Author Topic: Does anyone have this type of Anxiety?  (Read 2512 times)

[Buddie]

Does anyone have this type of Anxiety?
« on: August 07, 2010, 04:39:02 pm »
I have had Anxiety, afraid of having a Heart Attack or Seizure.
I'm Tapering very slowly, so I don't know why I have these fears.
Sometimes the fear of a Heart Attack or Seizure consumes me, and I lay very still, shaking.
I've never had a Heart Attack but a Seizure once, but that was from a cold turkey.
I'm just curious if anyone else feel fears of these specific problems.

Do any of you Buddies have this?

Thanks,
[...].
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

Re: Does anyone have this type of Anxiety?
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2010, 04:51:19 pm »
I am constantly worried about a physical problem with this.  I think mine is wd.  It's just hard to believe that this little pill can be the source of all of my problems but it is.    I focus on my hormones being an issue b/c that is what started my anxiety so it's my point of worry and fixation.   Hopefully it will go away when I am benzo free.
 :)
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2010, 06:55:12 pm »
Hi Keyrn, yes I experience this anxiety all the time. I am now Xanax free  it has been 9 months....but still have the shakes and anxiety and panic. They say this will heal that once are central nervous system comes out of shock things will get better. Hang on this is associated with withdrawal big time. I know it is frightening but this too shall pass. Thinking of you.

[Buddie]

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2010, 11:16:34 pm »
Thanks Mel and [...].

Yes my CNS is in shock, that's what it feels like, I'll be glad when I finish this taper and out of this nightmare.

Thanks,

[...].

[Buddie]

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2010, 11:22:40 am »
I have this even when I'm NOT in withdrawal. At one point (when I was on Xanax), my panic attacks were so bad I would LITERALLY check my pulse every 5 minutes... and then when the anxiety would creep up, it would be every 30 seconds... and then when I deemed it to be high enough, I had a full blown panic attack and had to put a Xanax under my tongue to relieve it.

I rarely check my pulse now... It was a very hard habit to break though. Its rare that I have a severe attack like that on Klonopin - I really think that it was all because of Xanax withdrawal. When I crashed from Xanax, I crashed hard and I crashed FAST. If I missed my dose by 30 minutes, it was sheer hell.

I've never been afraid of a seizure - but definitely a heart attack and a stroke. I feel for you. I can tell you that when this would happen, putting my head between my legs while sitting in a chair would calm me quite a bit - as long as I didn't keep checking my pulse and I could keep my legs from shaking like crazy. If you put your head between your legs as far down as you can so all the blood rushes to your head and just breathe like that for a few minutes, it really helps with that feeling.

[Buddie]

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2010, 11:43:18 am »
Yes, I sure do - and I have a heart problem to begin with - in 1993 I was diagnosed with vTAC after passing out.  I had to have a defibrillator
implanted and that is what caused all my anxiety to begin with.  And so I was always feeling my pulse and still do, but I take 80 mg of
Inderal and that keeps my heart pretty steady.  But it is frightening and I wonder what damage I'm doing to my heart, if any, by having all
this horrible anxiety.  I shake and my body jerks around - fast breathing - although I am now an expert at deep breathing.,  Just keep feeling
your pulse if that is what it takes to reassure you......and from everything I've read this w/d causes your mind to go to the scariest places
you know.  What a monster!  Try to tell yourself positive thoughts.  I went to a hypnotist and he helped me imagine flicking my negative thoughts off of my shoulder.  As soon as a negative thought enters your mind, flick it off and think something positivve.  It worked for me
for quite a while.........but sometimes I just go to the dark thoughts and can't control it.  So don't be too hard on yourself and recognize that it is just a thought and thoughts aren't REAL! 

[Buddie]

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2010, 01:41:20 pm »
I have this even when I'm NOT in withdrawal. At one point (when I was on Xanax), my panic attacks were so bad I would LITERALLY check my pulse every 5 minutes... and then when the anxiety would creep up, it would be every 30 seconds... and then when I deemed it to be high enough, I had a full blown panic attack and had to put a Xanax under my tongue to relieve it.

I rarely check my pulse now... It was a very hard habit to break though. Its rare that I have a severe attack like that on Klonopin - I really think that it was all because of Xanax withdrawal. When I crashed from Xanax, I crashed hard and I crashed FAST. If I missed my dose by 30 minutes, it was sheer hell.

I've never been afraid of a seizure - but definitely a heart attack and a stroke. I feel for you. I can tell you that when this would happen, putting my head between my legs while sitting in a chair would calm me quite a bit - as long as I didn't keep checking my pulse and I could keep my legs from shaking like crazy. If you put your head between your legs as far down as you can so all the blood rushes to your head and just breathe like that for a few minutes, it really helps with that feeling.

Ether, Thanks

I have heard of this method before from a friend. The Heart Attach Phobia is one of the reasons I was landed on Benzos to begin with. My pulse now at 34mg of Valium (Still a lot.) This ranges from 90-140- Heart Rate, sometimes while laying down even 'Resting Heart Rate'. After my first panic attack back in 2002, that's when my Heart Attack Phobia began, had numerous EKG's, all normal. Just a fear I will have to get over.
Thanks,
[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2010, 01:43:06 pm »
Yes, I sure do - and I have a heart problem to begin with - in 1993 I was diagnosed with vTAC after passing out.  I had to have a defibrillator
implanted and that is what caused all my anxiety to begin with.  And so I was always feeling my pulse and still do, but I take 80 mg of
Inderal and that keeps my heart pretty steady.  But it is frightening and I wonder what damage I'm doing to my heart, if any, by having all
this horrible anxiety.  I shake and my body jerks around - fast breathing - although I am now an expert at deep breathing.,  Just keep feeling
your pulse if that is what it takes to reassure you......and from everything I've read this w/d causes your mind to go to the scariest places
you know.  What a monster!  Try to tell yourself positive thoughts.  I went to a hypnotist and he helped me imagine flicking my negative thoughts off of my shoulder.  As soon as a negative thought enters your mind, flick it off and think something positivve.  It worked for me
for quite a while.........but sometimes I just go to the dark thoughts and can't control it.  So don't be too hard on yourself and recognize that it is just a thought and thoughts aren't REAL! 

Hop,

Sorry to hear all this, what you have been through.
This is good info.

Thanks,
[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2010, 08:01:53 pm »
I experience this frequently.

[Buddie]

« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2010, 08:23:50 pm »

Ether, Thanks

I have heard of this method before from a friend. The Heart Attach Phobia is one of the reasons I was landed on Benzos to begin with. My pulse now at 34mg of Valium (Still a lot.) This ranges from 90-140- Heart Rate, sometimes while laying down even 'Resting Heart Rate'. After my first panic attack back in 2002, that's when my Heart Attack Phobia began, had numerous EKG's, all normal. Just a fear I will have to get over.
Thanks,
[...]

[...],

Try the head between the legs and visualize a green energy flowing through your body when this happens and then slowly alternate it to blue. Green is the color of heart energy and when you have too much of a flux in heart energy, it fills the entire body and causes problems. Blue is the calming energy that comes (ironically) from your thyroid area on the body... Once you have done this a few times, you will calm your heart down... the mind is a completely different bag of potato chips but it usually goes away when the body calms down.