Builder/ Long hold

[Li...]

Builder-

I was reading long hold thread. Oscar mentioned that you held for 2 yrs before resuming taper again. Is this true?

I have dry cut .02 mg for that last 2 nights. My sx’s are out of control. Am in hell. Wake this morning at 1:45 to terror and panic that had not let up. Arms numb. All symptoms. Body aches. Head,brain, eye, ear pressure. Nausea. Headache. Skin burning. Tinnitus.  Terror and crying. Been trying so hard to distract. Walked several miles yesterday. So much worse today.

I don’t think I’ve ever stabilized from protracted lex wd. (Same symptoms)

All that time in tolerance to lunesta. Ativan made me ill. Only crossed to 19 Valium in late October. Got down to 11 mg in 3 mo. Definitely bad symptoms, but not like this. Have had pneumonia, viruses, antibiotics since then. Held for 3 mo before I tried DLMT that didn’t work. Felt stable for only a day before I started this dry cut. 

I’m so afraid of going into tolerance and want off this Valium so bad. But this anxiety is too much. Can’t live like this.

Do you believe a long hold is a good idea for some people? If what I read is true, it worked for you and you walked off “fairly” easy.

Need help. HR and BP out of control. And I’m on BP med

Thank you

Builder-

I was reading long hold thread. Oscar mentioned that you held for 2 yrs before resuming taper again. Is this true?

I have dry cut .02 mg for that last 2 nights. My sx’s are out of control. Am in hell. Wake this morning at 1:45 to terror and panic that had not let up. Arms numb. All symptoms. Body aches. Head,brain, eye, ear pressure. Nausea. Headache. Skin burning. Tinnitus.  Terror and crying. Been trying so hard to distract. Walked several miles yesterday. So much worse today.

I don’t think I’ve ever stabilized from protracted lex wd. (Same symptoms)

All that time in tolerance to lunesta. Ativan made me ill. Only crossed to 19 Valium in late October. Got down to 11 mg in 3 mo. Definitely bad symptoms, but not like this. Have had pneumonia, viruses, antibiotics since then. Held for 3 mo before I tried DLMT that didn’t work. Felt stable for only a day before I started this dry cut. 

I’m so afraid of going into tolerance and want off this Valium so bad. But this anxiety is too much. Can’t live like this.

Do you believe a long hold is a good idea for some people? If what I read is true, it worked for you and you walked off “fairly” easy.

Need help. HR and BP out of control. And I’m on BP med

Thank you

1) Well, technically its true, but it was NOT a hold in the sense its usually used here on BB.  My peak dosage of V was 15mg/day, and I started a C&H taper (.5mg/14 days)  Each cut was difficult, but at 9mg, it became impossible.  So I basically gave up and resigned myself to staying on benzos forever.  It was NOT an attempt to overcome the effects of tapering, it was just capitulation.  I am NOT in favor of long holds to recover from a to-fast taper.  IMO, if 7-10 days don't bring relief, then you need to updose.  And that's really what I did. I tried 3 times to go from 9mg down to 8.5mg, and each attempt was a disaster.  So I just went back to my last "comfortable" dose, and stayed there (until I learned about DLMT)

2) "Tolerance withdrawal" is a "condition" that exists only here on BB (and maybe some other drug message boards).  I have never found a single reference to "tolerance withdrawal" in any reputable medical, pharmaceutical, academic, etc. publication.  And even if it exists, the description here on BB is a condition that occurs when you stay on a steady, therapeutic dose.  So even if it exists, it won't happen while you are tapering.  Most folks that think they are in "tolerance withdrawal" are just in plain ol" withdrawal

Thanks for your reply Builder.

If .02 a day gives me such horrible symptoms, I think I’d rather stay on. But I know I can’t. But I know I want to hold for a little while.

Lunesta turned on me in a couple weeks. Saw many doctors. Even twice or 3 times to Mayo Clinic.

Had every scan and test, including for MS, Lyme, brain tumor. Not one dr questioned the lunesta.

I couldn’t walk let alone think, but was told time and time again it’s anxiety. That led to many more drugs. Didn’t want to but was desperate, being so sick. All started with insomnia, like many on here.

Don’t know how I’m going to proceed. I am non functioning today. Had to get help with grandkids.

Don’t think I can taper much slower. I’ll be 110 yrs old when through.  TY xx