Benzo withdrawal during pregnancy?

[Yu...]

I am not pregnant but i think that many wonan who get pregnant ct their benzo and go in withdrawal. Are there any stories of benzo withdrawal and pregnancy?

A search in NHS uk websites doesn’t think talking benzos is awful in pregnancy.

But some might withdraw I guess, and with all that progesterone flying about symptoms might be unpredictable @))

Dick

[7b...]
Many years ago, I was tapering ativan and was down to .25 mg. when I got pregnant.  I immediately stopped it and went into a hellish withdrawal that didn't ease up until the 7th month of my pregnancy.  I was so afraid of hurting my baby, but looking back, the intense anxiety state I was in could not have been good for the baby.

I am sure are an excellent mum @)

🥰

Is the child healthy? I ask because if i get pregnant i will be very anxious.

[7b...]
Yes, he is 25 now but was born healthy.  He was extremely agile and ahead of himself in his development. Started walking at 8 months, learned to read at 3 years old, etc.

I CT'd Ativan and Remeron when I found out I was pregnant. I had an extremely rough pregnancy. I even had horrible thoughts about terminating it because I thought I wouldn't be able to handle another day of that torture. My baby was born with some issues and is still struggling with some stuff, needs special care.

I CT'd Ativan and Remeron when I found out I was pregnant. I had an extremely rough pregnancy. I even had horrible thoughts about terminating it because I thought I wouldn't be able to handle another day of that torture. My baby was born with some issues and is still struggling with some stuff, needs special care.

I’m very sorry.  :(

[7b...]
While it's true that my baby was born healthy and was ahead of himself developmentally, he was very hyper and was always thin.  Now as an adult he has some health issues that make me wonder if it had to do with my withdrawal whilst pregnant.  Of course, as mothers we always blame ourselves.

I would really like to see some studies done on this, or if nothing else, hear a bunch of anecdotal stories.  My gut feeling has always been that going c/t during pregnancy could result in miscarriage, cause that's a risk with opioids, and I've even heard that about smoking cigarettes, but I'm not 100% on that.  I tried to hard to stay off during my pregnancy but ended up reinstating.  My child is fine now, but the first week of his life he didn't eat much and lost too much weight and was very sleepy.  We had to vigilantly feed him every four hours until he gained the proper amount of weight.  Developmentally he seems fine now, at 10 years old.  He's very smart and hasn't really been sick much.