Dividing up the daily dose

[...]

Hi all,

I'm currently taking the following doses of lorazepam (3 doses per day):

Daily dosage - 2.75 mg

Dose 1 (6 am) - 0.5 mg

Dose 2 (2 pm) - 0.5 mg

Dose 3 (10 pm) - 1.75 mg

I originally started taking this drug only at bedtime for sleep.  After learning more about this drug and the interdose withdrawals that can occur, and to prepare for the taper, I started dividing my 1 bedtime dose per day into 3 doses per day. 

Now I'm going to switch to four doses per day.

This is my proposed dosing:

Daily dosage - 2.75 mg

Dose 1 (9 am) - 0.35 mg

Dose 2 (3 pm) - 0.5 mg (so I can take a pill, since I have lorazepam prescriptions in both liquid form and pill form)

Dose 3 (9 pm) - 1.5 mg

Dose 4 (3 am) - 0.4 mg

I'm already worried that by reducing the bedtime dose from 1.75 mg to 1.5 mg under my proposed taper schedule, that I won't sleep or that I'll get jolted awake (like I did when I tried to go off before, cold turkey, unwittingly).

Does it matter if the four doses throughout the day are very different, or if there is one big dose and three much smaller but fairly equal doses?  Or should I try to do my best to get all 4 doses equal early on in the taper? I would really appreciate hearing about people's knowledge of/ experiences with this.  Any suggestions for my particular case would be welcome as well.  For example, how much would I suffer if I went down from 1.75 mg at bedtime to 1.25 mg?  Would the newly added 3 am dose of 0.4 mg help minimize the suffering? :)  Thank you!

Hi all,

Daily dosage - 2.75 mg

Dose 1 (6 am) - 0.5 mg

Dose 2 (2 pm) - 0.5 mg

Dose 3 (10 pm) - 1.75 mg

I originally started taking this drug only at bedtime for sleep.  After learning more about this drug and the interdose withdrawals that can occur, and to prepare for the taper, I started dividing my 1 bedtime dose per day into 3 doses per day. 

Daily dosage - 2.75 mg

Dose 1 (9 am) - 0.35 mg

Dose 2 (3 pm) - 0.5 mg (so I can take a pill, since I have lorazepam prescriptions in both liquid form and pill form)

Dose 3 (9 pm) - 1.5 mg

Dose 4 (3 am) - 0.4 mg

I'm already worried that by reducing the bedtime dose from 1.75 mg to 1.5 mg under my proposed taper schedule, that I won't sleep or that I'll get jolted awake (like I did when I tried to go off before, cold turkey, unwittingly).

Does it matter if the four doses throughout the day are very different, or if there is one big dose and three much smaller but fairly equal doses?  Or should I try to do my best to get all 4 doses equal early on in the taper? I would really appreciate hearing about people's knowledge of/ experiences with this.  Any suggestions for my particular case would be welcome as well.  For example, how much would I suffer if I went down from 1.75 mg at bedtime to 1.25 mg?  Would the newly added 3 am dose of 0.4 mg help minimize the suffering? :)  Thank you!

I don't take the same benzo as you, so this is just my opinion.  As long as you manage your sxs and get your sleep, the dosing size should fit your needs.  Good luck 🍀 Mary

Hi all,

Daily dosage - 2.75 mg

Dose 1 (6 am) - 0.5 mg

Dose 2 (2 pm) - 0.5 mg

Dose 3 (10 pm) - 1.75 mg

Daily dosage - 2.75 mg

Dose 1 (9 am) - 0.35 mg

Dose 3 (9 pm) - 1.5 mg

Dose 4 (3 am) - 0.4 mg

I don't take the same benzo as you, so this is just my opinion.  As long as you manage your sxs and get your sleep, the dosing size should fit your needs. Good luck 🍀 Mary

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

...kinda what I said.  ;)