Tailbone pain

[he...]

Hi there my poor wife is still suffering the most sever unbearable tailbone,rectum , sacrum , buttock , vag pain ever almost 2 years , she literally can’t sit or lay down because of it , it’s started a chain reaction of burning hips , frozen shoulders, her skin burns from the tip of her toes to the top of her head , the pillow hurts her face , her clothes hurt water feels like shards of glass on her skin , her joints bones muscles hurt and burn , hands turning to claws other bad symptoms too but the fact of her feeling she’ll never ever sit or lay down without excruciating cruel unbearable sever pain is wearing her down , she was forced off 6 mg of Lorazepam 16 years use in less than to months, she only had previous neck injury and low back pain and was on a opiate , zanaflex and the benzo , the CDC said she couldn’t be on all three and her Dr ripped her off ruined her and dropped her , we both need help and reassurance please , I don’t want to lose her  😰 thank you

She WILL be able to lay down or sit without excruciating pain unless she had injuries prior to Benzo use that made it so.  This is Acute. It is horrible.  She will survive.  You need to believe that for her right now.  It is absolutely insane to be on that much and come off so quickly so just accept that this is going to be a very difficult process but that she WILL survive.  Take care.

I have had very similar symptoms. Please know it will get better, eventually. I know “eventually” is not helpful. I’m still recovering but it has gotten better. The sensations are from muscle spasms that are entrapping nerves, which are already hypersensitive. It is essentially extreme muscle tension. Anything you can help her do for muscle tension or anxiety will also help this. Hot showers, relaxing music, DEEP breathing. It will get better.

helpless, I had exactly the same thing you describe. It was beyond horrible.

What helped me was neurontin. I initially took a pretty high dosage -- 1800 mg a day -- then reduced it as my symptoms got better. I also explored marijuana and that was a godsend.

I saw a physical therapist who specialized in trigger point release therapy (muscles in my butt) and pelvic floor disorder (muscles that can only be accessed internally). That was a great help, also.

I was so bad I could not sit on anything other than a very soft, very fluffy pillow. Driving (I had to drive for work) was excruciating. I had to turn my underwear inside out because the seams hurt me so much. Ditto my socks. I thought I would lose my mind.

After my taper was over, this condition just gradually got better. I feel for your wife, however, because there's nothing to taper. She needs symptom relief.

I would really look into PT, and to help her with pain, perhaps consider marijuana, if not Neurontin.

I don't know if this is reassuring to you, but this condition does get better in time. I am not 100% pain free, but it's pretty good. I no longer see my PT, I am off Neurontin, I don't use mj except now and then for sleep.

I know what your wife must be going through. My heart goes out to her.

Katz

Hi sorry to hear your wife is suffering so badly, she's lucky to have you for support. Unfortunately this can be a common symptom of WD, only time can heal, but a heating pad w/moist heat was a life saver for me, as well as ice.I aslo take Aleve, but not sure if she can take that just yet. Hang in there- this will pass

• 2 years later...