1mg xanax taper off plan

[pa...]

Hi everyone! First, I have to admit that the existence of this forum gave me a major boost in hope; much needed! I am reaching out for some more hope, inspiration, and guidance.

I have suffered from anxieties and depression all my adult life. Xanax was a great relief, until the benefits disappeared and it became a nightmare.

Here is my history and short term plan. I begun my tapering off 1 week ago and so far things have been difficult, but manageable.

xanax 1 mg          Sep 1 2018 - Apr 31 2019 (8 months)

xanax 0.75 mg      May 1 2019 - May 14 2019 (2 weeks)

xanax 0.625 mg    for 2 weeks

Any thoughts? So far my symptoms have been manageable.

May all of you find peace and happiness.  :)

Those are some pretty large cuts and there is a good chance it will catch up with you. I'm reducing 15% a month but reducing by .5% a day of my total dose and having 0 symptoms. This isn't a race to get off as fast as possible. Keep an eye on your symptoms, if you're not having any then you may be someone who can go at that rate. Just keep in mind the side effects will kick in days to a week after your reduction and you'll know then and it will be tough to backtrack.

I too am currently on 1mg 1x/day for about 50 days and have not started a taper yet. I'm trying to figure out best way. I am having symptoms of dependency ie nervousness, slight trembling, ear ringing, insomnia. After taking dose it seems to last only 4 hrs. so that is the amount of sleep I currently get. I think best  is to start with 5% reduction. Any recommendation on a scale to use?

I too am currently on 1mg 1x/day for about 50 days and have not started a taper yet. I'm trying to figure out best way. I am having symptoms of dependency ie nervousness, slight trembling, ear ringing, insomnia. After taking dose it seems to last only 4 hrs. so that is the amount of sleep I currently get. I think best  is to start with 5% reduction. Any recommendation on a scale to use?

Hi MrDetermined, (great name BTW)  :)

I have a Gemini 20 gram scale

as seen here: 

Since I don't need it, if you like this model I'm happy to mail it out to you, as early as today.  I have the tweezers, instructions, weights etc everything it comes with.  It works perfectly well and I had confidence in it while cutting tablets.  Let me know  :)

-PH 🌷

Hi, I replied on another thread of yours.. I am pondering on your choice of 5%, -as opposed to say 10%, But thats as varied as your future plans may also be.. You could well be spot on the money...

Considering your shortish use, Im just trying to keep an eye towards minimising any unnesissary time delay..

Obviously 5% might be a help if you are also making dose frequency changes, and aiming for more stability... People often hold their dose for a bit just from making those changes alone...

It can help to keep a good record of your tapering and symptom profile, as much as we dont like to fixate on it, -and if not already doing so..

:)

Thanks, I will start splitting my dose tonight. .5mg and another .5mg in the am. My wife is going to be out of town for 10 days so I do not want to start a taper without her here.

Hi all,

PeaceFullHope - if no else wants your scale and you want to get rid of it, let me know as I need help with tapering on my pills.

I am on 2.25 mg Xanax which I split into 4 does per day.  Having a rough go this cut, 15 days into this one or so.  This has been the roughest one so far and do not know why....

I hope everyone is having a decent day.

Julia

Started my dose split today. Took .5mg at 9am and will take the rest at 9pm. I'll see how it goes. I do wonder how long it takes to know you have the green light so I can start my taper? I gave myself 5 days but reall want to get started on my taper. I plan to start with 10% reduction .5 off each dose.  Peace

Started my dose split today. Took .5mg at 9am and will take the rest at 9pm. I'll see how it goes. I do wonder how long it takes to know you have the green light so I can start my taper? I gave myself 5 days but reall want to get started on my taper. I plan to start with 10% reduction .5 off each dose.  Peace

I would like to think you will know within a couple of days.. Just cant guarantee it... :(

Best wishes..

Made my dose split yesterday. Was doing good first day. Now getting waves of anxiety, hot one minute, cold the next. goes in waves. I am hoping to start my taper Saturday since I will have someone with me. Kind of struggling right now trying to stay focused.

The stability is important too, so I wouldnt rush to taper much...

It seems to me that your body is missing the higher medication peaks, If so, then tour body is already doing some adjustment to a lower peak dose, -but gaining more stability in the low trough...

In Effect, your body is tapering, -Just without lowering your overall daily dose yet..

I hope things get easier soon... Sending strength, -It realy is such a horrid feeling when things are bad...

Try to distract with something, drink plenty of water, and deep breathing can realy help...

Best wishes...

Could anyone tell me when I start to taper, how many doses to prepare? I’m only given two weeks worth at a time (60). I’m concerned there may be times I’m too sick to cut. Thanks Mr

Help please Can anyone point me to a taper spreadsheet to start cutting my Xanax? I tried making my own spreadsheet but my brain is not working right and i'm not sure about my math.  I would like to start tapering off soon!

Help please Can anyone point me to a taper spreadsheet to start cutting my Xanax? I tried making my own spreadsheet but my brain is not working right and i'm not sure about my math.  I would like to start tapering off soon!

Did you get this sorted..?  -Jim Hawk has one available, -but im not sure if he is..?? I Imagine he has it linked on his Sig or somewhere... Try the Micro Taper, or Titration Boards, if no luck..

One step at a time, -you will get there..

:)

Another question. I read on this blog a post from Buddie that he switched over to Klonopin first since it is 1 to 1 with Xanax. Would this be wise? Not sure if I could get my doctor on board with this.

Another question. I read on this blog a post from Buddie that he switched over to Klonopin first since it is 1 to 1 with Xanax. Would this be wise? Not sure if I could get my doctor on board with this.

Its an option I guess.. But we see problems with C/Os too at times.. Best for others to comment on that, as I havnt done a benzo Cross Over..

Started my taper this morning. Based on posts and what I have been able to discern, I moved from .5mg Xanax twice a day9am & 9pm to this schedule to hopefully offer me more stability:

9am .25mg

3pm .25mg - minus 10% (by weight)

9pm .25mg

3am .25mg - minus 10% (by weight)

Its been 4hrs into this schedule. I feel anxious but I think this is mainly being scared.

• 4 weeks later...