8 Years

[Ca...]

Hi Everyone,

Wow, 8 years, has it really been 8 years? I just wanted to send a quick message to let all of you who are in the thick of it that it DOES get better. I am not the same person I was before I started, but then again I am 8 years older. I am sorry you are going through this. I do feel that I have PTSD to some degree, and I do feel that some symptoms return from time to time, but they are very very minor reminders of the hell I endured, which is where the PTSD comes in.

The truth is that I was always a hypochondriac, but now the fear of my symptoms coming back still gets me from time to time, but those times are few and far between. I can do things today that I thought I would never do again. I feel, I laugh and I cry. My muscles don't twitch anymore and my anxiety is normal for me.  My stomach still gives me issues, but it may not be related, who knows and who cares.

Time is your friend, and the more time you spend dwelling, the more of your life you will miss. As time goes on you WILL feel better.

Please message me if you need some advice or just reassurance. I don't come on much at all, but I will sign on from time to time.

Good luck to you all. Life will go on again.

-Jason

Jason, great of you to come back and let us know how you are doing.  Yes it would be great to hear how long you have been feeling better.  Pardner

I feel bad to see someone that took benzos only for months and to come back and say that after 8 years there are still symptoms 😦. These are 8 years man.

Can you give us a timeline of how things progressed? Did you have any setbacks?

Yes, setbacks are a part of this screwed up game. I was bad for about three years with mostly muscle twitching, stomach issues, and anxiety. The first three years were bad but things progressively got better. The fear of it returning is always there but I don’t think about it too much these days.

Congratulations, Jason!

I’m hoping you healed years ago.  Thank you for posting.

SaraSue  :smitten:

I did.

Jason, great of you to come back and let us know how you are doing.  Yes it would be great to hear how long you have been feeling better.  Pardner

Definitely better for 5 years or so. After a while you stop counting, especially when life feels normal again.

I feel bad to see someone that took benzos only for months and to come back and say that after 8 years there are still symptoms 😦. These are 8 years man.

My symptoms are so minor......I am not sure if they are even related.

Going off benzos can only fix the symptoms caused by the benzos. The underlying problem that caused you to start taking them in the first place will still be waiting for you. Whatever that problem was, you might want to start preparing for how you will cope with it this time around.

For me it was a pounding heart, so i'm already working on ways without medication to cope with that. My current dose has the pounding heart back as a problem so I get lot's of opportunities to practice things that will get me through those periods.