Need a DLMT taper schedule for 1mg klonopin - Builder?

[ro...]

Hi Builder.

Could you calculate a schedule that would reduce 1mg of K @ 5% per 2 weeks or 10% per month? I'm having problems with the math, my brain is not functioning.

I will use your 10 day supply method with a total of 100 ml? of prepared liquid.

What # of .00 ml's would I reduce by per day? You've been very helpful and I very much appreciate it!

I saw this example in another post, would this be good to follow? Not sure what percentage this example represents. But i'd like to do 5% every 2 weeks.

1.0 mg x 10% = .10 mg

10 mg K + 20 ml vodka + 80 ml water

Subtract .01 mg (.1 ml each day)

1.0 mg          10 ml

.99 mg          9.9 ml

.98 mg          9.8 ml

.97 mg          9.7 ml

.96 mg          9.6 ml    etc.

And then I see this from Builder from a while back:

Dissolve 10mg K in 20ml 80-90 proof vodka

Add 80ml water.

You now have 100ml of liquid K, 1mg=10ml

If you want to drop 5%/10 days, your daily cut will be .005mg

your daily schedule will be:

1mg (10ml)

.995mg (9.95ml)

.990mg (9.90ml)

.985mg (9.85ml)

etc...

So I guess I will use this schedule from Builder for a 5% cut over 10 days. Builder, would you agree?

Rob

Hi Builder.

Could you calculate a schedule that would reduce 1mg of K @ 5% per 2 weeks...

1mg X 10% = .1mg

.1mg/14 days = .007mg/day

Sorry Builder.

How many ml's per day reduction would that be?

Could you lay it out like this for me?

1mg (10ml)

.995mg (9.95ml)

.990mg (9.90ml)

.985mg (9.85ml)

Sorry Builder.

How many ml's per day reduction would that be?

One of the reasons I always recommend a .1mg=1ml ratio is THERE IS NO MATH!.  To convert mgs to mls, you just multiply by 10 (move the decimal one place).  .007mgs X 10 + .07mls.

Could you lay it out like this for me?

1mg (10ml)

.995mg (9.95ml)

.990mg (9.90ml)

.985mg (9.85ml)

Just do that process, only subtract .07ml each day.

9.93ml

9.86ml

9.79ml

etc...

Hi.

What would my taper rate be if I reduced .05ml/day?  How is that calculated. I'm assuming the .07ml is = to a 10%/month reduction right?

Sorry to be a pain in the arse. I'm just trying to make sure that I understand, and that I set myself up for success and not failure as this is my last chance to get of of this stuff.

Rob

Hi.

What would my taper rate be if I reduced .05ml/day?  How is that calculated. I'm assuming the .07ml is = to a 10%/month reduction right?

.05ml/day X 14 days = .7ml

.7ml/10ml = 7%/14 days

Sorry to be a pain in the arse. I'm just trying to make sure that I understand, and that I set myself up for success and not failure as this is my last chance to get of of this stuff.

There is no such thing as a "last chance" to taper off of benzos.  I had several "failures" over the course of my taper journed.  You just back, correct your plan, and move on.  There are no errors that will do permanent damage, only temporary discomfort.

Rob

Thank you. I appreciate the help.

For a 5% cut every 14 days....Could you help me that so I have that as a choice? # of .0x ml to reduce daily?

I'm having acute withdrawal symptoms and I haven't even started the bulk of my taper yet. I was at 1.5mg and reduced to 1mg over the last 4 months. But i'm in a living hell right now. That's why it's my last chance. I don't have the benefit of any of the drugs original effect. My muscles, especially my back and neck are contorted and so, I am in great distress. Among other symptoms that make this unbearable. Obviously having trouble thinking, that's why i keep asking for clarification so that when I do start the rest of the taper I am doing it right.

Rob

Thank you. I appreciate the help.

For a 5% cut every 14 days....Could you help me that so I have that as a choice? # of .0x ml to reduce daily?

I'm having acute withdrawal symptoms and I haven't even started the bulk of my taper yet. I was at 1.5mg and reduced to 1mg over the last 4 months. But i'm in a living hell right now. That's why it's my last chance. I don't have the benefit of any of the drugs original effect. My muscles, especially my back and neck are contorted and so, I am in great distress. Among other symptoms that make this unbearable. Obviously having trouble thinking, that's why i keep asking for clarification so that when I do start the rest of the taper I am doing it right.

Rob

Rob...

look at the calculation! 

Current dose multiplied by your chosen percentage is the cut amount.

1mg X 5% = .05mg

Then divide the cut amount by the days.

.05mg/14 days = .0036  mgs'day  (round up to .004mgs/day)

I"m really  not trying to bust your chops here, but this is really incredibly easy, and it will dramatically boost your confidence and lower you anxiety by grasping it.

Thanks.

It's the figuring out how many ml's to draw from the batch that I don't get. If I can understand that part, i'll be all set.

One of the reasons I always recommend a .1mg=1ml ratio is THERE IS NO MATH!.  To convert mgs to mls, you just multiply by 10 (move the decimal one place).  .007mgs X 10 + .07mls.

So just move the decimal right?

1mg X 5% = .05mg

Then divide the cut amount by the days.

.05mg/14 days = .0036  mgs'day  (round up to .004mgs/day)

.04ml per day. Is this correct? This would be approximately 5% over 14 days. Maybe it's just too simple I am over thinking it.

Rob

Thanks.

It's the figuring out how many ml's to draw from the batch that I don't get. If I can understand that part, i'll be all set.

So just move the decimal right?

Yes!

.04ml per day. Is this correct? This would be approximately 5% over 14 days. Maybe it's just too simple I am over thinking it.

Yes,  it really is that simple!

Hi.

I'm trying to decide on the 10 day batch method or my 80ml jar 1 day batch option.

For the 80ml jar option I would pull and discard the reduction for the day.

I just need this 1 other (80ml jar) option to help make up my mind. You see, I have a fear of the cat or kid or whomever knocking over the container if I were to make up a 10 day batch.

I wouldn't be able to explain it to the Dr.

So, last (I hope) question for you.

You will remember my post using the 80ml jar:

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=221563.0

You gave me these calculations, for the 80ml jar option which came out to 8% per 2 weeks.

"OK.  So that means 1ml of you milk contains .0125mg of K.  (1mg/80ml = .0125mg per ml)

.5 X .0125mg = .006mg/day reduction.  That's about 8% per 2 weeks.  Pretty conservative, should work."

Builder, could you please calculate the # of ml's I would remove from the 80ml of fluid

per day for a 5% per 2 week scenario? I will use 2ml vodka and 78ml milk or water for 80mls.

This will probably be easier for me, as the markings on the syringe are hard for me to see due to poor vision.

So, if I reduced:

.5ml = ~ 8% per 2 weeks (Builder calculation

.4ml = ? Need what % reduction this would be over 2 weeks from Builder

.3ml = ? Need what % reduction this would be over 2 weeks from Builder

Could you calculate % for 2 weeks for both the .4ml and the .3ml options for me?

I don't fully understand the math behind how you figured out the .5ml/8%/2 weeks scenario. How you got the percentage %.

Thanks, you have been incredibly helpful and patient with me, I thank you immensely.

Rob

Is it like so?:

For a .4ml per day reduction:

.4 X .0125 = .005 / .005 X 14 = 0.07 or 7%

For a 3ml per day reduction:

.3 X .0125 = .004 / .004 X 14 = .0525 or 5% (Rounding off)

I think "pull and discard" is a silly, labor-intensive, inefficient, wasteful concept and choose not to develop plans for something I think is silly.

You wouldn't take any other medicine (or any other liquid) that way, so why would you want to take this medicine that way?

Hi. Anxiety just shot through the roof...

Could you please make an exception? I just need confirmation on the .4ml and .3ml reduction percentages. I'm just trying to weigh my options Builder. And obviously I need your help if you would be willing.

If you were making single day batches, you would end up with a little bit of extra solution that you would discard most likely.

And at the end of a 10 day batch, you have a bit of solution to discard if you cannot make up an 11th day dose out of what is remaining after 10 days dosing from that batch.

Due to some of the reasons I gave, ( and I don't have a stockpile of pills ), one day batches may make sense for me. Once I got down to the 1/2 way point of the 1mg klonopin taper, I would recalculate for the remaining.5mg.

Could you at least confirm my attempt at the calculations for .4ml and .3ml reductions?

For a .4ml per day reduction:

.4 X .0125 = .005 / .005 X 14 = 0.07 or 7%

For a 3ml per day reduction:

.3 X .0125 = .004 / .004 X 14 = .0525 or 5% (Rounding off)

Rob

"The milliters I would remove" is the same amount as the milliters you would reduce your dose.  Instead of throwing away an increasing amount each day, you simply drink a decreasing  each day.  But either way, the math is the same.  With pull and discard, you keep adding the amount each day, with a multi day supply, you just subtract the cut amount each day.  The daily cut amount is the same.  In one case you make a schedule of you much to throw away each day, and in the other case, you make a schedule of how much you drink each day.

Your still trying to make this more complicated than it is.  Suppose your doc gave you a scrip for a liquid med, and the dosing instructions were " Take 10 tsp the first day, then reduce the dose by 1 tsp each day"  I'm pretty sure you wound take 10 tsp day 1, 9 tsp day 2. 8 tsp day 3, etc. That's ll there is to a daily taper!

If you only have a limited supply of med, why would yoiu want to throw some away each day?

I am not sure if I am doing it correctly.

I put 100 ml milk in the cup and .05 mg clonazepam

and then I take 5ml out every day

Is that the correct way to get to 5 % .

or do I need to do 5% decrease per day or 5% for the whole week?

Thanks

Anne

I am not sure if I am doing it correctly.

I put 100 ml milk in the cup and .05 mg clonazepam

and then I take 5ml out every day

Is that the correct way to get to 5 % .

or do I need to do 5% decrease per day or 5% for the whole week?

Thanks

Anne

I thnk you mean you put .5mg in the cup.

So .5mg:100ml  is .005mg per ml.

.005mg X 5ml = .025mg

.025mg/.5mg = 5%

• 2 weeks later...