Spreading doses and switching to liquid

[Fi...]

Hi,

I want to consider spreading out my doses and switching over to do a milk taper. 

I have dry cut a small amount of my current benzo from the afternoon dose as I have trouble sleeping.  I don't think I've experienced interdose wd but probably will if I continue just trimming the afternoon dose. 

I started at .625 and am now down to .611.  Even though I have not been on the med a long time, I've had to go super slow because of getting off of two other medications and a possible Lyme diagnosis.

I would like to still keep a heavier dose a night for the sleep issues I've struggle with.

So my questions are:

1.  Should I move to 3 doses or stay with 2?

2. If I need more at night, what might the dosages be in the day?

3. Should I trim across all 3 doses or just the daytime ones?

4. How long should I wait to move to the milk titration after moving to 3 doses?

Thank you for any and all advice.

Please help.  Want to make the switch to DMLT soon as my pill cutting is getting smaller. 

Should I stay at 2 doses?

How to switch to liquid?

Hi Final healing,

I can only say what worked for me, but life has been smoother with four doses v. two and with DLMT.

My Xanax was not for sleep, although I've had the insomnia issue during taper. So, I do even doses at 7 and 11 both morning and evening.

To measure/adjust dosages, a tip from Builder helped. I put my dose for the day in a one cup measure and top it off with water (I use vodka to dissolve the pills). You could top off with milk I'm sure. Then, I just pour out 1/4 cup 4 x per day. But, it would be easy to adjust that with a larger amount of liquid in the one cup poured just for individual days.

I hope that helps some. The multiple dosing does make my days smoother, and the DLMT makes it much easier to cut small amounts.

Hope your taper goes well. If something isn't working, make adjustments. It took a couple of weeks for me to settle on the four even doses. Other combinations did not work as well.

Thank you so much for your reply.

I will probably be using milk.

I'm bad at math.  Will I just:

1. Fill 1 8 oz. measuring cup with milk. Or should.this be more?

2. Drop my current dose, .611 of K into milk solution.

3. Let pills dissolve

4. Pour the liquid into 2 or 3 containers.  Maybe one will be more substantial for my night time dose.

5. Stabilize on this liquid dose for a week.

6. Then start drawing out 0.01 ml per day.

7. Not sure of the math on how to do that so it makes it 5%.

Hope that makes sense.

I'm not sure how to dose with milk. I use 2 ml of vodka with 1 mg pill (or two .5 mg pills = 1 mg). The vodka dissolves the pill. Then I add 8 ml water. This enough for two days for me at 10 ml of mixture (1 pill + 2 ml vodka + 8 ml water) and at .315 per day now for myself. So, I can pull three days out of 10 ml if I measure real careful.

I measure out 3.15 ml from that solution above at 10 ml (having base solution left over) and put it (3.15) in a one cup measure. The decimal goes over one space for ml. So, I pull out the 3.15 of solution (which is .315 mg of mg of pill) or drop lower and put that one day amount in a kitchen one cup measure. I add water up to the one cup line. There is very little medicine mixture in there. At this point, I can does for the day based on the cup measures and divide it in any way I want. I just have one cup total per day to divide as I want with the correct small dose for the day mixed in there.

You are at .611 for now right? Your solution is 6.11 ml?

You can Google:

6.11 - 5%

Google gives the answer 5.8.

So, you need 5.8 solution per day (on your next cut) which is .58 mg of the actual benzo.

Every time you go lower, you can Google the number you are taking (5.8 of mixed solution for the next 5% cut from your current) and plug in: 5.8 - 5%. Equals = 5.51. Etc.

If you remove the same amount every time, it will be a higher percentage as the total amount goes down.

Thank you again.

Please bear with me around these questions.

Yes my current amount is .611

So to dissolve my .611 how much milk should I use initially? 

Is it 6.11 ml of liquid? 

Do I use a syringe for that amount? 

How much should I add then to that if I am making a batch daily? 

I then put it in a measuring cup and add more milk for a one cup measure? 

To do a 5% taper for the month, how much should I draw up and throw out for my liquid for the day on a daily basis?

Thank you again for helping me.   

What mg are your pills?

I am going on the assumption that you have 1 mg pills or can break or combine to get 1 mg of benzo. That is where you start off or where I did.

Now, you want 1 mg to make 10 ml for easy measuring. I use 2 ml of vodka to dissolve and pour in 8 ml of water to make 10 ml total. I am not sure on milk but would think you need 10 ml to make 10 ml as the pill dissolves in milk and is very minor in measurement. The measuring is easier based on a 10 scale.

Right now you are at .6 something per day per your signature, so with 10 ml of solution, you draw up 6 point whatever ml. I use a 3 ml syringe for the bigger draw (two measures of 3 ml) and then a smaller 1 ml syringe for the odd amounts. So, let's say you are at 6.1. Pull out 6 ml with using the 3 ml syringe two times and then get the .1 from the smaller syringe.

That would mean that you have left over solution each day until you reach .5 which is 5 ml of the mix. With 10 ml of solution made from a single 1 mg pill, the 5 ml dose would divide evenly with two doses of 5 ml or two days worth. There would be a tiny bit left over increasing as you go down on the taper.

If you are mixing daily, you do the math to figure your dose instead of subtracting. To subtract would be really tiny amounts to try to measure out. Also, the amount changes as you decrease. Remember that 5% of 100 is a bigger number than 5% of 10. The same holds true on your mixture except with smaller numbers. So, you can't just figure out 5% of the current dose and keep taking that amount off every time you cut.

To figure a new dose, just use Google. Put in the current amount and the minus sign and 5%.

Example: 6.1 ml - 5% =

The answer on Google is 5.75 (and you can round off) like to 5.8.

These are tiny little amounts of liquid. You'll be surprised. So, it would be very hard to divide small numbers by 3 or 4 or however many doses you want in a day. To make dosing easier, put your daily measure like the 6.1 ml in the one cup measure with marks on the side. Then add water (milk in your case I think) to fill to the one cup line. Then, you have your meds for the day and can pour out a quarter cup four times from the measuring cup or any combination you like.

On the math I stay on the calculator that comes up when you Google the first math question. I put in each new number and - 5% and do a list of several 5% cuts at one sitting and keep the list with my syringes and measuring cup. It's just easier to do it at one time and easier to remember how to do it.

I mix up my dose at night and keep the measuring cup in the refrigerator. I do pour my early morning 1/4 cup dose before bed to have it ready as I feel bad when I wake up. Then I pour again around lunch, dinner, and bedtime for four even doses per day. I can pour doses ahead to take with me if I'm not going to be at home, but usually I just pour the 1/4 cup right before I drink it.

My pills are .5 mgs.

So to review.

1.  I would dissolve two .5mg pills in 2ml of milk and then add 8ml of water or milk to the mix to get 10ml of liquid and pills.

2. Then I draw out 6.1 ml from that using a 3 ml syringe twice (which I have) and the additional .1.

3.  I put that all in a measuring cup and fill the cup with more milk or water. 

4. I then divide the doses into 3, using maybe 1/4 cup, 1/4 cup and then maybe 1/2 cup at night. 

To do the daily cuts that will equal 5% a month, I divide 5.8 by 30?

That's the part I'm stuck on.

Thank you.

Yes. That sounds right. I don't know how well water and milk mix. Perhaps someone can speak to that. I can't drink milk. But, all that sounds correct.

I don't really follow the part where you said 30. Let me look at that again. BRB

My pills are .5 mgs.

To do the daily cuts that will equal 5% a month, I divide 5.8 by 30?

That's the part I'm stuck on.

Thank you.

I think I understand what you are asking. If so, then you would be going down 100% in 30 days if you divide by 30 and subtract that much every day.

You want to reduce 5% in 30 days right?

So, let's take current at 6.11 dose per day.

Google 6.11 - 5% = 5.8

You are wanting to go down 5% in 30 days and be at 5.8 next month at this time.

Current 6.11 - 5.8 = .31

Okay, I'm following you now.

.31 divided by 30 days = .01 per day reduction

That works. Your percentages get a very tiny bit larger at the end of the month this way. It's not much, but do calculate the 5% again when you get to 5.8 next month.

Also, you may be able to cut more than .01 some days and may want to hold for a couple of days if feeling worse.

Thanks so much for all of this.

My first step is going to be to get my doses divided more evenly though the day. I don't know why that is making me nervous, I guess because of my insomnia at night.  I'm going to try and keep it heavier at night and then two small doses on the day. 

I just have to figure those amounts out. 

I do have morning anxiety and adrenaline rushes due to low cortisol.  I'm trying to work on my adrenals bit some of  it can be the Clonazapam leaving my system.