My Prayers Have Been Answered

[mi...]

Hello

My Prayers over the last two months have been answered.  Unknown to me, I started a rapid taper.  Horrible Horrible W/D.  Verge of Psychosis and too many symptoms to even list. I went from a 3mg K prescription down to 1.35 mg per day cut as of about 3 weeks ago. At one point I was unable to lift my head shoulders, arms because of tight, burning and weak muscles and bones.  It has subsided some and am know at least able to get up from bed and coach and function.  My taper was silent as my only support (brother) threatened me if I decided to start reducing my K.  He would send me to a detox or mental ward.  And about a month ago I approached my NP about doing a slow taper and her approach is a two month taper.  Since then I have been searching for a doctor who will work with me on a slow 5-10%, 2-4 week cut taper plan.  Well, I found one today!!!!

Yesterday, I made a suggested taper guide to follow and ordered a Gemini 20 mg Scale and should arrive tomorrow.  I have been using a pill cutter and razor blade.  Just eye balling the cuts.  Not accurate or precise enough.  Again it is a guideline and I will now have to listen to my body as time goes on.  I'm am still suffering from many intense symptoms but manageable enough to get through the day.  But the best part is I am no longer scared that I am going to have to face a rapid taper from my current NP.  This is by far one of the happiest days of my life.  You all know how scary it must be after knowing what hell a c/t or rapid taper might be after researching benzo w/d.

I look forward to participating with all of the BB's in the next couple of years getting support and providing support.  I have been reading the success stories everynight and have accepted the fact that the journey may be long and difficult but will look for the positives everyday and as I lay my head down to sleep every night I'll pray to God and thank him for one more day closer to being healed.

Miss Bella

That IS great news Bella..!!

-Off and running now..!! -as they say...

Can I ask, and it may be too early to know, but do you think she is just accepting, or perhaps more "fully aware" as to the potential challenges..??

Mine isnt overly benzo wise, but she sure is supportive and accepting, and even interested... It does give huge security... Im sure it will help our taper...

:)

Hello

My Prayers over the last two months have been answered.  Unknown to me, I started a rapid taper.  Horrible Horrible W/D.  Verge of Psychosis and too many symptoms to even list. I went from a 3mg K prescription down to 1.35 mg per day cut as of about 3 weeks ago. At one point I was unable to lift my head shoulders, arms because of tight, burning and weak muscles and bones.  It has subsided some and am know at least able to get up from bed and coach and function.  My taper was silent as my only support (brother) threatened me if I decided to start reducing my K.  He would send me to a detox or mental ward.  And about a month ago I approached my NP about doing a slow taper and her approach is a two month taper.  Since then I have been searching for a doctor who will work with me on a slow 5-10%, 2-4 week cut taper plan.  Well, I found one today!!!!

Yesterday, I made a suggested taper guide to follow and ordered a Gemini 20 mg Scale and should arrive tomorrow.  I have been using a pill cutter and razor blade.  Just eye balling the cuts.  Not accurate or precise enough.  Again it is a guideline and I will now have to listen to my body as time goes on.  I'm am still suffering from many intense symptoms but manageable enough to get through the day.  But the best part is I am no longer scared that I am going to have to face a rapid taper from my current NP.  This is by far one of the happiest days of my life.  You all know how scary it must be after knowing what hell a c/t or rapid taper might be after researching benzo w/d.

I look forward to participating with all of the BB's in the next couple of years getting support and providing support.  I have been reading the success stories everynight and have accepted the fact that the journey may be long and difficult but will look for the positives everyday and as I lay my head down to sleep every night I'll pray to God and thank him for one more day closer to being healed.

Miss Bella

That is a great post, please do slow down and listen to your body, but is so exciting you found a Dr willing to work with you.  Your attitude is positive, you are definitely on the right track!  Welcome,

Mary ☮️💜🙏☮️💜🙏

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...