Seven months after cold Turkey

[ba...]

It's been seven months since the last pill. What a struggle!!! I don't take any medication. I want to thank God and all of you for your strong support! I love you all and pray for all the heroes of the war on benzodiazepine. Healing continues step by step. Hugs to all of you! ❤

Hi Bazil,  Nice going!  How are you doing symptom wise?  I just finished my 5th month.  We are definitely healing.

Congratulations, Bazil.

You’re doing great.  I appreciate your positive posts!!  Keep on, we are healing!!

SaraSue  :smitten:

Thanks friends! Some symptoms are gone, some are left. Pain in the stomach, the headaches became easier, the panic attacks in the morning became much easier. Remained pain in feet, the eyes of. Still there are very dark days, but they pass quickly! Hold on friends! Embrace❤

Congrats,

Im seven months off as well. Dizziness, lightheadedness, headaches, and some vision issues remain for me. My depression and anxiety have pretty much left so I am thankful for that. Hopefully, at a year off we will be much better off.

Stay strong,

Fp

Congratulations Bazil! I’m so happy to see your positive post. Keep on keeping on benzo warriors!

❤️Vic

Stick with it, my friends. We CT people are sort of frowned on by taper people, but I also know that for some, going CT IS their best choice. For whatever reason you got off benzos this way, never be ashamed of it. All of you will heal.

It does not seem to matter HOW you get off benzos, as taper people suffer just as badly as we do. All of you are OFF benzos now and the real healing is already going on.

We are real benzo warriors.

[19...]

It's been seven months since the last pill. What a struggle!!! I don't take any medication. I want to thank God and all of you for your strong support! I love you all and pray for all the heroes of the war on benzodiazepine. Healing continues step by step. Hugs to all of you! ❤

Great job, Bazil – I’m so glad that you’re making such great progress!

:smitten:

Eastcoast, I dislike hijacking such a positive thread, but I have to take issue with your comment that ‘taper people’ look down on us because we cold-turkeyed, and that ‘shame’ is somehow part of the equation. That is is simply not the case, so please do not perpetuate this kind of false narrative.

Cold turkeys are not recommended, because folks who are able to taper slowly *before* they reach tolerance tend to have an easier time of it than they would if they simply went cold turkey before becoming ill.

Gratuitous comments like this only stir up people’s anxiety. We’ve gotten a number of complaints from members on your numerous pro-cold-turkey posts, of which this is only one.

Please stop now, or your posts will have to be pre-moderated.

Thank you.

Stick with it, my friends. We CT people are sort of frowned on by taper people, but I also know that for some, going CT IS their best choice. For whatever reason you got off benzos this way, never be ashamed of it. All of you will heal.

It does not seem to matter HOW you get off benzos, as taper people suffer just as badly as we do. All of you are OFF benzos now and the real healing is already going on.

We are real benzo warriors.

Edit: Typos

Thank YOU Leslie...please do NOT cold turkey if you can taper. I also do not see people who tapered suffering for a long time - quite the opposite. I personally have only gotten better as I've tapered.

eastcoast - I really wish you would stop posting that cold turkey is a good idea or that people who taper suffer. It really has freaked out a bunch of people and you are in no way in any position to predict the outcome of anyone's taper. I really wish, and I say this with kindness and with compassion for so many people on here, that you would stop constantly posting your ill-informed opinions as if they are facts. I saw you encourage someone to cold turkey off of a big dose of Xanax and then say you were a nurse...no one should ever tell someone to cold turkey. It's very dangerous to do that.

It does not seem to matter HOW you get off benzos, as taper people suffer just as badly as we do.

Hmm....according to this post Prof, Ashton's research was invain and wrong ?

I hope newbies don't see this.....they must think they joined cuckooland..

Way to go  Bazil4uk.....wish you a speedy recovery.  :smitten:

Professor Ashton is absolutely right! I don't wish anyone the pain of a Cold Turkey. Sometimes it is beyond human strength and very dangerous. I jumped because I had no knowledge. Hold on everyone! Hugging and wishing you a speedy recovery❤

So PROUD of you!! Keep pushing forward! You GOT this!