7 years ATIVAN FREE!

[cn...]

I don't know what made me log in to this site, as I have not logged in in nearly 5 years. To be honest, I almost forgot about it.

I'm so happy that a book I was reading reminded me of this website, that helped me when I was going through Ativan withdrawal.

I was on Ativan pretty consistently for 4 years. My anxiety kept getting worse and worse, and my Dr's answer was to always up my Ativan a little, but still just take it as needed.

I was always cautious, but after years and years of stranger and stranger symptoms, and worsening anxiety, I was at my wits end. I was tired of wasting money on therapists and psychiatrists that seemed to do absolutely nothing for me.

The Ativan always seemed to do the trick, until I was a mess all over again. So many strange cylces.

Then, I finally saw an article on benzos and tolerance withdrawal. I KNEW this was the answer! I went to my doctor, and he basically brushed it off, said I was being 'irrational', and said he'd never do anything to harm me. He said the Ativan he gave me was 'low dose', and would never do such harm.

I honestly can't Dr. bash him, simply because I honestly don't think he really knew benzos could cause this much chaos. Most doctors don't know, but I've noticed the education IS getting BETTER, which is great!

With the help of another Dr (who gave me Remeron to help ween) and a pharmacist, I was able to withdrawal successfully.

After being off Ativan for years, life was 10x better, but I still had bouts of insomnia etc.

I seemed to really like Remeron, and I NEVER seemed to have any withdrawal effects from it when I came off of it the 1st time, so I would use it in 'times of need', OFF + ON for a couple years after being off Ativan 100%.

It would do it's job. I loved it.

But, I learned another hard lesson... Even drugs like Remeron are not to be played with.

Even though I was able to withdrawal from it SEVERAL times, with short term use from it, one day, it decided to bite me in the butt.

The Remeron withdrawal was almost harder than the Ativan withdrawal. Strange, right?

I was confused at what was going on. I went back to the same Dr. who actually helped get me off Ativan with Remeron, and he said it was NOT the Remeron and that I was super sick, and needed meds for LIFE. I was DISGUSTED and IN SHOCK that the doctor that ONCE said "Ativan is the Devil. You are totally going through tolerance withdrawal. Let's get you off of it.", is not trying to TELL ME I NEED DRUGS FOR LIFE, after talking to me for 15 minutes. SCREW THAT DUDE. Mind you, I hadn't seen him in nearly 4 years. What happened is, he got super successful as a psychiatrist in our area, and got MONEY HUNGRY, and was writing scripts to ANYONE for $$$. That's so sad.

My brain told me to do more research on Remeron withdrawal, and I found several people in the same boat. Bad insomnia, bad anxiety etc.

I held strong for 2 weeks of ZERO sleep, and anxiety, and it's like a wall broke... EVERYTHING was just BETTER and CLEAR.

It went away. I finally learned my lesson, that just because it's not a benzo, doesn't mean you can just take it and mess with it.

I haven't touched a pharmaceutical in 4 years now, and haven't touched ATIVAN in over 7 years!!

I've been BENZO FREE for over 7 years! I can't believe it!

I can say, I have NOT HAD TO SEE A DOCTOR OR A COUNCELOR, OR ANYTHING IN 4 YEARS!!!

I have not had ONE OUNCE OF ANXIETY in 4 years!

IT ALL JUST LEFT!!!

I HEALED!!! I HEALED!!! I DID IT!!

I got the confidence to leave my GOOD PAYING job of 13 years, and start of OWN BUSINESS 2 years ago, and have been SUPER SUCCESSFUL. I am the #1 videographer and editor in my city.

If you new me 10 years ago, you would NEVER think I'd be able to do such thing with my anxiety issues.

LIFE IS GOOD! I MADE IT. YOU CAN TO!

I'm sorry I haven't logged in in forever! It's true! A lot of people do leave because THE GET THEIR LIVES BACK, and they simply just go back to LIVING.

I wanted to do my part and share my story.

YOU GOT THIS GUYS! :)

Congratulations on getting fully better! What were your primary mental symptoms? How did they progress?
  • Like 1

Hello cnotr! I thank you so much from the bottom of my heart for coming back and sharing your success story! Your story is very inspiring and gives hope to those of us still struggling that we will also heal and live a normal and healthy life when the right time comes.

May you continue to receive joy, peace and love with your well deserved healthy life. Again, thanks a million for taking time to share your story.

Blessings,

Pi

Thank you, cnotr, for coming back to share your story.  It's such an inspiration to hear of your success.

Best to you,

Flibberty

• 2 weeks later...

I was so happy to read your success story. I started taking Ativan as needed, but now I am having withdrawals after a couple days of not taking any. I prefer not to follow Ashton and am hoping you can help me. I have been logging it everyday and yesterday I realized I took it 10 days in March, 14 days in April and already this month...with 10 days until the month is over....I have already have taken it 16 days. So disappointed in myself that I let this happen.

I don't know how to taper it, but your story sounded similar to mine. Before I came back to BB, I read I need to first start taking equal amounts daily and taper from there. Would you please be able to help me? My pills are 1 mg. Thank you.

Thank you for sharing your story. So glad you are feeling better now. Is your sleep back to normal now? How long did it take for your sleep to get back to normal?

I am truly grateful that you came back to share your story! Thank you so much. It gives me hope! All the best to you and your continued healing and happiness! Congratulations.

:smitten: