Ready to Jump off Remeron???

[Po...]

I'm enduring a remeron taper. Im at 3.75mg now , down from 7.5 and its been miserable. Im wondering if it would be any worse to cut the 3.75 in 1/2 for a couple weeks, cut it in 1/2 again and then just get off. I can't image Id feel any shittier than I do now. Im sick of this crap :tickedoff: How worse could it be by just hurrying up and getting it the hell over with?

Pokey

• 2 weeks later...

You have had an awful time on it haven’t you. ?  Some have jumped at 7.5.

I have wobbled around the 12 mark in the past using the syrup.

When I come off it I will use phenergan for sleep and jump at 3.75 alternate nights, (long half life.) But I have the benzos to beat first.

Good luck with your plan

Best w

Dick.

Been at 3.75 for 3 weeks now. What I don’t understand is I wake up feeling like hell and it gradually improves over the course of the day and I feel half way normal by bedtime. I take my dose at bed time and wake up feeling crappy all over again. Mirtazapine has a 30 hour 1/2 life and once u cut the level of the drug in your system should be steady by the 5th day with no dips or peaks. But I seem to be on this diurnal pattern where mornings are terrible, things improve, feel better and then wake up feeling crappy again to repeat the cycle of misery. Any ideas anyone as to what is happening??

Pokey

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having the exact same feeling, although I'm still on 15mg for sleep. I think it's the drug and it's awful sedative effect that lasts through the morning. Are you still on the same dosage? Hoping w can get off these drugs.

Can I ask what your main symptom was during your taper? Feeling miserable is what I hear the most.

A few weeks ago I tried taking 3.5 mg to help me go to sleep. I slept for 16 hours. 16!!!  And felt like a brain dead zombie the whole next day. Completely unproductive. I’ve heard that Remeron is more sedating the lower the dose  ...  i’m guessing this could be why. I’m not taking it anymore.