Author Topic: Anyone ever been misdiagonsed for biploar instead of just benzo tapering or WD?  (Read 213 times)

[Buddie]

Anybody ever get misdisagonsed with a mental condition from benzo use or WD?
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

I was DX’d with major depressive disorder and PTSD. I don’t have either. It was the Benzos.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

I have, but why do you ask?  Have you been diagnosed? How are you doing?

[Buddie]

I was diagnosed as borderline type 2 bipolar while on benzos and Trazadone then was tried for sleep.
Slammed on antipsychotic——one big mistake as 4 lost years. Of AP now.
Hope you get sense from your doc Trench
And how are you?..
Dick

[Buddie]

Yes and it was ridiculous . I was one year after I ct'ed off of Xanax . I still had breathing issues and my Dr said it was not withdrawal but either ms or a nervous breakdown !
 I was prescribed this for gall bladder surgery complications with is also ridiculous . I did not have a psychological condition . I may now after this exp though . A few years ago I also was diagnosed with PTSD but it was the benzos .