What else can be done?

[f4...]

[f4...]

Hi Everyone,

I am 4 months out from a fast taper from clonazepam.  I am dealing with horrible mental symptoms:

Intrusive thoughts/memories

Forgetting something and looping on it for hours/days

Hyperawareness/Metathinking/Introspection of my thoughts (feels like my brain is searching for thoughts in my head)

Ruminating thoughts (playing conversations, things I have read/watched over in my head constantly)

Scared of my thoughts in general

Mental Akathisia (brain is going to fast for what I am doing)

Panic feeling in brain 24/7

I don't have any physical symptoms at all and manage to sleep fine

Pretty much it feels like there is nothing else out there besides the thoughts in my head.  I now know what trapped in my mind feels like and feel for all the patients in the psych wards.

I made the mistake of researching down the BB rabbit hole and found someone who had the same symptoms as me.  Unfortunately, they were diagnosed with MS and passed away.

My question is should I seek help from a psychologist?  The feeling of being trapped in your head 24/7 is horrifying and honestly makes me feel like doing something deep down I don't want to do and honestly am too scared to do.  I understand time is the best healer in this but I am concerned I am just digging myself more into this anxiety loop.  It's easy to see how certain symptoms can disappear but this doesn't feel like something that I am just going to snap out of. 

I have suffered from generalized anxiety disorder with an extreme awareness of it for about 9 years now.  Even being on benzos on actually helped with the panic attacks but nothing else.  What I am experiencing now is 100X worse than what I was put on them for and that was only 6 months ago!

For those of your seeing any sort of psychologist or alternative therapy, please let me know if it helped you at all.

Yes, CBT helped.  I learned about it before I went into withdrawals and was able to apply it during that rough time.  Hang in there!

Hi Everyone,

I am 4 months out from a fast taper from clonazepam.  I am dealing with horrible mental symptoms:

Intrusive thoughts/memories

Forgetting something and looping on it for hours/days

Hyperawareness/Metathinking/Introspection of my thoughts (feels like my brain is searching for thoughts in my head)

Ruminating thoughts (playing conversations, things I have read/watched over in my head constantly)

Scared of my thoughts in general

Mental Akathisia (brain is going to fast for what I am doing)

Panic feeling in brain 24/7

I don't have any physical symptoms at all and manage to sleep fine

Pretty much it feels like there is nothing else out there besides the thoughts in my head.  I now know what trapped in my mind feels like and feel for all the patients in the psych wards.

I made the mistake of researching down the BB rabbit hole and found someone who had the same symptoms as me.  Unfortunately, they were diagnosed with MS and passed away.

My question is should I seek help from a psychologist?  The feeling of being trapped in your head 24/7 is horrifying and honestly makes me feel like doing something deep down I don't want to do and honestly am too scared to do.  I understand time is the best healer in this but I am concerned I am just digging myself more into this anxiety loop.  It's easy to see how certain symptoms can disappear but this doesn't feel like something that I am just going to snap out of. 

I have suffered from generalized anxiety disorder with an extreme awareness of it for about 9 years now.  Even being on benzos on actually helped with the panic attacks but nothing else.  What I am experiencing now is 100X worse than what I was put on them for and that was only 6 months ago!

For those of your seeing any sort of psychologist or alternative therapy, please let me know if it helped you at all.

If you feel you need help, get it, no one can answer that for you.  If nothing else, it may help to find out its just withdrawal and will pass.  Good luck, Mary 🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀

Hi Kornyboyo,

I'm 2+ months out from Valium taper.  The mental symptoms more problematic than the physical.  I experience much of what you describe, so you are not alone.  I do believe it will improve with time. 

I think CBT is a really good idea. 

Dee

I was similar in my symptoms for the first six months, both mental and physical Akathisia.

I had to physically pace the floors for the first two months, no choice but to stand and walk.

Then I could sit and read benzo buddies for about two minutes before jumping up to pace again.

There was no way to stop. Eventually at the end of the day I could relax for an hour.

I still have mental Akathisia at 10% of old intensity in long waves. It's like listening to the

brain talk to itself. Therapy helped a little, it got me out of the house, gave me a destination

and my therapist was acceptable and sometimes interesting. She made good suggestions

and didn't push when I had a terrible day. An over active mind is common, when it stops

briefly the difference of a quiet mind and relaxed thinking is startling.  You'll get there.  :thumbsup:

I was similar in my symptoms for the first six months, both mental and physical Akathisia.

I had to physically pace the floors for the first two months, no choice but to stand and walk.

Then I could sit and read benzo buddies for about two minutes before jumping up to pace again.

There was no way to stop. Eventually at the end of the day I could relax for an hour.

I still have mental Akathisia at 10% of old intensity in long waves. It's like listening to the

brain talk to itself. Therapy helped a little, it got me out of the house, gave me a destination

and my therapist was acceptable and sometimes interesting. She made good suggestions

and didn't push when I had a terrible day. An over active mind is common, when it stops

briefly the difference of a quiet mind and relaxed thinking is startling.  You'll get there.  :thumbsup:

I had akethesia myself for a long time after my CT!! Complete torture!!! Truth be told...if that symptom fades away...any of them will. That was some out of this world shit to deal with!!!! Sheeesh!! So dam relentless!

Fast forward to now....alls well and everything is gone.

Please hold tight ...you can get through this!! You have what it takes!!

Kornyboyo...Yes.  Find a good therapist or psychologist who can help you learn some methods to 'get out of your head.'  We know our heads are a dangerous place to be stuck in.  Even escaping for short periods really can help.  Distraction is fine but you need the big guns that you can pull out whenever you need to.  Helps after acute too.  I was surprised how much control I could have over my thoughts.  Give it a try and hang in there.

I agree with all these replies. Benzo wd can definitely cause what you are feeling, but it it wont hurt to talk to someone IN PERSON. Just don't expect them to know anything about benzo wd. Most practitioners will not believe you. And why that is remains a mystery.

Let us know how you are doing, please.

east