"Many doctors are like drunk drivers on the highway"

[Fl...]

"Many doctors are like drunk drivers on the highway; it's not your fault but it is your problem" -Dr. Ken Berry

This is a very important video. I have been saying for years that if we were harmed by a supposedly safe, commonly prescribed drug, what other things have we been lied to about that have serious negative consequences to our health?

This video isn't about benzos, but it might as well be since you could substitute benzos for diet throughout most of this video. This video does a fantastic job f illustrating many of the reasons why doctors are mostly clueless about benzos.

Any bets on whether or not Dr. Berry is benzo wise, or at least would be open to the facts? Oh....lookie here......https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GWmt_EAB24

Extra points for the Sir Mix A Lot reference  :thumbsup:

Good stuff.. -Enjoyed...

I think it could help a some members understand aspects of their Drs decisions or opinions too..

Dr. Berry is my new favorite Youtuber. I ran across his vids several times while researching the keto diet and his materials really hit home. Just wish I could find a local doc who is this well informed about the stuff they should be well informed about.

• 2 weeks later...

After having tried one gabapentin, one time, and it acted like an overdose of methamphetamine (which came close to killing me, btw), and even after having sent him a 3 page report about why I wasn't ever going to touch the stuff again, my doctor has since tried to get me to take it THREE DIFFERENT TIMES AFTER.

What is WRONG with these people? Pills, pills, pills,pills, pills. Here, take a pill, any pill. The drug rep says it's okay, I promise.

Moron.

Dr. Berry is my new favorite Youtuber. I ran across his vids several times while researching the keto diet and his materials really hit home. Just wish I could find a local doc who is this well informed about the stuff they should be well informed about.

Does Dr Berry support keto diet?

After having tried one gabapentin, one time, and it acted like an overdose of methamphetamine (which came close to killing me, btw), and even after having sent him a 3 page report about why I wasn't ever going to touch the stuff again, my doctor has since tried to get me to take it THREE DIFFERENT TIMES AFTER.

What is WRONG with these people? Pills, pills, pills,pills, pills. Here, take a pill, any pill. The drug rep says it's okay, I promise.

Moron.

The prescription pad is the main tool in their toolbox. If they taught people to eat a proper diet and such you would be a one time customer, and that isn't a sustainable business model. The general public is also to blame- people want a quick fix and most probably wouldn't be willing to give up their lifestyle anyway. The public creates the demand for pills which doctors and big pharma are happy to supply.

Moron.

The prescription pad is the main tool in their toolbox. If they taught people to eat a proper diet and such you would be a one time customer, and that isn't a sustainable business model. The general public is also to blame- people want a quick fix and most probably wouldn't be willing to give up their lifestyle anyway. The public creates the demand for pills which doctors and big pharma are happy to supply.

Yeah, I know how it works. So many Catch-22's there, I don't know where to start. Seems my jackass GP didn't want me as a patient anymore once he realized I wasn't taking any more of his poison. Suggested ever so delicately (not) that perhaps I should start seeing another doctor. Problem is, seems once you change your lifestyle and eating habits, your body has a tendency to reject that poison and make you all kinds of sick. At least mine did. So I'm refusing their meds and keeping my money. Now that I'm getting over the benzos, they can just bite me. Except for my gynecologist and my chiropractor. My GP and rheumatologist can keep their Lipitor, steroids, NSAIDS, and BP meds. I'll fix it myself. Like that moose of a GP of mine has any business giving ME dietary advice. **grumble**