo wd, but there is no way to really know. I am just sorry you are going through this. Hang on tight and keep on going, my friend.

east

Could you fill in the signature in your profile so we can help more. ? We need to know what else you have used or are on now.

I hope you are steady now.

Dickie

Thanks Everyone, not sure how to add that to the signature page

My history

06/2017-06/2018: 0.5 mg Xanax

07/2018- 10/2018: 1-1.5 mg Xanax

Cold turkey because doctor told me and I didn't realize how bad it was

03/2019 - present 50 mg Trazodone

I have never taken any other med in my life besides occasional aspirin and ibuprofen

Trazadone is an atypical AD--why take it for sleep?

Are you distressed? or depressed?

If you need sleep then promethazine is the NHS go to for in and out patients.

(I think I sent you a taper paper?)

But you are the best judge of how quick to go.

Dickie

I have been on and off trazadone since 1991. The effects you are feeling are the benzo wd coming back that isnt being as covered with the trazadone any longer because you lowered your dose. If i were you and the trazadone was helping i would stay on it awhile longer. Trazadone hasn't helped me during my wd. Good luck.