Author Topic: DR NEDLEY.. -Genuine or Marketing Con..?  (Read 462 times)

[Buddie]

DR NEDLEY.. -Genuine or Marketing Con..?
« on: April 28, 2019, 12:07:27 pm »
Dr Neil Nedly..?? Genuine or marketing con?

Went to a free anxiety and depression workshop... Half the night was about selling the books we will need to buy "tonight" to do the course "properly" -No biggie, but it felt very "multi level marketing" type stuff...

Why I ask here is because it all sounds, and he looks, all too familiar... -Perhaps from links posted on BB, idk...??

Kinda seems like he has the general idea, thus far..

The BB search function isnt being too helpfull.. :(

Thanks guys..

Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

Re: DR NEDLEY.. -Genuine or Marketing Con..?
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2019, 12:32:40 am »
Marketing con. Why would you fall for this scam?, they're looking to profit.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2019, 01:53:45 am »
Marketing con. Why would you fall for this scam?, they're looking to profit.
Thanks, But why is it a scam, the info seems to be fair...?? Profit for service or product isnt an unusual concept...
Have you any experience with his work?  Obviously this isnt about our benzo or med situation, or a "cure" for us here on BB...  Are you saying his actual info is shoddy too..??

I guess im wondering more about the relationship between the people using his work and running the programme/seminar here in Australia, and Dr Nedley.. 
Is this his common bussiness model..?
-Something doesnt feel right..  I should say, This was all strongly promoted as a FREE community service....  And I didnt like the way it suddenly changed, the tactics, nor the look on some peoples faces when they had to suddenly come up with a few hundred $$ that I assume wasnt in the budget...

Thanks..

"Dr. Nedley is President of Weimar Center of Health and Education that runs a residential lifestyle center, academy and college in the beautiful foothills of the Sierra Mountains outside Sacramento, California. He is owner of the Nedley Clinic in Ardmore, Oklahoma, an internal medicine practice."

https://nedleyclinic.com/neil-nedley-md/

[Buddie]

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2019, 02:05:09 am »
I'm unfamiliar with him but as i can see on his website he seems like a con man and they did ask you for money. Don't give them any money.

[Buddie]

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2019, 02:23:58 am »
I'm unfamiliar with him but as i can see on his website he seems like a con man and they did ask you for money. Don't give them any money.
like blood from a stone mate..  Unless they first earn it..

[Buddie]

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2019, 02:49:14 am »
Dr. Neil Nedley is a well-known and respected physician.  This man truly knows what he's t talking about.  He's written several books and I've met and visited with him personally.  Unfortunately, his books are expensive but worth it.  He is a Godly man and an expert in depression and anxiety and comes to it from a Godly, Bible-based approach.  One of the books I own that he's written--Proof Positive--has an entire section dedicated to psychiatric drugs and benzos in particular and what they do to the brain and how they change people's lives.  The unfortunate part for me is that I didn't follow his advice and was uneducated about benzos till it was too late.  I don't know his current research of what can be done once damage has been done.  His seminars are expensive but worth it if you haven't already worsened your life by resorting to these damaging drugs--for whatever reason.  He is a Seventh-day Adventist, Christian man and is well versed in Scripture for healing as well as a holistic approach in addition to dietary reform.  Anyone who says it is a scam is wrong, wrong, wrong.  I know that we live in a world where we have to be serious about what we try, but if you can afford his books or seminars, do it.  I have no vested interest in this post.  I have yet (this is the first time) to see anything on this site concerning Dr. Nedley.  I have been on this forum since 2012--off and on--and am actually happy to see someone who has been able to experience his work.  Dr. Nedley is not able to go everywhere so must have others' putting seminars for him but this man knows his stuff!
« Last Edit: April 29, 2019, 02:55:57 am by [Buddie] »

[Buddie]

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2019, 03:57:24 am »
Dr. Neil Nedley is a well-known and respected physician.  This man truly knows what he's t talking about.  He's written several books and I've met and visited with him personally.  Unfortunately, his books are expensive but worth it.  He is a Godly man and an expert in depression and anxiety and comes to it from a Godly, Bible-based approach.  One of the books I own that he's written--Proof Positive--has an entire section dedicated to psychiatric drugs and benzos in particular and what they do to the brain and how they change people's lives.  The unfortunate part for me is that I didn't follow his advice and was uneducated about benzos till it was too late.  I don't know his current research of what can be done once damage has been done.  His seminars are expensive but worth it if you haven't already worsened your life by resorting to these damaging drugs--for whatever reason.  He is a Seventh-day Adventist, Christian man and is well versed in Scripture for healing as well as a holistic approach in addition to dietary reform.  Anyone who says it is a scam is wrong, wrong, wrong.  I know that we live in a world where we have to be serious about what we try, but if you can afford his books or seminars, do it.  I have no vested interest in this post.  I have yet (this is the first time) to see anything on this site concerning Dr. Nedley.  I have been on this forum since 2012--off and on--and am actually happy to see someone who has been able to experience his work.  Dr. Nedley is not able to go everywhere so must have others' putting seminars for him but this man knows his stuff!
Lol, I think I have already worsened my life by needing meds... :(  But there are plenty of reasons beyond that (and myself) as to why im interested...

Thank you so much for your reply... It is very valued...  I tend to agree, His work seems sound enough, but the delivering organisation is a bit sketchy... -I can work with that... :)

Again, Thanks for your time and experiences...
:)

[Buddie]

« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2019, 08:16:30 am »
Lol, I think I have already worsened my life by needing meds... :(  But there are plenty of reasons beyond that (and myself) as to why im interested...

Thank you so much for your reply... It is very valued...  I tend to agree, His work seems sound enough, but the delivering organisation is a bit sketchy... -I can work with that... :)

[...]:

I'm interested in the organization who put on the seminar that you attended . . . ?  Are you comfortable revealing that?  I'm wondering if they are associated with his organization or if they are independent of him  . . If you can, I'd like to know.  You are in Australia?  I am quite familiar with Weimar, although have never been there as I live in the US.  It's too bad that things have to be so costly and often that eliminates some of the most needy getting the help they need . . .

[Buddie]

« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2019, 12:43:30 pm »

[...]:

I'm interested in the organization who put on the seminar that you attended . . . ?  Are you comfortable revealing that?  I'm wondering if they are associated with his organization or if they are independent of him  . . If you can, I'd like to know.  You are in Australia?  I am quite familiar with Weimar, although have never been there as I live in the US.  It's too bad that things have to be so costly and often that eliminates some of the most needy getting the help they need . . .
[...],

Im thinking its a local church group (small town, -yes Aust..), or perhaps someone enlisting their help, or  affiliated that travels.. I would say there is probs some contractual association..??
 We will see, -ill post..

[Buddie]

« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2019, 07:01:15 pm »

[...]:

[...],

Im thinking its a local church group (small town, -yes Aust..), or perhaps someone enlisting their help, or  affiliated that travels.. I would say there is probs some contractual association..??
 We will see, -ill post..

:thumbsup: