looking for Ativan taper buddies!!

[Ch...]

I haven't yet decided if I'll do DLMT or cuts with a mg scale. I take .5mg A once a day. Looking for others who are tapering off of Ativan to be buddies with. I don't think I can do Valium taper (at least right now) as I didn't react well to it. Hoping we can be of support to each other!

I haven't yet decided if I'll do DLMT or cuts with a mg scale. I take .5mg A once a day. Looking for others who are tapering off of Ativan to be buddies with. I don't think I can do Valium taper (at least right now) as I didn't react well to it. Hoping we can be of support to each other!

Hi!

I'm also tapering off of Ativan. My worst time was right at the first part of tapering (1st half of April, 2019). It started getting a bit better in the last half of the month. I have a progress blog in case you want to read it.

• 2 weeks later...
I would like to be a buddy, I just posted in the Ativan thread, but would like to be on this thread also.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, are you doing the taper by cutting your pill and taking it several times a day....I currently am on 1mg of lorazepam and was wondering if anyone as cut 1 mg in half and take one in the morning and one at night. I thought maybe take it at 8 in the morning and 8 at night

I'm starting to taper off Ativan. I only take it at night to sleep. The dose is 1 mg. Should I keep cutting off that pill or split the pill in half and take 2 times a day

I am very interested in your taper. There are so few people on this wiki who are tapering off Ativan purely prescribed for sleep. The other Ativan support is great but everyone there is basically taking it for anxiety and doing DMLT. I got down to 3.5mn, then fuc...my cutting method and Now I am back over 3.5mg. I am going at such a snail's pace it is discouraging. My goal is to gradually taper down and preserve my sleep. Maybe that is not even possible I also take 1 mg of Xanax to prepare for the Ativan to work. I would like to taper that off first by my psychiatrist says no, that it is even harder to tape off than Ativan I would li.ke to follow your taper experience. Powerball

Hi, well I actually take it for anxiety also. The doctor had it written as" 1mg at night for sleep." She told me if I want to taper off of it, to split the pill in half so that you are getting a constant flow throughout the day. I haven't done that yet. It's a little scary. I feel that if I do, then I wouldn't be able to sleep. I'm still only taking at night and still at 1.125 mg from 1.50 mg 2 months ago and I can tell you that every time I cut, I've noticed withdrawals, especially head pressure and anxiety. I had slipped heartbeats when I first took a cut and realized I had to go slower. I was cutting every 2 weeks but now I'm waiting a month to stabilize. I plan on cutting a small amount this weekend. This is hard to do but I'm determined to get off this stuff. Everyone says to listen to your body and go slow. Hope you're doing well

• 1 month later...
Yogalife, There is also an Ativan Support Group and you are more than welcome to join us. Everyone has a different story. Powerball