DLMT preparation

[Fo...]

Hello,

I’m back with questions about DLMT preparations.  One of my Drs. gave me a Rx for liquid Ativan.

The amount of Ativan I’m taking now is less than when I posted questions about DLMT before. I’m trying to understand this as best I can so I don’t make any errors.

Builder gave me these calculations:

Combine 1 ml. of concentrated liquid (Ativan Intensol) with 19 ml. of water.

1 ml. + 19 ml. = 20 ml. =

20 ml. of solution with 2 mg. of  Ativan.

20 mls./2 mgs.  or

10 mls./1 mg. or

1 ml./.1 mg. 

So,  .1 mg. in 1 ml.

These are my questions:

1. I mix 6 ml. of Rx liquid Intensol with 114 ml.of water to make up a solution from which to take my daily doses, so I have the 1:19 ratio. Is this correct? and does it matter if I store it in glass or plastic?

2. My dose is 1.1875 mg. a day,so the daily dose that I draw up is 11.875 ml., is this right?

3. Is it better to round the amount of liquid I withdraw each day from my batch UP to 11.88 ml. or DOWN to 11.87 ml.?

4. My doses are 3 times a day:

.5 mg. in a.m.

.25 mg. at midday

.4375 mg. at night

When I withdraw my day’s dose, should I divide it into proportions similar to the dose I take in tablets right now? how do I do this?  - i.e. do I dilute it with water before taking it?

I would appreciate any advice and help. Thank you.

FD

Hello,

I’m back with questions about DLMT preparations.  One of my Drs. gave me a Rx for liquid Ativan.

The amount of Ativan I’m taking now is less than when I posted questions about DLMT before. I’m trying to understand this as best I can so I don’t make any errors.

Builder gave me these calculations:

Combine 1 ml. of concentrated liquid (Ativan Intensol) with 19 ml. of water.

1 ml. + 19 ml. = 20 ml. =

20 ml. of solution with 2 mg. of  Ativan.

20 mls./2 mgs.  or

10 mls./1 mg. or

1 ml./.1 mg. 

So,  .1 mg. in 1 ml.

These are my questions:

1. I mix 6 ml. of Rx liquid Intensol with 114 ml.of water to make up a solution from which to take my daily doses, so I have the 1:19 ratio. Is this correct?

Yes, correct.

and does it matter if I store it in glass or plastic?

Nope, doesn't matter.

2. My dose is 1.1875 mg. a day,so the daily dose that I draw up is 11.875 ml., is this right?

Yup!

3. Is it better to round the amount of liquid I withdraw each day from my batch UP to 11.88 ml. or DOWN to 11.87 ml.?

Doesn't matter.  Precision/accuracy isn't really important.

4. My doses are 3 times a day:

.5 mg. in a.m.

.25 mg. at midday

.4375 mg. at night

When I withdraw my day’s dose, should I divide it into proportions similar to the dose I take in tablets right now? how do I do this?  - i.e. do I dilute it with water before taking it?

I would draw up the full days dose, put it in a standard measuring cup, then top it up to  1 1/4 cup.  Take 2 @ 1/2 cup, 1 @ 1/4 cup.

I would appreciate any advice and help. Thank you.

FD

I have one more question. If I want to taper by 5% every 14 days, how do I figure that out?

I have one more question. If I want to taper by 5% every 14 days, how do I figure that out?

1.1875mg  X 5% = .06mg (rounded)

.06mg/14 days = .004mg/day

Thank you!

If the rate is .004 mg. a day, does that translate in mls. to .04 ml. a day, meaning I would reduce my dose by .04 ml. a day, for example:

Day 1: 11.87 ml.

Day 2: 11.83 ml.

Day 3: 11.79 ml.

Day 4: 11.75 ml.

Do I have this correct?

Thank you!

If the rate is .004 mg. a day, does that translate in mls. to .04 ml. a day, meaning I would reduce my dose by .04 ml. a day, for example:

Day 1: 11.87 ml.

Day 2: 11.83 ml.

Day 3: 11.79 ml.

Day 4: 11.75 ml.

Do I have this correct?

That's correct.

Thank you! Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions and give me the benefit of your experience - you don’t even know me, but you’ve been so very kind.

Be well.