Is Ct after week and a half use really considered ct?

[Ac...]

After only a week and a half Ativan 1-2mg a day. was it stupid to cold turkey?  Or is that too short to even consider tapering?

Everyone reacts to this medication differently. IMO, yes, it is considered a CT bc u abruptly stopped the medication instead of tapering. But after that short of usage would there actually b a need for a taper? Hard to say, I think that depends on what sort of side effects u experienced after cessation. I personally wouldn’t see a need to go back & taper after only a week & a half of usage but then again everyone is different. I know the first couple times I took xanax I CT’d after a couple month’s of use & was completely fine. I did have some side effects, but the duration in which they lasted & the intensity of them was barely noticeable. I would personally count ur blessings if u have not had any issues that r a cause for concern. I believe there r much healthier & less harmful ways to deal with the issues these medications r prescribed for. Good on u for at least doing some sort of research about possible side effects & wd. I sure wish I had done that before I ever started taking any benzo. No matter how bad u may think ur anxiety, insomnia, or other issues r, benzo’s only mask these. It doesn’t solve any of the problems. Just temporary relief for the time being. And then if used for a significant period of time without addressing the issues at hand? Then they’ll come back in full force & much more intense than they were before. If I were u I would just call it quits right now & avoid ever having to voluntarily put this stuff in ur body again. Now this is just my opinion, but I’m sure others with much experience would agree. Good luck

You would’ve done more damage with a taper imo

AGREED. The less u can consume of this stuff the better.

I unfortunately have some pretty bad symptoms actually(chest pain, pvcs, fatigue, swimmy head, feeling like I’m going to faint, insomnia, anxiety)but it’s been too long to try a taper now. Trust me I’m traumatized, I’ll never be taking them again. Im literally thinking about getting a custom medical bracket made to show I’m “allergic” to benzos. It really is insanity to me thinking of all the poor people out there being pumped full of these drugs ignorant to the damage they can do, and We can’t do anything to stop it.

I also find it so interesting how, I probably would have been so much better off right now if I had done heroin for a week. Or just how astronomically unlucky I could be to take the one drug that could hurt me in such a short time

I unfortunately have some pretty bad symptoms actually( pvcs, fatigue, swimmy head, feeling like I’m going to faint, insomnia, anxiety)but it’s been too long to try a taper now. Trust me I’m traumatized, I’ll never be taking them again. Im literally thinking about getting a custom medical bracket made to show I’m “allergic” to benzos. It really is insanity to me thinking of all the poor people out there being pumped full of these drugs ignorant to the damage they can do, and We can’t do anything to stop it.

Regardless of how bad the sx r right now, if u decide to go back & taper then there could b a chance that things could end up getting worse. It may relieve ur sx, but ur really just postponing the inevitable. I really believe that no matter what sx u have right now, ur CNS has still only had minimal exposure to the drug. I would keep it that way if it were me personally.

A year, damn sorry to hear that. I’m 7 months off. I have a stomach virus and a fever right now and being sick has cranked my symptoms up to ten, maybe worse then acute. I feel like an anvil, if I try to walk I have these moments where my body almost becomes paralyzed.  I never in my dreams would have guessed it might take me a year or two to improve but after this fever, any optimism I had left is gone.

A year, damn sorry to hear that. I’m 7 months off. I have a stomach virus and a fever right now and being sick has cranked my symptoms up to ten, maybe worse then acute. I feel like an anvil, if I try to walk I have these moments where my body almost becomes paralyzed.  I never in my dreams would have guessed it might take me a year or two to improve but after this fever, any optimism I had left is gone.

Wow. I know exactly what you mean and am so sorry you are feeling this way. I too had NO idea benzo wd could be that awful. And I am an RN who worked in a freaking detox place for quite a while. Going through benzo wd has truly been a real learning experience. I had just the same sensation, like I weighed 1000 lbs and every step felt so so difficult.

Keep in mind that if you have a current infection, that could ramp up your symptoms, but I bet you already know that. Once the infection dies down, you will again know where you are in benzo wd. Just never give up, because healing from this stuff is TRULY rewarding.

east