Dosage times...doc has me take Valium only once a day. Thoughts, advice please ❤️

[Mo...]

Well. I felt my doc’s plan to crossover to Valium at 4mg once a day in the morning would work but I’m suffering terribly now.  I’ve been on this for 2 weeks now.  If you look at my signature you’ll see what the plan is.

I’m going to see him next week but I’m wondering if I can do anything to help myself until then.  I was thinking dosing the Valium 4 times a day 1mg with my Ativan dose...to make it more even...opinions anyone?

I’m having a terrible time with concentration and memory and I can’t do anything that requires thinking,  like my brain has been sucked out of my head...no motivation and just feel like an empty shell.  No appetite but I force myself to eat. 

I showed him the Ashton crossover but he said it was too complicated and I have to follow his advice for my disability payments to continue.  Feel totally screwed.

Sorry for the tone of my post but I’m so tired of this and it’s just the crossover.

Thank you everyone

Cheers,

MP

Well. I felt my doc’s plan to crossover to Valium at 4mg once a day in the morning would work but I’m suffering terribly now.  I’ve been on this for 2 weeks now.  If you look at my signature you’ll see what the plan is.

I’m going to see him next week but I’m wondering if I can do anything to help myself until then.  I was thinking dosing the Valium 4 times a day 1mg with my Ativan dose...to make it more even...opinions anyone?

I’m having a terrible time with concentration and memory, like my brain has been sucked out of my head...no motivation and just feel like an empty shell.  No appetite but I force myself to eat. 

I showed him the Ashton crossover but he said it was too complicated and I have to follow his advice for my disability payments to continue.  Feel totally screwed.

Sorry for the tone of my post but I’m so tired of this and it’s just the crossover.

Thank you everyone

Cheers,

MP

From the calculator benzo crossover, not a Dr, but seems she was fair in the valium, but valium effects

so many people differently .  Valium has a long half life, so in my opinion, you should be able to add 1 mg to your Ativan to see if that helps you.  Just a different way to crossover and if it works, you may want to do your whole crossover that way.  Good luck, hope it helps, Mary 💜

Thanks for responding Mary ❤️

I’m on a controlled taper so I don’t have any extra pills...doc’s are really strict in Canada about benzos.

I’m having really bizarre and scary thoughts like if I put a fork down on the counter I ask myself why did I do that and then an internal conversation starts...like I’m going nuts.  I’ve been trying to just acknowledge the thoughts and not start down the rabbit hole ie internal conversation.

I know I shouldn’t be on here doing this as it probably gives more meaning to the thoughts but I’m just so weirded out.

Thanks again for listening doll...I wish you a fantastic day ❤️

Thanks for responding Mary ❤️

I’m on a controlled taper so I don’t have any extra pills...doc’s are really strict in Canada about benzos.

I’m having really bizarre and scary thoughts like if I put a fork down on the counter I ask myself why did I do that and then an internal conversation starts...like I’m going nuts.  I’ve been trying to just acknowledge the thoughts and not start down the rabbit hole ie internal conversation.

I know I shouldn’t be on here doing this as it probably gives more meaning to the thoughts but I’m just so weirded out.

Thanks again for listening doll...I wish you a fantastic day ❤️

Just a thought, are you on 2 mg pills, break in two, they break pretty even and as long as you get the whole 4 mgs, that if they are a little off at a dose, you even it out next dose.  ;)

Yes, I have 2mg pills.  If I do break dose in 4 how long would it take for me to see a difference?

Yes, I have 2mg pills.  If I do break dose in 4 how long would it take for me to see a difference?

You would break into 4 1 mgs and take with your Ativan.  Can't tell you how long, because everyone one reacts so differently.  I don't think long, just in my opinion. :)