One year benzo free today!

[Pa...]

One year benzo free! I'm so happy guys I never thought that I could make it after 23 years of use. Benzos were ok for a time, after they were not, I used them for social anxiety but after a while they brought more problems than solutions, so I've spent half my life trying to get rid of them. I'm so thankful for my love of the English language because most of the doctors don't know the dangers and how to help you with this physical dependence and searching I found benzo fellow sufferers and the great help of the Ashton taper. All those years I was mostly on bromazepam 3mg highest dose but I was switched to other benzos along the way, clonazepam 2mg auggg nasty drug! This year was a ride but I'm thankful to be far from this little devilish pills. The first days were horrible, physical and psychological symptoms, headaches, dizziness, the time didn't pass as fast as before, but eventually and with the help of TIME and a great psychologist I'm in a better place today. What reassured me was that what I was feeling happened to you all as well, not nice but really helpful, the knowledge that it's benzo withdrawal is a blessing! After 30 years I quit my job in the early days and I still can't return because I'm still stress intolerant, I have the help of my family and mostly the understanding. I'm so much better guys be patient that it really gets better. I'm still plagued with a bit of insomnia, I can't sleep more than four hours I wake up and then I sleep one or two hours, I usually take a nap, sometimes its toxic but I can't held my eyes open, and the worst it's still tinnitus that I have 24/7 it's a metallic sound in my head I guess it's the neurons making false connections, I guess that the day it's gone I'll be healed. For the first time I have made appointments with 4 otoneurologist here in Argentina to know if they have a solution for it, I'm not sure but I'll give it a try (no meds for me but maybe coping skills). I'm grateful for the wonderful group of admins and people that help with tips and encouragement I'm sure one day we will all feel ok as long as we stay far from these poisons and similar poisons, the only cure is time. In case of doubt make an appointment with a doctor, but I bet most of the things we feel are related to the brain damage this poison exposed us. I'm here for you guys! Take care and I pray for your well-being! :D:smitten:

One year benzo free! I'm so happy guys I never thought that I could make it after 23 years of use. Benzos were ok for a time, after they were not, I used them for social anxiety but after a while they brought more problems than solutions, so I've spent half my life trying to get rid of them. I'm so thankful for my love of the English language because most of the doctors don't know the dangers and how to help you with this physical dependence and searching I found benzo fellow sufferers and the great help of the Ashton taper. All those years I was mostly on bromazepam 3mg highest dose but I was switched to other benzos along the way, clonazepam 2mg auggg nasty drug! This year was a ride but I'm thankful to be far from this little devilish pills. The first days were horrible, physical and psychological symptoms, headaches, dizziness, the time didn't pass as fast as before, but eventually and with the help of TIME and a great psychologist I'm in a better place today. What reassured me was that what I was feeling happened to you all as well, not nice but really helpful, the knowledge that it's benzo withdrawal is a blessing! After 30 years I quit my job in the early days and I still can't return because I'm still stress intolerant, I have the help of my family and mostly the understanding. I'm so much better guys be patient that it really gets better. I'm still plagued with a bit of insomnia, I can't sleep more than four hours I wake up and then I sleep one or two hours, I usually take a nap, sometimes its toxic but I can't held my eyes open, and the worst it's still tinnitus that I have 24/7 it's a metallic sound in my head I guess it's the neurons making false connections, I guess that the day it's gone I'll be healed. For the first time I have made appointments with 4 otoneurologist here in Argentina to know if they have a solution for it, I'm not sure but I'll give it a try (no meds for me but maybe coping skills). I'm grateful for the wonderful group of admins and people that help with tips and encouragement I'm sure one day we will all feel ok as long as we stay far from these poisons and similar poisons, the only cure is time. In case of doubt make an appointment with a doctor, but I bet most of the things we feel are related to the brain damage this poison exposed us. I'm here for you guys! Take care and I pray for your well-being! :D:smitten:

That was a fabulous post PatriArgentina. So happy for you and hope the last symptoms go away soon.

:clap: :clap: :clap:    :balloon: :balloon: :balloon:    :yippee: :yippee: :yippee:  congratulations and please keep us posted.  Lots of luck!! Mary 🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀

I am so happy for you! I have a similar story. I healed after thirty years on benzos and ADs that zI did not really need. Benzos caused my depression, plus many more things .Good for you, getting off this benzo train.

east

I heartily congratulate you on this achievement! You are a great example for all of us! God bless you! ❤

• 1 month later...
It's good to hear that someone can improve after 23 years of use. I had 16 years of use whe n I finally quit after a long struggle one year ago tomorrow. Because of my length of use and my age being 66, I did not hold to regain all my abilities. I still have highs and liws, but am about 80% better, and am extremely thankful.

It's good to hear that someone can improve after 23 years of use. I had 16 years of use whe n I finally quit after a long struggle one year ago tomorrow. Because of my length of use and my age being 66, I did not hold to regain all my abilities. I still have highs and liws, but am about 80% better, and am extremely thankful.

Marjorie, that is so great, 80% is amazing, hope the last 20% just disappear in your sleep soon and you wake up 💯 %.  Congratulations, Mary ♥️

I think that we will all eventually get better, I feel better than last year but not yet healed. I still have this electrical sound in my head 24/7, aka tinnitus (not sure if it's tinnitus really) and I sleep too much (I can sleep 7 hours at night and a short nap, happy for that though it feels toxic), some intestinal problems, but on the bright side I'm planning to study next year, a 3 years course to get my degree as surgical assistant (instrumentalist) at my "old" age, 58, so I'm happy with myself and for quitting these damned pills. Take care and live the life!